Specs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathwatch

Hi
So I've made the decision to purchase a new Nissan Leaf after having a long test drive (Tuesday - Saturday 10th April 2016).
The model they gave me was the top of the range one:
65 Plate
30kwh (6.6kwh charging not the 3.3kwh) +£1200
Tekna Trim
Solar Panel for the 12v systems +£300
I plan on having a paint colour change as well when I get mine.

I haven't got a question, just after some general thoughts i.e. is the 6.6 over the 3.3 worth it for day to day use? how good is the 12v solar power system? Trying ti justify that extra £1500...

Only the S (whatever the base model is called in Europe) without quick charge option has the 24 kwh battery and 3.3kw charger. You are looking at the top of the line SL. Unless you really need a leather interior, the mid-trim SV (again, whatever it's called there) is a better buy. The solar panel only charges the accessory battery, and only when parked for hours in direct sun. You can get a stripped version of the SV for not much more than the S, and significantly less than the SL.

Thanks for the quick reply, the main reason we wanted the leather interior is for carrying the soon to be baby, in our family, kids and upholstery don't go well together.

So the solar panel only charges the 12v battery pack when the car is static?

deathwatch said:
So the solar panel only charges the 12v battery pack when the car is static?

Yes, that is right. But, you REALLY want the 6.6 kW charger, believe me. That is actually the only thing I don't like about my 2012 SL, how long you have to stay plugged in to add miles.

How much you will miss the 6.6kw charger depends mainly on how you will be charging. If overnight at home, then not much. If you plan to charge away from home a lot, then you will kick yourself for not getting at least the SV. BTW, I'd suggest an SV and a good set of seat covers.

6.6k charger - yes, definitely worth getting - you will find yourself using it more when you can charge quickly
Solar panel - no, definitely not worth the 300.

I feel that whether leather is worth it really is a matter of personal preference. Personally, I prefer it. But as noted above, others have distinctly different opinions on it.

Thanks for the replies

I've just returned the loan car and signed away my life on the one I wanted

Tekna
Solar
Bose etc

Thanks again

Back