The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Leaf owner here; just got my '15 SV with quick charge last week. Could've probably saved a little bit more with the end of the month coming up, but didn't want to have to settle for a S (SV/SL trims seem to be disappearing in MD). All in all, I was very happy with the dealership I bought from and the price. (MSRP ~35K, negotiated down to ~30K, plus 5K/0% NMAC financing, 3K MD credit, 7.5K federal credit).

Pretty excited to join the EV owner's group!

Levenkay said:
I'm not a Colorado resident, but I've seen many other posters emphasize the fact that the $7500 Federal incentive is NOT a rebate, but a tax credit. Colorado's precise definition of "rebate" would be important here.
In fact, the language used is "Any available federal credit". For some reason people tend to use "rebate" and "tax credit" interchangeably, even though they are very different.

Income 67 Innovative Motor Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Vehicle Credits (See page 6)

Finally snagged a Leaf. 2015 Black SV with Premium Package on Labor Day. Woohoo! I love it! I'm the only one in my office building with an EV and everyone is asking about it and wanting a ride.

11 years anniversary gift for my wife (you know the key to staying happily married...) ;)
brand new 2015 SL (MSRP $36,470)
out the door for $27,000 (includes TTL and the $5k NMAC rebate).
We will file for $7500 tax credit and then have a <$20k car that is fully loaded (well except for the tailpipe!)
Can't wait to get this battery pack juiced up on a DC charge!!
Thanks for all the great information in this forum,
:)

Finally took the plunge and got a 2015 Leaf SV. This is the second day I've had it. Lots to learn. Still waiting on a L2 charger that I ordered.

Second week with our Blue 2013 SV, 13.8k miles, $11,100 from Atlanta used car dealer. Should be getting a EVSE Upgrade any day now. Both wife and I are retired so we leave our 2001 Honda Accord parked most of the time. She was away in Leaf yesterday and I had to go out in the Honda. Very smelly and noisy experience.

Picked up our Cayenne Red 2015 SV w/Premium Package on Wednesday.

Our drive home was 75 miles or so in at the beginning of Rush Hour traffic. I made it to Los Gatos with the problem of making it over Hwy 17 with 26 miles showing on the GOM and 23 miles to home. I chickened out and pulled into town to charge for 30 minutes.

We have it home now, and are working on getting our LVSE setup in our garage...

So far it is quite a new concept driving this car - it is fun, quick and very quiet.

Picked up a 2012 SL with 25k miles for $9500. Loving it so far! Carfax showed Nissan replaced the battery after coming off lease, right before I purchased, but I only have 11 bars, so a little confused there.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

CJP81 said:
Picked up a 2012 SL with 25k miles for $9500. Loving it so far! Carfax showed Nissan replaced the battery after coming off lease, right before I purchased, but I only have 11 bars, so a little confused there.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!
11 bars seems normal for that mileage and year, however I believe the capacity warranty specifies restoring to at least 9 bars. Most to this point have received new packs not refurbished ones. I would check more details as to where it was "replaced". A sign of things to come?

New Leaf owner, just got a 2015 SL White on Saturday. Hit my first range anxiety today and made it home with 12% battery :shock: .

Gotta order the L2 charger.

Picked up our 2013 Leaf SV in metallic slate this evening! YAY! $12,735 with 18,444 miles. Not an outstanding deal, but not bad for a low volume location. It has the sparkly blue console in the center, which makes me happy. :) Started home with 97% charge and 45 miles later still had 55% left (45 mph steady with minimal stops on back roads). Thanks for the help with the decision making process!

Just picked up a Silver 2015 SV with quick charger and led head lights. Worked a lease deal.
Excited to join the board as well. I still feel like I have a lot to learn about the car.

zanthian said:
Just picked up a Silver 2015 SV with quick charger and led head lights. Worked a lease deal.
Excited to join the board as well. I still feel like I have a lot to learn about the car.

Welcome to the future. This is a good place to learn. If you list a location in your profile, it will be easier for folks to answer any questions you may have. Location can have a big effect on a LEAF. How was the lease deal?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Welcome to the future. This is a good place to learn. If you list a location in your profile, it will be easier for folks to answer any questions you may have. Location can have a big effect on a LEAF. How was the lease deal?

I am located in Cincinnati, OH. Added to my profile. The cars was $35k MSRP, they discounted it down to $29k before rebate, then applied 11.2k rebate to the price. I was able to get the lease down to $249/month. I am happy with that number and with the savings on gas, it will reduce my per month even more.

Just picked up a Sky Blue 2015 S which has quick charge port too. Worked a lease deal.
I'm pretty excited to join the forum as well. I got a lot to learn about the car in coming days.

CJP81 said:

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!
They replaced the 12v accessory battery, not the main lithium battery.

First post here. Just bought a 2015 white S with charging package. Love it so far! Highways and cold temperatures (I live in Maine) eat battery but my normal commute is under 10 miles, so I believe the level one charger will be sufficient the vast majority of the time. There is a free quick charge station about three miles away for other situations.

brettiegabber said:
First post here. Just bought a 2015 white S with charging package. Love it so far! Highways and cold temperatures (I live in Maine) eat battery but my normal commute is under 10 miles, so I believe the level one charger will be sufficient the vast majority of the time. There is a free quick charge station about three miles away for other situations.

Welcome, and, go Maine! Portland? If you add your location in your profile it will help in answering any future questions you may have.

Back