{Seattle/Puget Sound} DCFC location/status tracking chatter.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisguyfel

These DCFC units have been in the ground for a while now... They are in good locations for maximizing distance drives and wanted to see more discussion around their launch.

I would really like to hear that Fife is online today, for a drive I'm doing this weekend.

I'm curious about this Fife unit going online, as it would come in real handy for a number of drives I do a year... I feel like that lady in the old Mervyn's commercial: "OPEN OPEN OPEN."

Tahoma Market FB Page

I think I would use that Totem Lake / Kirkland Fred Meyer location as well, but not as often.

Cross Post to Blink EVSE sub-forum: here.

I was there last night. Screens showed "Ready". I tried the left one - touched the screen after using card and the screen froze and system rebooted. Went through screen calibration repeatedly. Then I tried the right one - success or so I thought. I entered zip code, I was told to plug in my LEAF which I did then the screen said "Not in Service". I put the connector back in the holster. System eventually rebooted and went back to "Ready".

I called Blink - "Oh, we are waiting for parts." I reported on this unit in another thread and I was told it could take several weeks. From another call to Blink, the parts they overnighted aren't the only parts needed.

Come on Rich - time to push your installers a bit. You told me Jan. 8th that it was expected to be operational the following week, if all goes well. Well it didn't go well and 6 weeks have passed by.

Every time I call in on this machine, I mention that there are lots of people waiting for it because there is nothing between Seattle and South of Olympia. I think they will be surprised how much this unit will be used.

I used the Blink QC at Bellevue Community College (it is near building C beside a greenhouse). Right side was non responsive to touch but the left one worked. I reported that as well.

Please don't cross-post. One thread should be plenty for all of Seattle DCFC discussion. Threads merged.

TAHOMA MARKET - although not officially online - CHARGED ME!

i plugged in at 11:11 PM, Feb 16th and it worked as other Blink DCFC's have for me in other locations.

Bremerton >> Fife >> North Seattle
oh so sweet. :eek: :shock: :p

thisguyfel said:
TAHOMA MARKET - although not officially online - CHARGED ME!

i plugged in at 11:11 PM, Feb 16th and it worked as other Blink DCFC's have for me in other locations.

Bremerton >> Fife >> North Seattle
oh so sweet. :eek: :shock: :p

you got a charge? as in electricity or credit card?

oh never mind, saw the FB post. well its about time!~! hopefully its more up than "blinking!"

Kirkland / Totem Lake Fred Meyer: DCFC online and has successfully delivered charge to a few drivers.

Fred Meyer
12221 120th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034

just make sure you have a plan "B", it's a "Blink", so far they have very low reliability. It appears that the company has done next to no real world testing... until us!

thisguyfel said:
I'm curious about this Fife unit going online, as it would come in real handy for a number of drives I do a year... I feel like that lady in the old Mervyn's commercial: "OPEN OPEN OPEN."

Tahoma Market FB Page

I think I would use that Totem Lake / Kirkland Fred Meyer location as well, but not as often.

Cross Post to Blink EVSE sub-forum: here.

Seems to me that Blink/Ecotality could use the added pressure of a thread for each location... Blink's reliability needs to be put up front and center as much as possible, the future of EV's rests unfortunately too much on whether this company ever gets it's act together! we need to do everything we can to light the fire under their toes or get the money diverted to a new company that can get the job done!

drees said:
Please don't cross-post. One thread should be plenty for all of Seattle DCFC discussion. Threads merged.

talked with Shandy (Blink tech for OR/WA) while charging at Tahoma today. as suspected, there is a moisture problem that is causing screen havoc which is the reason why it will constantly cycle from screen calibration to reboot.

she has advised corporate (just like a company based in Phoenix to put weatherproofing on the back burner...) and they should have a fix shortly.

GaslessInSeattle said:
Seems to me that Blink/Ecotality could use the added pressure of a thread for each location...
If you want to pressure Blink to fix their stations, make sure you report on PlugShare / Recargo every time there's an issue and call Blink up directly.

There are better ways than posting lots of redundant threads here.

Back