share your pictures of leaf with tinted windows?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kieranmullen said:
I would like to see how red looks with tint. Just thought that other people might benefit from seeing their particular color with tint

Wheels1cs.jpg

Wheels4cs.jpg

I've never had car windows tinted before. How much are you generally paying, and is this OK to do on a leased vehicle?

Keep in mind that with turning in a leased car, you might be
required to pay the cost of removing any illegally (too tinted)
applied tinting materials, since it is not clear that a dealer
could legally sell the vehicle that way.

Or, maybe they just ignore it as long as it is in good shape
(not blistered, torn, scratched, etc.)?

kieranmullen said:
I am getting prices around $200 here in Portland using suntek lifetime warranty tints.

Perhaps too much?

That is less than what I am getting here for the same tint. Is that for all windows or just the rear ones?

I think that OR allows a maximum tint of 35%. Your installer should provide you with a certificate of compliance that you can show to a Public Safety Officer, if he questions your tint. I paid $325 for mine, and they did a great job.

20% on the rear hatch and rear windows. 50% on the front windows and down to the bottom of the center hatched line (AS1) on the windshield. On a high quality tint, the amount of UV and heat rejection is actually not that much better from 50% on down...

Back