Seat Extender Brackets?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Griffin. To clarify, the problem arose when I replaced my original brackets with the new reinforced brackets, which are wider. The original ones cleared just fine, but eventually broke. The new brackets are substantially stronger, but like I said, there was no way they would clear the Nav and JBL units. The YouTube channel appears to only have the old bracket on the 04 Prius, and the new bracket on the 2010 Nav unit.

Also, Griffin, while I have your ear, perhaps the bracket could be further reinforced by welding in and enclosing the gap where the front of the seat mounts? I would certainly prefer to see it built as such.

Anyway, the product is excellent, and I highly recommend the seat bracket to any Leaf owners wanting additional legroom.

Thanks,

Nate

I am glad to see that everyone seems to be getting what they need. My home made ones (posted at beginning of this thread) are still working great for me.
But I would like to find a way to move the steering wheel back an inch or two as well. Does anyone have any ideas on that one?

Andrew

I bought my Leaf last Monday and installed the seat extenders today - what a difference in comfort! I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam.

As Andrew said, we need some way to move the steering wheel back a few inches. I would also like more lumbar support but that shouldn't be too hard to do on my own.

soareyes said:
I bought my Leaf last Monday and installed the seat extenders today - what a difference in comfort! I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam.

As Andrew said, we need some way to move the steering wheel back a few inches. I would also like more lumbar support but that shouldn't be too hard to do on my own.

I found it pretty easy to find a stiff lumbar support intended to fit on the face of the seat and, after stripping off the padding it came with, slide it between the springs and the foam of the seat back, completely changing the shape of the seat for the better. I would not be able to drive the car comfortably without it. Let me know if you want more info.

Andrew

Andrew, that is basically what I planned to do. I checked the thread detailing how to add seat heaters to see how to get into the upholstery and it looks like something I can do. The question I have is - my car has factory seat heaters, and will adding lumbar foam cause a problem there? I guess I'll know when I open up the seat.
Thanks,

What are people doing about the rear floor mat? Laying it over the top of the extenders just doesn't work. For now I have turned the mat sideways and slid it between the extenders. Has anyone installed the extenders over the rear floor mat? Any potential problems with doing that (other than not being able to pull the mat out)?

Back