The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this means anything, as there's still no change in my dashboard, but I just now received an email from Nissan suggesting I download the Leaf app and try out the demo.

Have others received this invitation prior to receiving their car?

BnBinSD said:
Not sure if this means anything, as there's still no change in my dashboard, but I just now received an email from Nissan suggesting I download the Leaf app and try out the demo.

Have others received this invitation prior to receiving their car?

The e-mail kind of raised my hopes, too. But, I think it is just another in a long line of teasers from Nissan (or at least it feels that way when you are one of the forgotten).

Just got the same e-mail. Such a tease as I tried to follow thru to activate the Carwings, but no go. Still waiting in the May(be) group.

I'm sticking with my Thursday morning bet on notification time for going from "lost Sept/Oct" to "week of April XX". I was told all along that my order month was September and they finally opened me up at 3PM on the 30th.

gascant said:
I'm sticking with my Thursday morning bet on notification time for going from "lost Sept/Oct" to "week of April XX". I was told all along that my order month was September and they finally opened me up at 3PM on the 30th.

Mine just changed Friday from month of May to week of Apr. 29th. Maybe it had something to do with the comments I wrote in that online Evaluation. :D

leafkabob said:
Beechcliffs: It can't be just you and Tom. I also ordered 4/20 and am watching dozens of later orders (and reservations) getting VINS and delivery dates. I've also seen earlier orders get the same.

None of this makes sense to me.

Nobody ordered in April! The reserverations were in April, and we all reserved then, the orders were in October, November and December and it seems like that's what matters. But I'm not saying there is not skipping goinig on (like TT thinks).

My order date was Sep 1st. My vin is 892 or so. I'm getting my car Week of April 4th.
Am I early? Am I late? It seems like that's about right, but I don't have enough data to be sure.

I think my car was on one of those two boats with 600 cards.

charlie1300 said:
I got the E-mail about the demo app and I'm in the "forgotten 36". Looks like a mass mailing to all 20k reservationists.

It's their newsletter, and yes, all 20k received it and probably everyone on their email list.

Just called the Nissan hotline (877-664-2738) and talked to a very helpful Jesse.

He says that my car will definitely be here in May. When I asked if it had been produced, or was it on a ship, or in port, etc., he promised to called me Sat or Mon.

He also said that I should have my VIN at about 30 days before delivery.

TonyWilliams said:
Just called the Nissan hotline (877-664-2738) and talked to a very helpful Jesse.

He says that my car will definitely be here in May. When I asked if it had been produced, or was it on a ship, or in port, etc., he promised to called me Sat or Mon.

Interesting. I received a call from "Jesse" a couple of days ago and SHE told me almost the exact same stuff. ;)

leafkabob said:
TonyWilliams said:

Interesting. I received a call from "Jesse" a couple of days ago and SHE told me almost the exact same stuff. ;)

Hey..."Jesse" has that line down pat. She probably wrote it down on a crib sheet! ;)

I stopped at my Dealer tonight on the way home from work. They said that I missed my salesman by 10 minutes and that he's the ONLY one that has access to the LEAF database to know when my car would arrive. I tried every tactic with the manager to get him to tell me something and finally he got out the invoice book but, alas, could not find my LEAF. There was a white one just outside the showroom door waiting for its owner to pick up tomorrow morning.

I'm one of you. I had a Sept order month and was not able to order until October 1st. I've been and am still showing Month of April as of today.

ttweed said:
I have still been trying to check in on the forum but must admit that when my dashboard opened, the anxiety and curiosity factors that have driven my obsession and thirst for any information dropped exponentially. I totally understand where all of you who are still waiting for some kind of resolution on this deal feel at the moment.

I wish you all the best result in the process.
TT
It is good that you and others who were passed-over have begun to see delivery dates. However, if Nissan is really in the process of rectifying the queue, shouldn't at least some of those who were put ahead of their place in line be seeing shifts of their status to "Pending" ? My understanding is that the cars promised these folks really belong to someone ahead of them. I have not seen any such change in status from this latter group. Have I missed some reports?

tbleakne said:
It is good that you and others who were passed-over have begun to see delivery dates. However, if Nissan is really in the process of rectifying the queue, shouldn't at least some of those who were put ahead of their place in line be seeing shifts of their status to "Pending" ? My understanding is that the cars promised these folks really belong to someone ahead of them. I have not seen any such change in status from this latter group. Have I missed some reports?
No, you haven't. Mark my words, "fixing" this is going to amount to nothing more than placating the squeakiest wheels, and making sure the "forgotten people" really are the next in line...after everybody who already has a car assigned. They have no intention of pulling cars back from people who already have VINs.

Back