Tier 4 orders now opening

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garsh said:
I decided on a dealer. Salesman said that they just received 4 open slots yesterday for placing Leaf orders.

But when I go to the website and try to submit the RAQ, it says that my preferred dealer has reached their monthly order allowance.
The salesman is going to call Nissan and find out what the deal is, but he assures me that they definitely have the open slots, so it won't be a problem once the website issue is sorted.

Sigh. :cry:
Finally got my order placed!

Turns out that the problem was that my dealer was not listed as Leaf-certified. They forgot to fax some form to Nissan after installing their L2 chargers. All good now! :cool:

what's tier 4 ???

I called a local dealer on Nov 30, went up to see him on Dec 2 and picked it up on Monday 5th with snow tires installed.

You guys in the USA still on waiting lists ?

My dealer here in Akron OH said that he can sell four Leafs per month. I got the last one on Dec 5. Now Nissan says that my Leaf will arrive at the dealer's this February.

mvyew8mv said:
My dealer here in Akron OH said that he can sell four Leafs per month. I got the last one on Dec 5. Now Nissan says that my Leaf will arrive at the dealer's this February.
My dealer said the same (Zelienople PA), but I was the first one to order through them on Dec 8. Nissan hasn't given me a delivery estimate yet. When did you receive your delivery estimate?

I'm quite anxious. The "check engine" light on my current car has started to pop on a bit. I'm crossing my fingers & hoping my leaf arrives before I have to put any more money into it.

garsh said:
My dealer said the same (Zelienople PA), but I was the first one to order through them on Dec 8. Nissan hasn't given me a delivery estimate yet. When did you receive your delivery estimate?
I placed my order through Peruzzi Nissan on Nov 30th. Exactly one week later, my delivery status changed from "pending" to "month of January 2012", which is where it still is.

Working with my electrician right now to get the Leviton Evr-Green 160 EVSE I bought from Amazon installed before the end of the year so I can claim the tax credit.

If car is relatively new I guess 2000 or up they can read your "check engine" codes for free @ Autozone or other parts store. Check light no necessarily mean big problem
garsh said:
The "check engine" light on my current car has started to pop on a bit. I'm crossing my fingers & hoping my leaf arrives before I have to put any more money into it.

EdmondLeaf said:
If car is relatively new I guess 2000 or up they can read your "check engine" codes for free @ Autozone or other parts store. Check light no necessarily mean big problem
Mine's a '99. :eek:
As long as it keeps running I'm not going to worry about it.

EdmondLeaf said:
garsh said:
The "check engine" light on my current car has started to pop on a bit. I'm crossing my fingers & hoping my leaf arrives before I have to put any more money into it.

if it has an obd 2 , it can be scanned . 1996 and newer can be scanned .
sent with speech to text

A couple of days after I placed my order I received an email stating that the car would arrive in February. When I look at "My Account" on their web page it shows a February arrival at the dealer.

The first of us in Tier 4 are probably feeling like most the first Tier 1 LEAF owners did at this time last year. My estimated delivery date is "week of February 06, 2012", so my excitement is building as it comes down to the last few weeks. I'm more than ready to kick the gasoline habit (of 40 years) for good! The LEAF will be my first new car in all that time; it's the first time I ever felt it was worth buying a new car!

tps said:
The first of us in Tier 4 are probably feeling like most the first Tier 1 LEAF owners did at this time last year. My estimated delivery date is "week of February 06, 2012", so my excitement is building as it comes down to the last few weeks. I'm more than ready to kick the gasoline habit (of 40 years) for good! The LEAF will be my first new car in all that time; it's the first time I ever felt it was worth buying a new car!

If you guys really want a car, why not just go and buy one today. Fontana has 10 or 11 orhans and Mossey has 17 orphans available for purchase right now.

I bough mine at Fontana Nissan and the discount off MSRP was more than enough to pay for the shipping.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KJD said:
If you guys really want a car, why not just go and buy one today.
I'm considering it. I'm not quite ready yet - I need to wait for my company to install the L2 chargers first.

I haven't seen any discussion about how to find & hire a company to ship the car. Does anybody have any information or advice for how to go about doing that? I'm not even sure what category to look under to hire such a company.

KJD said:
If you guys really want a car, why not just go and buy one today. Fontana has 10 or 11 orhans and Mossey has 17 orphans available for purchase right now.
If I got a dollar for evey time I heard "buy an orphan" my LEAF would be paid for. :) You make it sound as if I must buy an orphan to prove that I really want a LEAF. I know that I probably could have had a LEAF for several months now, had I gone that route. (Hell, I was driving a rental LEAF back at the beginning of last April when probably less than 1000 had been delivered in the US.) Please let us enjoy the building excitement as our delivery dates approach.

BTW -- I did ask Fontana several months ago; Danny cautioned me against it. Maybe he's changed his story, but now that my delivery is so close, I can wait the few extra weeks.

garsh said:
KJD said:
I'm considering it. I'm not quite ready yet - I need to wait for my company to install the L2 chargers first.

I haven't seen any discussion about how to find & hire a company to ship the car. Does anybody have any information or advice for how to go about doing that? I'm not even sure what category to look under to hire such a company.
The dealer itself should be able to point you to a few companies that they recommend. When I was looking to sell my 350Z, the dealer I brought it to (and ended up selling to) said he could get it shipped if I didn't sell and had some company in mind.

See both pages of http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/67752-recommend-me-good-car-shipping-company.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some names. I've used Plycar before and would recommend them but they're pricey.

Unfortunately, shipping in an enclosed carrier can be pretty expensive. FWIW, new cars show up at dealers on non-enclosed carriers but at least here in CA, the journey from the port to the dealer isn't that far.

garsh said:
KJD said:

I just let the dealer (Fontana) arrange shipping. The delivered the car to my office. If I had been home they would have dropped the car off there. Easy as can be.

KJD

tps said:
KJD said:
If I got a dollar for evey time I heard "buy an orphan" my LEAF would be paid for. :) You make it sound as if I must buy an orphan to prove that I really want a LEAF. I know that I probably could have had a LEAF for several months now, had I gone that route. (Hell, I was driving a rental LEAF back at the beginning of last April when probably less than 1000 had been delivered in the US.) Please let us enjoy the building excitement as our delivery dates approach.

BTW -- I did ask Fontana several months ago; Danny cautioned me against it. Maybe he's changed his story, but now that my delivery is so close, I can wait the few extra weeks.

Maybe he did not have 10 extra in stock at that time.
Danny is a good guy. He went out of his way to make sure I got the car I wanted. We did the whole deal over the phone in a day. A week after I bought the car I was DRIVING my car. The local dealers here in Utah gave me nothing but a song and dance routine.

Buy your car where ever you want. Makes no difference to me. I just thought maybe you were tired of waiting, like I was.

KJD

I contacted both of the CA dealers offering $2k off of orphans...shipping to NY ranged from $1100 to $1500, and neither was willing to Lease to an out-of-state customer due to issues with registration. For $500 to $900 worth of savings, and not being able to lease the car, it just wasn't worth it.

Nissan of Middletown, NY has a Cayenne Red SL listed on their website for $35,657. It's probably the one I cancelled. :cry:

Back