Software Update Letter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I also received this update letter. Had the update done by the dealer this morning, figured it would be good to keep current with software updates and all. I have had 2013 Leaf for 4 months now with no problems.

The car drove home just fine, started up no problem. But just now this evening, went to go to the store and noticed the car was making a strange beeping noise as I walked up to it. The display keeps showing a key icon, saying "I-key system fault". I cannot move the car out of Park, I cannot even get it into Neutral. I cannot lock the doors. I cannot turn off the car, it just "reboots" over and again, even when pushing the power button. I even tried messing with the "manual" FOB power button method (touching the FOB to the start button, foot on brake, press power button, etc...) with no success. I cannot charge the car either. Connecting the cable, there is no charge initiated (EVSE never clicks on to send electricity).

The only instance of something like this happening was here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9833&p=223313&hilit=recall+system+fault#p223313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Car goes into a "safe mode." Car will go into Neutral and I will not be able to shift it into D or R for about 30 minutes. Sometimes while in this mode, car can not be turned off either. Service writer at one Nissan dealership said he had seen this and it can happen the first time(?) after the update, and by powering the car off and leaving the driver door open for a minute, it will reset it (doesn't work every time, especially if the car won't turn off).

Anyone have any ideas or seen anything like this before?

I called the dealership but it's late and Service won't be open until Monday morning. So I called the Nissan EV roadside assistance and someone should be here shortly to tow the car to a holding place until Monday morning when they will delivery it to the dealership. I'll then need to call and explain to them what's going on. Hopefully my battery won't have completely died by then and have a damaged battery because of it.

When tow truck showed up, car was off and completely unresponsive. Would not lock, turn on at all, etc. Only a yellow yield icon on the dash. We'll see what happens...

Back