The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daniel said:
buddf said:
As long as no one has ever had a VIN then lost it, I am content that I am attached to a car and I won't be skipped again ;)
I was assigned the VIN ending in 1201. It was on my owner's portal and I was able to register it for carwings. I was told by my dealer that VIN 1201 was in Portland on its way here and would arrive on or about April 22. When it failed to arrive, I phoned in mid-May and was told 1201 was no longer assigned to me and I was given a new VIN and a "month of July, 2011" arrival and I had to register for Carwings all over again. Eventually "month of July" became week of June 6 and then week of June 3, which is this week, but my dealer has heard nothing.

However, if you placed your order in 2011 you probably have nothing to worry about. Those orders are being fulfilled before the remaining 2010 orders.

Edit: I see that you ordered in October. Good luck. You'll need it!

Your bitching is getting insufferable.

opencar said:
no activity on this string recently. any of us forgotten orders actually getting delivery this past week?
I think the answer is "Yes". Last Thursday when out shopping for a fan I noticed the Nissan dealer I used had a bunch of Leafs charging up. I talked to a couple of people there to pick up their cars. If I remember correctly they said they were October orders and their VIN#s were in the low to mid 2000s.

SanDust said:
opencar said:
no activity on this string recently. any of us forgotten orders actually getting delivery this past week?
I think the answer is "Yes". Last Thursday when out shopping for a fan I noticed the Nissan dealer I used had a bunch of Leafs charging up. I talked to a couple of people there to pick up their cars. If I remember correctly they said they were October orders and their VIN#s were in the low to mid 2000s.

great to hear; i think perhaps our spreadsheet is now passed the point where it reflects much of that activity. hope the April 20 reservers will get addressed soon.

It being Wednesday, and still no car, I thought I'd engage Nissan CS in another highly-informative chat.

Recap: My Leaf's been in the port over two months, dashboard still says 4/22, and my previous chats with CS have revealed waiting for options -> still waiting for options -> call to tell me that pollen is being removed -> depollinated, back to waiting for options -> "waiting assignment to dealer".

Today's story: Waiting for options! Yes, it's back to that! Which ones? The same exact list as last time, basically all of them, except the safety kit.

Moreover, "Jesse" tells me he doesn't understand why I was misinformed last time when I was told "waiting assignment to dealer", since that's a nonsense status ("you picked your dealer when you ordered, silly!"). Me, I said I assumed it meant "waiting delivery to dealer" or some such, which he agreed was probably right...er...except it was wrong, and he can't imagine why I was told that.

I do.

They make stuff up!

Sigh.

Today, as I was walking into the building I work in, I looked up and saw a blue Leaf go by on the street out front. DAMN! Also, saw the Leaf my friend got about a month ago (the guy who ordered in January). DOUBLE DAMN!

You haven't gotten an e-mail stating that your car will be here soon? I was a 4/22er and received that e-mail and now my dashboard says week of 5/30. So we'll see. (changed last week)

brad said:
Below is the email I sent to Brian Carolin at Nissan on 5/30/11:
Brad

Brad, that's nicer than the one I sent to him on May 27th, and I received a phone call from the VP of Sales (Brian forwarded my email to Brendan Jones) the next morning. Brendan told me that this delay was totally unacceptable and he was going to have my LEAF delivered here no later than this Saturday. I received another call this morning that it was being shipped here today (not WA) to a local dealer and I would receive the same deal as I had with Greg Leach, except the rate of 4.32% (one-pay lease rate) will now be 4.9%. So even though my DB changed to 'week of June 17th', it will be here today or tomorrow thanks to Brian and Brendan. So for the rest of you with the same problem, my advice is to write to Brian to get it resolved instead of wasting time with CS. Brian's email is: [email protected]. I hope the rest of you can get yours resolved as fast as they did for me. By the way Brad, Brendan Jones is in TN now so he may be able to help you in person.

LEAFfan said:
Brad, that's nicer than the one I sent to him on May 27th, and I received a phone call from the VP of Sales (Brian forwarded my email to Brendan Jones) the next morning. Brendan told me that this delay was totally unacceptable and he was going to have my LEAF delivered here no later than this Saturday. I received another call this morning that it was being shipped here today (not WA) to a local dealer and I would receive the same deal as I had with Greg Leach, including the rate of 4.32%. So even though my DB changed to 'week of June 17th', it will be here today or tomorrow thanks to Brian and Brendan. So for the rest of you with the same problem, my advice is to write to Brian to get it resolved instead of wasting time with CS. Brian's email is: [email protected]. I hope the rest of you can get yours resolved as fast as they did for me. By the way Brad, Brendan Jones is in TN now so he may be able to help you in person.

LEAFfan, thats great that you got a response by emailing Brian. When I emailed him I didn't get a response.. I did get a vehicle within a month of that email, so it might have helped things along, but I'll never really know. I'm glad getting this email address out there has helped at least one person.

~Dave

I doubt the car is just sitting waiting. So if Brian helps one move to the front then the rest would seem to wait longer. JMHO.
And if more time is used to find and process an individual car out of order it could well slow the process overall.

I do hope everyone gets their car soon.

xtremeflyer said:
LEAFfan, thats great that you got a response by emailing Brian. When I emailed him I didn't get a response.. I did get a vehicle within a month of that email, so it might have helped things along, but I'll never really know. I'm glad getting this email address out there has helped at least one person.
~Dave

Thanks Dave for posting Brian's email. I was really surprised at the quick response and what they did for me.

xtremeflyer said:
Your bitching is getting insufferable.
Am I supposed to care? If you don't like my posting about the way Nissan is treating us, don't read my posts! Three times I've been promised a car, and two times Nissan has decided, for reasons of its own, and with no explanation whatsoever, to divert that car elsewhere. I'm still waiting to see if the third car promised will get here or not, and I'll keep bitching until it does. :evil: (And there are a hell of a lot of others on this board who have been treated the same, so I'm bitching for all of them as well as for myself.)

smkettner said:
I doubt the car is just sitting waiting. So if Brian helps one move to the front then the rest would seem to wait longer.
Sorry, but that isn't my problem. Nissan has had my car sitting in the port for over 2 months and Nissan CS has given multiple conflicting answers about why that is so or when the problem will be resolved. According to the supervisor I talked to today, there were about 30 cars out of 200 that still hadn't been cleaned--and that was some time last week. So, if the pollen story is true (I am really beginning to wonder), then 170 people have already had their cars cleaned before mine, and there are at most 29 people ahead of me. Doesn't exactly sound like I was at the front of the line. My goal is to either get my car delivered or get some accurate information. While you doubt that the car is just sitting there, I am not as confident in Nissan. They have not shown even modest ability to keep the order/delivery process straight. I once ordered a recumbent bicycle and had it shipped to my home. When it didn't arrive, the tracking info showed that it had gotten to Ontario airport, but no farther. I called customer service for the shipping company. They put a trace out, and after a couple of days discovered that someone had left the box in a corner somewhere at the airport. The bike arrived a couple of days later, undamaged. Without reliable information, how do I know if my car is sitting in a corner because someone found a problem, then forgot to order a replacement part?

I sent a very polite email to Brian Carolin asking for help in resolving this problem. I would encourage anyone else who has this problem to do the same.

Stoaty said:
My goal is to either get my car delivered or get some accurate information.
This doesn't seem like that much to ask for but that's all it would take on Nissan's part to keep most people content. There has to be someone at Nissan that has this information so it just needs to be relayed down to the customer. I am certainly hoping that Brian or someone else at Nissan USA customer relations is able to do this.

Nissan CS now says my car is at the dealership. But I haven't received a call from Fontana. Who knows... can't trust Nissan CS.

cdub said:
Nissan CS now says my car is at the dealership. But I haven't received a call from Fontana. Who knows... can't trust Nissan CS.
"At the dealer" might mean different things, including being put on a truck going to your dealer. In some ways Nissan may not be able to track the car once it has invoiced the dealer and released it. But obviously there is movement and a high probability that you'll get your car in the next few days. Keep us posted.

Fontana just confirmed that my car is in transit to the dealer and they should be getting it today! Yay! What a long strange trip it's been.

I just had a "conversation" with on-line chat. My car is still at port, scheduled for shipment. "Jacalyn" told me that it will be shipped "as soon as there are enough cars ready" to be shipped to my dealer.

Three weeks ago I was told it was ready to be shipped and would be shipped the following week. My dashboard says week of June 3. Which is this week. And my car is apparently still in Long Beach, and will not leave until they have enough cars to fill a truck to my rather small dealership.

I was stupidly, very stupidly, starting to get my hopes up. I have never in my life dealt with such an irresponsible, incompetent, and dishonorable company.

Back