Sharpened my pencils and prepared to do BATTLE at work today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
I agree that I see a lot more big fat diesels hauling grocerys than 10,000 pound trailers.

I believe that driving a big ole pick-em-up with them duallys, thet there double chrome smoker stacks, one humping Die-sal and them double fuel tanks fer that long distance running out to the lake for some catfishing is all about penis size.

Its the same with guys who buy a .50 caliber S&W revolver as their "carry piece".

Dave

I owned a 2004 GMC 4x4 Duramax diesel crew cab pickup. Awesome machine. I towed my motorcycle trailer with it, many times with 110 gallons of water. You never knew the trailer was back there, with up to 15,000 towing capacity. I got 27mpg one night driving 50mph, but averaged 18.

I checked my penis today, and it still seems "uncompensated". The last gun I bought was a Ruger 10-22. When a non-oil burner can come close, give me a call.

aqn said:
When people ask me how long it takes to charge my LEAF, I love to tell them that it takes me about five seconds. I love to see the expression on their face! Then I tell them that's exactly how long it takes me to charge the car, not how long the battery takes to get charged. I tell them: "I get out of the car, plug it in: I'm done! I don't sit there and watch it charge!"

Compare that to how long it takes to fuel up one of those "360 hp and 650 ft-lbs of torque" vehicles (methinks that person needs a compensator...): drive to gas station (ten-fifteen minutes), find out gas station does not carry diesel :) , drive to another gas station (ten-fifteen minutes), wait on line for five minutes, take seven to ten minutes to fill up the 200-gallon tank because there is another guy with a "360 hp and 650 ft-lbs of torque" compensator fueling up at the adjacent pump and competing with you for pump pressure, drive to your actual destination (ten-fifteen minutes).
Yodrak said:
Good point.

Not so good point.
- how many people have diesels?
It doesn't take any less time even it's a gasoline car.

Yodrak said:
- how many people who do have diesels don't know which of their local gas stations carry diesel fuel?
Hence the big ole smiley, geddit?
"...find out gas station does not carry diesel :)"
:)

Yodrak said:
I agree that perhaps a diesel owner might have to go out of their way to get to a gas station that carries diesel fuel. For regular gasoline vehicle drivers, there are enough gas stations in most parts of the country that one can stop off at a gas station on most any routine trip without having to go out of their way.
I'm quite willing to bet that none of them spend only five seconds getting to the gas station, (then maybe wait on line, then) fuel up, then leave for their actual destination.

Yes, the battery may take 2-6 hours to charge, but again, I don't have to sit there watching it charge.

TonyWilliams said:
I owned a 2004 GMC 4x4 Duramax diesel crew cab pickup. Awesome machine.
Good luck hauling 400 tons of ore out of a pit mine with that thing. You guys with your electric cars and your wimpy crew cabs. We'll see who comes out on top when I hit you with my truck:

797F.jpg

Oh wait, I forgot, this isn't a yahoo message board!

LTLFTcomposite said:
Good luck hauling 400 tons of ore out of a pit mine with that thing.

Ore? You mean you're not hauling coal which provides ALL of the power for my LEAF? :lol:

I got this Email too. I think response has little if any effect on the sender but I did it anyway.

"There is so much wrong with this I won't even comment except to say only Idiots at Fox would think they pay $1.16/kWh"

Back