The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VTLeaf said:
...Trickle charging for now as it might just suffice - we'll see. ...
Congratulations on the 2013 SV :)

Just be sure the 120V outlet and circuit have been inspected and are suitable.
Nissan only recommends the 120V EVSE for emergency or occasional convenience charging.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19289&hilit=+fire#p414040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details.

Glad the MNL info was helpful.

Thanks Tim - I've been aware of the issue (thanks to the forum) and had the circuit checked out by a trusted electrician.
Waiting on estimates to upgrade to 220 - will see what happens.

VTLeaf said:
I'm waiting on an estimate for upgrading to L2 - it would likely require upgrading our 100 amp service and some trenching to run a line to the garage - I do like a good digging project but wouldn't get to that until summer. In the meantime I haven't sold our (now) third car (we only need two) in case I manage to get myself caught with insufficient range. I'm sure the fact that charging is more efficient at level 2 will eventually get me to jump (to my wife's potential chagrin).
I've got L2 installed with 100A service, but I have a '12, so I'm pulling max 18A @ 240V. Even if you get a lower speed L2, it's still way faster than the included L1 EVSE, especially if you consider the overhead of the charger. (In other words, a 12A L2 is a bit more than 2x faster than the included 12A L1 when the car is at a low state of charge.)
In other words, if you don't feel the need to go all the way to a 30-32A L2 EVSE, you may still be OK with your 100A service. Just some food for thought.

ishiyakazuo said:
I've got L2 installed with 100A service, but I have a '12, so I'm pulling max 18A @ 240V. Even if you get a lower speed L2, it's still way faster than the included L1 EVSE, especially if you consider the overhead of the charger. (In other words, a 12A L2 is a bit more than 2x faster than the included 12A L1 when the car is at a low state of charge.)
In other words, if you don't feel the need to go all the way to a 30-32A L2 EVSE, you may still be OK with your 100A service. Just some food for thought.

Thanks ishi, I'll add that to the mental hopper!

We took delivery of our 2015 Leaf SL on Friday, April 24th and have loved our first week with it. I took delivery of a JuiceBox Pro this afternoon and have all of the parts ready to install a 50A 220v circuit to the garage.

The dealers are offering really good deals around Denver right now. You can drive an S off of the lot with the 6.6kW charger package for $24,999. With the fed and Colorado rebates you drive away with a $11,499 car!

Well... bought our second 2011 Leaf SL on April 28th 2015 and the first Leaf we had purchased was exactly two months ago. It is a 2011 SL Black Leaf also. We didn't plan getting two, or them both being black, but it looks like a nice pair of speed bumps. The latest one we bought had the lizard battery installed in Dec. and a extended original warranty on the whole car good for another 3 years. So... it has about 24,000 miles but only about 2,000 on new battery! Now I have to widen the driveway and add a second charge station. One thing leads to another...and another...!

Hello all. I haven't been active on the forum for a couple of years now, but I'm about to finally buy a Leaf. I'm looking at at 2013 SL, no Premium Package, 13,300 miles, from a dealer for $15,995. It's Metalic Slate, like new outside and in.

Seems like a very reasonable price - thoughts?

Yodrak said:
...Seems like a very reasonable price - thoughts?
In line with the retail prices that were posted as of April 8 by OrientExpress.
See
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19362&start=30#p419454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might be just a few $ high now.

I got a $9500 (7% less than KBB "fair") 2012 SL in blue with 31k miles and 11 bars. It's just under 3 years old, off-lease. I can PM the broker's info (SF bay area).

Thanks for the link. I've bought the car and am happy with it. Maybe I could have gotten some more off had I seen that link and bargained harder, but I'm satisfied at this point.
TimLee said:
Yodrak said:
...Seems like a very reasonable price - thoughts?
In line with the retail prices that were posted as of April 8 by OrientExpress.
See
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19362&start=30#p419454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might be just a few $ high now.

Hello all!

I leased a 2015 Gun Metal S model on May 1st. It had 15 miles on it, 6-8 of which were from my test drive.

36/month lease, 12k/year, 2900 down (-2500 state rebate = 175 total out of pocket + 1st months payment), 225/month including tax/fees, 10k residual buyout value.

Enjoying it!! :cool:

I guess I shoulda posted a week and a half ago when I got mine (doh!)

2015 Leaf S Gunmetal - as you can see from my sig I have already fiddled with it. My mechanic is a big proponent of these vehicles and talked my into one. $2500dn - $1875 back from the state = $625 net deposit and $217 a month on a 3 yr 36k mile lease.

My only complaint is that I should have bought one sooner, but seeing what some of the early purchasers paid Im glad I didnt!

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a 2012 Blue SL with 12,682 miles and 12 bars for $10,900.

The only negative is that whoever turned in the lease didn't seem to take much pride on the appearance of a cars interior. Next week I will be heading to a detail shop to get it cleaned up.

2nd LEAF.

I turned over my previous 2013 LEAF for an almost identical S model...adding only the quick charge/rear camera features which are now standard, I guess. I already have a 240v hookup, thanks to the fine folks at EVSE Upgrade!

Had to bail on the other lease a month early, but without that I would never get the color (steel grey) I wanted and would have paid $460 more in total lease payments, so it all works out. Also was able to skip the $400 fee for turning in a lease. This was a Memorial Day Sale at Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA. Other dealer quoted me much higher price, did not have any of the grey models. Finished closing the deal at 10:30 at night.

$400 first payment down, $269 per month for 23 additional months.

$5,000 State of Georgia rebate (these expire effective June 30th.)

I couldn't be happier. I consider the LEAF one of the best cars I've ever owned. More and more charging stations are on the map here in Georgia. I may try some longer distance trips now that my care is equipped with the CHAdeMO port. But what I've learned in the last two years is that the LEAF effectively serves about 95% of my driving needs. My Mini-Cooper has only been driven about 2,000 miles in the last two years.

Gearscout said:
2nd LEAF. I turned over my previous 2013 LEAF for an almost identical S model...adding only the quick charge/rear camera features which are now standard, I guess.

Rear camera is standard (has been since 2014), QC was not. "B" mode and cruise control is also standard across the line for 2015.

Back