Socket Doctor - Adaptor Allows Safe Use of "Loose" Outlets

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenBee

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/478095397/socket-doctor-adaptor-allows-safe-use-of-loose-out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure I think this is a good product for someone to use in their home (Just replace the dang receptacle!) but I think it might be handy if one is trying to get some L1 or L2 with Quick220 from some receptacles that aren't up to the job. The built in thermostat makes me think it might even be a little bit safe as if the connection was still too loose or low quality it would heat up and should then turn off. I'm also not sure this should be able to get past UL listing test.

Hmm.. What might even be better is a device that plugs into BOTH sockets (typically there are two in most cases) so the amps are spread between both connections. This could be useful for outdoor sockets that have corroded and been exposed to weather.

But yeah.. if you have a problem like that in your own home, $1.19 and a trip to Home Depot would be the better choice.

You have to be careful with that. I've encountered outlets that had the two sockets on separate feeds. If those two were on separate phases, it would be very exciting when you bridged them!

adric22 said:
Hmm.. What might even be better is a device that plugs into BOTH sockets (typically there are two in most cases) so the amps are spread between both connections. This could be useful for outdoor sockets that have corroded and been exposed to weather.

I could see a limited market for people like landscapers who are constantly at new locations and have to use whatever plug is available. But any resident who's knowledgeable and motivated enough to purchase one of these, is probably sufficiently knowledgeable and motivated to replace a receptacle.

Back