sign white house petition to provide tax credit at purchase

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ILETRIC said:
Hopefully that flexibility will put EVs on fast track.

That includes twisting the arms of all those corporations we slave for to accomodate plugging in at workplaces.

I speak from experience.

The power of One.... bought my Leaf without regards of ability to plug in at work. No problems with roundtrip range of 46 miles in Atlanta. Started inquiring with Green team at work. Surprised they were already signing contracts for 2 blinkers at my location. I assisted with suggestions such as get the extra length plug, get a big sign for electric vehicles only When units were installed, ecotality steered the contract for $$$ per hour of charging. I pointed out that other companies didn't require paying for charge and contract was ammended. Now charging at work is free.

The power of One sob watching out, don't under estimate the squeaky wheel... Your vote makes the squeak more annoying. let's promote this petition and start sending the link to other EV forums, web sites, blogs and let our voice be heard.

linky https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-electric-cars-federal-tax-credit-instant-price-reduction-time-purchase-and-exempt-them-sales/y5KTrrTJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lucky.
Mine is Sutter Health Corp in Ca. They just built spanking new hospital nearby, and when chief engineer broached the subject of at least stubbing the ground with 220's while it was all mud and no sidewalks, they said no. He tried again with the office buildings year leter. They said no again.

Electric cars? Who has ever heard of such a thing... Fer crying out loud.

It's cheaper to rip out the nice sidewalks in about 3 years. So that's what we're dealing with. Big corporations looking 4 inches in front of their noses. Sad but true. I charged at the dock for 3 months until I got outed, kicked out and written up. Paid for the juice though. 60 cents a day. Whoopee! Hospital didn't lose money to theft of resources!

Took me weeks to get over not driving my Leaf. A withdrawal effect. It was amazing. Made me appreaciate the car even more. I volunteer to pick up take the kids to college just to drive it.

mwalsh said:
I would personally prefer the tax credit become a roll-over. Then it would be useful in encouraging folks who don't have that kind of annual tax liability.

I know that my own circumstances would preclude me buying another EV if that was the major/only incentive right now, because I don't expect to have that kind of tax liability again until I'm back to full employment (assuming at some point that actually does happen!)

I second that, I was 1k short on tax liability for the year and ended up having to sell stocks to inflate my income. Granted I did end up getting the income required, I would much prefer having the option to leave my well performing stuff alone.

Prob dont have them mess with the the code, I imagine we'd end up in worse shape after they get done messing with it

Back