This month's "Nissan LEAF Research Survey"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachcliffs

Beachcliffs said:
I just received the e-mail from Nissan this morning with this month's survey. They are finally including detailed questions about the ordering process and experience with CS.

So, I highly encourage any and all of you who have received the e-mail to take the time to complete the survey and "go to town" (I certainly did).

I simultaneously remarked on this at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4173
Moderators, is there a way we can combine these threads?

Yeah, I got it, ran down my less-than-satisfying experience with their so-called CS, and asked how it is that my car can sit in port for over 2 months, waiting for accessories, while over 1500 other Leafs manage to get delivered in that time period (based on the sales figures released for April and May).

Excellent timing, to get this survey the day after a very depressing CS chat!

Harrumph!

Well Nissan CS now says that my car is "at the dealership" although I haven't heard from Fontana at all.

I wonder what "at the dealership" is a euphemism for now?

I was happy to see all the quesitons on Nissan's communications. I gave them a rating that would cause HR to put them on 90 days probation. My main theme was "Nissan Communication Sucks".

But I was also encoraged to seem the soliciting ideas for a regular newsletter. I think they asked about this a while back, but nothing has made it to me yet.

I thought I would share my ideas for a newsletter. Feel free to use any that you like on your own survey.

I would like to see coverage of local Leaf community events (meet ups, etc), and discussion of future events (West Coast Border to Border Leaf Relay). I also expect that a significant portion of the newsletter will be devoted to covering the charging infrastructure build out. It should cover all new public stations installed, stations that are being delayed and the reason for the delay, high level build out plan overviews, and consumer level efforts (i.e. plugshare). Finally, I would want to see tips for maximizing my Leaf range, battery life, performance, and consumer modifications.

davewill said:
earther said:
I simultaneously remarked on this at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4173
Moderators, is there a way we can combine these threads?
Just delete the other post before someone replies.

In case earther deletes earlier post, here it is ...
earther said:
Just received a second Nissan survey via email this morning.
It asked for comments regarding the delivery wait, EVSE assessment/installation waits, and reliability of customer service/LiveChat -- which are all sticky points here with forum members.
Makes me think that perhaps Nissan is starting to realize these are some sensitive issues that can stand improvement (at the very least, I think the fact that they are trying to gauge opinion on this shows they care!)

When they asked what should go in the newsletter, I gave them an earful of things we need to know about charging and they haven't told us. By "earful" I mean I filled their box and then some with about twenty questions, from why they recommend against trickle charging (listing possible reasons), to what changes have they made in what the SOC bars mean, to what the company policy is on dealership charging (listing several possible interpretations).

I also had some pointed comments on the usability of the Owners Portal, and of course I appreciated being able to vent some frustration on their poor communication during my eight month wait for the car I had ordered, and the uselessness of CS.

Ray

I told them that CS is doing a great job and that there is almost nothing they could do better. An hour later I got an email inviting me to a private Nissan customer appreciation event being held in July and an offer to participate in a charger upgrade pilot program.

EVDRIVER said:
I told them that CS is doing a great job and that there is almost nothing they could do better. An hour later I got an email inviting me to a private Nissan customer appreciation event being held in July and an offer to participate in a charger upgrade pilot program.
:lol: :lol: !!

Best thing I read all day, apart from turbo's CAN cribsheet.

Oh! Sorry that you didn't receive the charger upgrade last month, like the rest of us in the pilot program.

I like that the new charger also makes coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate and tea. I just can't figure where the water comes from. Must be a built-in reservoir. Same for the flavored creamers. I really have no use for the free XM radio subscription in the charger. At least not in my garage.

SilverLeaf said:
Oh! Sorry that you didn't receive the charger upgrade last month, like the rest of us in the pilot program.
I didn't want to say anything, but I thought everyone on MNL was in the charger upgrade program. As a matter of fact, I made several suggestions to improve the design, which they have already incorporated into Rev. 2. ;)

I'm now doing my 2nd one today. This one is purely about my home charging station installation.

My rhetorical question is:
If 7/10 is "outstanding" and 10/10 is "truly exceptional" what is 8 or 9?

Presuming 5/10 is average, that only leaves 6/10 between Average and Outstanding.

Without considering those intermediate names, I'd probably have given a splattering of 7's and 8's.
Wait for a press release to claim that "90% of Nissan customers said we were Outstanding"

EVDRIVER said:

Evdriver: You da man!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My favorite questions were what kind of articles I'd like to see in a newsletter, and what information would I like to see on the owners' portal. My answers:

Newsletter

Public charging station news. Reviews of directories (including Carwings) giving information necessary to actually use stations, e.g. availability, open to anyone, hours of operation, cost, prevalence of non-EVs blocking access, effectiveness of enforcement. Progress of CHAdeMO installations, UL certification, SAE L3 standards, co-existence or conflict of standards. Employers providing charging at-work, success stories, how they made their decisions, case studies you can show to your employer. Schedule of Leaf availability in other states and in other countries. What's happening to get cars to all those early reservation holders who were skipped? Did any of them lose out on rebates as a result, and is Nissan doing anything to make it up to them?

Owners Portal

Tips for best using Leaf features: e.g., with a weekday charging timer schedule of 80%, and an off-peak electricity rate starting at midnight, what's the best way at 10pm to ask for a 100% charge for the next day's driving only? How do you change the names of destination points stored in the NAV?** How can you stop Google Maps from sending the same old 6 locations to the NAV so that you can send the next 6, other than deleting all info feeds? What's the best way to organize and name MP3 tracks on a USB stick for convenient access to the music in the car?

(I thought it might be good for Nissan to realize that, even among those who were lucky and got their cars and who were entirely satisfied with Nissan and CS, their reputation would be affected by how they treat those who made the first reservations.)

**The answer to this was RTFM, read the fabulous manual.

I just got an email asking me to be available for a personal interview in two weeks. You may remember that was one of the questions from the survey....if you would be willing to participate in this way.

It would be 1.5 hours at my home (so my home charging situation can be observed) and video taped for Nissan internal review and reference.

Payoff for participating is a $150 VISA gift card. :D

mwalsh said:
No-one else get an email requesting a personal interview/meeting yesterday? I'm under the impression they are shooting for three days worth, so I assumed they'd look to do something like a dozen people?

Nope, as usual, seduced and abandoned. :lol:

mwalsh said:
No-one else get an email requesting a personal interview/meeting yesterday? I'm under the impression they are shooting for three days worth, so I assumed they'd look to do something like a dozen people?

You have to have a car, right? well.....that leaves me out. :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

mwalsh said:
I just got an email asking me to be available for a personal interview in two weeks. You may remember that was one of the questions from the survey....if you would be willing to participate in this way.

It would be 1.5 hours at my home (so my home charging situation can be observed) and video taped for Nissan internal review and reference.

Payoff for participating is a $150 VISA gift card. :D

I got the email as well - responded to set a date.

Told my wife that I'd talk about the Leaf for 90 minutes for free to anyone who would stand and listen that long, so the gift card offer made this a no-brainer.... :lol:

Back