Tier 4 orders now opening

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the New York thread where the same information was posted, but that car is actually a dealer demo car. All the dealers in NY are listing one Leaf each...it's always an SL model, with a VIN in the 15000s...so, basically, the car isn't really available, and certainly not at that price. It's a gimmick to get you into the dealership.

Nissan finally updated my estimated delivery to say "month of March 2012" instead of "pending".

Below, there's a link for more information. It says "your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your dealership within 15 days of the estimated delivery month shown. please be aware that it is normal for a delivery month to fluctuate as production is finalized." (emphasis mine).

Wow, I thought they'd be a bit better at planning & tracking the production/delivery process.

Does this estimate ever get any more specific?

garsh said:
Nissan finally updated my estimated delivery to say "month of March 2012" instead of "pending".

Below, there's a link for more information. It says "your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your dealership within 15 days of the estimated delivery month shown. please be aware that it is normal for a delivery month to fluctuate as production is finalized." (emphasis mine).

Wow, I thought they'd be a bit better at planning & tracking the production/delivery process.

It will change to "Week oF". My guess is that they post "Month of" until its on the ship bounf for the US. Once it's on the ship, they have a better idea of arrival date and switch to "week of". (This is my guess; don't take it as fact.) In my case, it looks as if it will turn out to be about 2 months from when they loaded it on the ship at Oppama until my dealer delivers it. See the "tracking ships" thread it you want to indulge in further speculation.

tps said:
garsh said:

It will change to "Week oF". My guess is that they post "Month of" until its on the ship bounf for the US. Once it's on the ship, they have a better idea of arrival date and switch to "week of". (This is my guess; don't take it as fact.) In my case, it looks as if it will turn out to be about 2 months from when they loaded it on the ship at Oppama until my dealer delivers it. See the "tracking ships" thread it you want to indulge in further speculation.

Yep - mine behaved the same - Feb, then Feb 6 then Feb 12, back to Feb 3 Now Jan 25. Shipping ocean freight is not an exact science I'm afraid, especially preload. And certainly unloading and customs are both prone to delays. I just got the VIN and Carwings setup today which the veterans seem to agree is a two week early warning, so hopefully that's accurate. The early states were much more volatile so believe it or not it's better at least!

Mine started out Month of Jan, then changed to week of Feb 6, where it's been ever since. No VIN or Carwings yet. I placed my order on the afternoon of Nov 30, so I'd think if any Tier 4 orders were to be delivered in January, I'd be one of them...

My delivery date was not updated till much later, and after that it was inaccurate right up to the week before I received it. Everyone else, it seems, from dealer to the contractor who installed my EVSE had better dates than the website gave me.

I'm in a Tier 4 state (DE), ordered 12/24/2011. Website said it would be ready week of jan 18th and dealer called jan 12th to say it's ready for pick up. There's only one Nissan dealer in DE that currently sells the leaf and mine is one of 2 on the first delivery.

mattami said:
I'm in a Tier 4 state (DE), ordered 12/24/2011. Website said it would be ready week of jan 18th and dealer called jan 12th to say it's ready for pick up. There's only one Nissan dealer in DE that currently sells the leaf and mine is one of 2 on the first delivery.

:shock:

That's...incredible.

Many thanks to KJD for the tip about buying from existing dealers' inventory. I hadn't before realized some dealers had an extensive stock.

After waiting and fidgeting for a year, and after reading KJD's message, I visited Mossy's website, picked the car from a list of 24 they had on hand and bought it! We have commitments next weekend and can't go get it, but we will go get our new black 2011 (with 11 miles on it) the weekend of Feb. 4th!

Lectroglide said:
Many thanks to KJD for the tip about buying from existing dealers' inventory. I hadn't before realized some dealers had an extensive stock.

After waiting and fidgeting for a year, and after reading KJD's message, I visited Mossy's website, picked the car from a list of 24 they had on hand and bought it! We have commitments next weekend and can't go get it, but we will go get our new black 2011 (with 11 miles on it) the weekend of Feb. 4th!

Hey Lectroglide, Glad to hear that it worked out for you. I have almost 1,000 miles on my Leaf now and the 06 Prius gets used less and less all the time. My wife and both drive the Leaf and she wants to know when can she have one of her own.

I hope you enjoy your new car as much as I have enjoyed mine.

KJD

Looks as if the out-of-order delivery problem is back. I had a very early Tier 4 order, but my estimated delivery week of Feb 6 will likely be slipping, according to CS. Just 2 days ago CS said I was on-track for week of Feb 6. The difference is that this time, unlike the previous times, I asked them where the car was. I think the past couple times they must have just been making it up. Meanwhile, later orders have already been delivered!

coqui said:
KJD said:
My wife and both drive the Leaf and she wants to know when can she have one of her own. KJD
LOL so does that mean you will be fighting over the charger?

Hey I know better than to fight with my wife, she wins every time. :)

What it really means is that I will buy another GE Watt Station so she can have her own.

So glad to know it isn't just me. When they started doing the week of dates I started keeping track here they are :
January 31, 2012
February 2, 2012
February 3, 2012
February 6, 2012
February 8, 2012
February 10, 2012
February 14, 2012
February 16, 2012
February 20, 2012

They told me it was in Virginia in port on February 1st. By then the date had become the 8th. On the 9th I activated carwings. I'm rather frustrated, but cross state leasing is too difficult, otherwise I would have just bought one from Maryland.

I am in Missouri which I think must be tier 30 or something. I heard from the dealer that they are letting the early hand raisers like me order in May. So much for being one of the first 6,000 to reserve their place in line with a deposit.

I might have jumped the gun on the reservation. I had been following the LEAF since before it had a name and when I could not register the first day. I thought something was wrong and phoned in my reservation. They were nice enough to take it when I called and must have thought I was crazy. It turns out I was not supposed to be able to reserve one at that time. :lol:

The dealer said we will most likely get the 2013 which should have the 6.6 kw chargers. So maybe waiting 2 years is not all bad. :roll:

I just hope someone offers and EV in St. Louis before all the tax credits are gone. I still might make my own conversion instread. I only drive between 10-12 miles most days and have ICE cars availbable, so a conversion might work for me until some car company is willing to sell me a car.

I think the orphans in the roll out states might be the best choice depending on the dealers in your area. I have seen orphans selling at $2000 below MSRP which acording to the dealers near me might be my best chance. I am looking into shipping cost. The only problem is getting the money. They need the entire thing in cash. My credit union which is only in Missouri has never heard of the LEAF.

This has to be the hardest car to buy I have ever bought.

I RAQed and ordered on Nov. 30. By mid-December, my delivery estimate became steady at week of Feb. 6. Right around delivery time, it switched to Feb 9 and then Feb 14, where it has remained. My car was actually delivered on Feb 7, so the original estimate Week of Feb 6 was accurate.

tps, does your car already have the updates Nissan announced ? or is it included in the service campaign

specifically do you think it has the newer owners manual and the updated HVAC (whatever change thats is)

or does it need it like all of us?

kmp647 said:
tps, does your car already have the updates Nissan announced ? or is it included in the service campaign

specifically do you think it has the newer owners manual and the updated HVAC (whatever change thats is)

or does it need it like all of us?
How do I tell?

Back