Steering whl heater - turns on but goes off and wont come bk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

First couple times i used it, it came on and was too warm and i turned it off before it turned off automatically.

This AM it was on the cooler side and left it on and it turned off by itself (most likely hit setpoint) and waited for it to come back on and never did. I reached my destination and turned car off and turn it back on and tried the heater again and this time it came back on till fairly warm and i shut it down.

Has anyone experienced this and had to turn car off (maybe put on park). to reset the Steering wheel heater.

p.s. i know the psgr seatbelt has to be reset with placing the car in park

I have noticed that mine will heat up for about 10 min, then stop heating. But by then I am almost to work. I have seen other posts on here stating to simply push the button to turn off, wait a few seconds, and turn it on again and it will cycle up again. :?

The steering wheel heater on the Leaf is notorious for its wild temperature swing, from "OMG this is getting hot" to "Is this thing even on?" As mentioned above, if your commute is short enough, it may still be waiting to cool down before it turns back on again.

The manual does say that the steering wheel heater won't come on when the wheel is above ~68ºF (20ºC). If the interior of the car has warmed up that might be why it doesn't come back on. The steering wheel heater also comes on when the car is preheated, if the wheel temperature is below about 50ºF. I've frequently seen this while preheating.

Mine works fine and I use it a lot in winter since I rarely use the cabin heater or seat heater (too many layers of clothes for it to be very useful). Yes, the steering wheel heater cycles on and off and that's fine with me. I usually have gloves on in cold weather but even without them it is never too hot.

That's how they are. It has 2 settings. HOT and OFF. You only get "warm" after it has switched from HOT to OFF. It then stays OFF a long, long time. If you're lucky, it will switch back to HOT at some point. After 30 minutes it switches OFF for good. No matter what you wanted. You then have to push the little button again.

Somewhere a Nissan engineer is saying "yeah, what did you expect"?

Or maybe they work for Aston Martin now. :lol:

Back