Seattle Leaf Owners & future-Owners meet #1 : Feb 5 @1:00PM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sproqitman said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
what is the "flattest" route to cross over from I-5 to 167?
The absolute flattest route would be to take River Road (exit 135) into Puyallup, then cross over the river on Meridian and pick up 167. But the second flattest route would be to take 512 (exit 127) over to 167. 512 has the benefit of that nice long downhill heading into Puyallup, and avoids the stoplights on River Road/Meridian. I'd take 512.

I-5 to 512 is flat, down a hill into puyallup (still freeway) and 167 is probably the best path you can take. there's no up hill any part here.

River road would be a close second because there is a long stretch with only one light, at a speed limit of 45-50, which is more power optimal for the LEAF.

On your way to Auburn, if you are wanting to get some regen power coasting down a hill, take Highway 18 from I5 to Hwy 167

Any benefit would be negated by a considerable climb into federal way out of fife.

Just bringing this back up on the board. Where are we in LEAF counts for the meet up? I think it looked like 5 at least. I also had some takers on the FB event I created for Seattle LEAF owners.

Hey dudes (strangely ... all dudes in fact). We're feeling pretty abandoned by you all over in the "Leafless in Seattle" thread. Honor our pain. ;)

Ok, my plan. since we plan to meet at 1 pm, its about 56 miles up there. so i will leave Oly around 10:30 which should get me to Younkers around 11:30 or so. i will be plugged in there, drinking their coffee and umm. well probably browsing this site.

if anyone who does not have a Leaf wants to come check it out, you are more than welcome to stop by. now keep in mind, i will need the boost to make it home so cant move the car, but you can browse the controls and such if you want. post here or PM me

Perhaps use the "Ride my LEAF" program, and "carpool" from meeting places near (or at) the LEAF-owner's homes. Owners willing, of course.

Riders can contribute, perhaps half the cost of the gas they save by not driving all the way?

Owners willing to "Offer a Ride" can post here and request a PM to link-up. Then, edit your post when your LEAF is "full enough".

I'll meet Dave at Younker and bring him over and I have one other person carpooling with me. I needed to go to Younker anyway to pick up my license plates.

I also contacted Liberty Cafe and let them know we are coming. They are excited to host us and the owner is quite aware of the LEAF.

Patrick

I'll be at the meetup. It's pretty much a straight downhill shot from my house to Renton, so I should have plenty of capacity if anyone wants to play with the controls and/or take a spin around the block.

sproqitman said:
I'll be at the meetup. It's pretty much a straight downhill shot from my house to Renton, so I should have plenty of capacity if anyone wants to play with the controls and/or take a spin around the block.

oh that be a bummer. no regen. i charge to 100% most mornings and i notice that i dont regen for the first few miles. then i get a little regen for the next few miles. its usually not until i have 4-5 miles on the tank before the "normal" level of regen begins to happen

DaveinOlyWA said:
ok. my plan. leave early. go to Younkers Nissan and plug in for about an hour. then head to the Cafe. will be coming up I-5.

what is the "flattest" route to cross over from I-5 to 167?

i am tempted to just try to hypermile and make it, but that would be just about a 100 mile RT and dont really want to chance it since i probably wont have had enough experience by then to know its range or my driving acuity? stinginess? performance?

alternatively, i could stop at Rairdons and charge up a bit. not sure how Younkers would react since i did not get the car there and Rairdons is just 10 miles farther down 167 so that would be right on the way.
Dave, Hwy 18 from I5 to 167 is almost all downhill.

I'm sad to miss this meet up, but I hope to make them in the future. Particularly if they're in SKC. Liberty Cafe is only about 20 minutes from my house.

Tdog is joining us as well with his LEAF. That brings it up to 4 LEAF's.

What was it that Arlo Guthrie said is going on when 4 people sing a chorus of Alice's Restaurant.. a Movement.. I think we have a Movement...

Okay Bud, it looks like I will have to take you or you'll just keep asking. I'll save room for you, your wife, and your shirt.

evnow also wants a ride, so that makes for a full car. Send me a message and we'll pick a place to meet!

TDog said:
Okay Bud, it looks like I will have to take you or you'll just keep asking. I'll save room for you, your wife, and your shirt.

evnow also wants a ride, so that makes for a full car. Send me a message and we'll pick a place to meet!

TDog, Thanks!

I learned the art of badger until you get what you want from my kids! However, it looks like it will be just me and my shirt. Ms. Bud has chosen to stay home with the Golden over going to Renton with me.

My co-worker and I are planning to come, and she's bringing her Leaf. She's even picking me up to carpool, even though I still haven't forgiven her for getting hers before I get mine.

So I think that will be 5 Leafs at least, now.

Should be a good meet-up!

(p.s. I vote NO press)

This is what I gathered ... anyone else ?

SeattleBlueLeaf 1 1
evnow 1 0
DaveinOlyWA 1 1
sproqitman 1 1
blorg+co-worker 2 1
Bud 1 0
TDog 1 1
UhClem 1 0

That makes it 9 people & 5 Leafs.

Back