The Nissan Leaf is a very reliable and well constructed car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientExpress

I have been watching this and other Leaf forums for over a year, and am extremely impressed in what I don't see, namely posts about broken cars, shoddy workmanship, bad software, electronics, batteries, etc. Other than a few minor faults and several cockpit errors that have been reported, the Leaf is shaping up to be a very reliable car.

I have owned our Leaf for over 2 months and have put about 2500 miles on it, and I am pleased to say that I have had 0 (zero) problems with the car. Nothing nada none!

This is the most trouble-free car that we have ever owned (so far).

What is your take on your Leaf's reliability and quality?

3300 miles, almost three months and no issues whatsoever, except that it needs washing.
The one thing I hate, I have to remember to plug it in otherwise I cant go far in the AM. :lol:

I think those complaints were about improvements or changes people would have preferred.... not about troubles.
Taken as it is LEAF does seem very reliable.

smkettner said:
I think those complaints were about improvements or changes people would have preferred.... not about troubles.
Taken as it is LEAF does seem very reliable.

My car has been awesome for the first month/1250mi. My Carwings is a useless POS; my dealer can't seem to figure out how to fix it. But, I don't intend to extend my subscription when the 3yr freebie runs out anyway. Same thing with XM Radio---don't need it. I have all my favorite music on a USB stick.

Overall, it gets an A from me, after 4900 miles in almost 3 months.

I did have the CarWings fail, and they reset it. XM radio quit, and I got that extended for 6 more months, gratis.

Granted, there are improvements that I'd like to see, but the car, as delivered is grand.

Even after 3,500 miles, I keep expecting to find something they missed or have something break and so far, my appreciation only grows for how well Nissan vetted this car before release! It is extremely well built and well thought out, right down to little nuances of EV ownership you couldn't appreciate until getting some serious miles behind you. This technology is going to cause a revolution in the way people get around once the masses catch on to how much power an electric motor can provide and at roughly a 80% discount over the cost of driving a gas car per mile. Aside from being well built, the car may practically pay for itself over 10-15 years with the money saved by not buying gas.

g

Back