SF Bay Area - North Bay geocaching

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

I'm looking for a Leaf owner in the North Bay interested in going geocaching for some of the quadrangles in the Bay Area Quadrangle Challenge. I stopped geocaching for over a year, in part because of the excessive driving (and carbon footprint) involved, but now with the Leaf I can not only cache guilt-free but maybe inspire other geocachers to go electric. So I'm trying to prove that this challenge cache can be done all-EV (although I've already done most of it in my ICE car in years past). The only quads I have left to get are all north of the Golden Gate.
BAQC.jpg

I thought it would be fun to arrange to drive north and meet up with a Leafer at some place where I could charge (say San Rafael or even Petaluma) for the day and go in his or her Leaf to pick up some of these quads (the ones not in white), thus doing them all-electric. Of course, I'd be glad to reciprocate and do the driving for that person in the South Bay if he or she wanted to do the quads down here. If you're not a geocacher, but you've always wanted to try it, I'd be glad to bring my old GPS unit and you can have the experience without the need to invest in one.

Back