Seat covers that don't suck?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are about $60 and are in the auto section in Costco. They will fit over the headrest but kinda look like a bag that way. I fitted them without the headrest on and then put two small holes and installed the headrest over the top of the sheepskins. They fit great like this and are warm and comfy.

Item number 585977
Model number 1-SAB-A

garygid said:
What brand, model, and Costco number?
How much did they cost, if you don't mind?
They look nice, and warmth-conserving too.
Thanks

Anyone else have recommendations? My leased '13 Leaf SV has the light interior as I dislike black interiors. It simply looks a lot worse, to me.

I'm looking mainly for cheap seat covers that don't look too tacky.

downeykp said:
I bought Coverking neoprene seat covers through Costco on sale for $159. They work pretty well.
Hmm, that's way more than I want to spend. I found http://www.courtesyparts.com/terry-cloth-seat-protector-with-nissan-logo-gray-p-648857.html?cPath=10282_10401&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but shipping ends up being kinda pricey. I'm usually the only one in the car so getting a single cover is probably enough.

I'm heading over to costco here and see if they have these, thanks for posting. Our Leased Leaf is getting worked by kids and a dog... that $60 is good insurance from getting dinged on the Lease when it comes time to hand it back!

anyone tried this? expires today

http://www.costco.com/Coverking-Custom-Fit-Seat-Covers-3-Different-Materials-To-Choose-From.product.11618905.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes I have these. They are really nice for the price.

gotkwah said:
anyone tried this? expires today

http://www.costco.com/Coverking-Custom-Fit-Seat-Covers-3-Different-Materials-To-Choose-From.product.11618905.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herm said:
Has anyone actually seen Leaf fabric take a permanent stain?.. its made from recycled PET plastic, a extremely stain resistant material. Just give your kid some red Kool-aid and see what happens.

kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

Dyeing fabrics with Kool-aid is popular:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/FEATdyedwool.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how much are they? i dont have an online acct and dont want to make one just to find out the price...

gtcovers.com are quality seat covers available in multiple fabrics/colors. They are not cheap, but I've bought them for my Prius back in 04 and recently for my 2013 Leaf and they well made and should last the life of the car. I bought the microfiber fabric for the Leaf back in May and installed them myself.

Yes they can. That's why its important to look for seat covers that are airbag compliant. Many seat covers will say something like, "Smart Seam" or something along the lines of "Tearable seams". For many its a selling feature and is displayed on the face (or back) of the package.

MartinChico said:
I ordered a set of Coverking "1st Row Poly Cotton Custom Gray Seat Covers" (part no. CSC1P3NS9397) for the front seats (from CarID.com):

http://www.carid.com/2014-nissan-leaf-seat-covers/coverking-seat-covers-28960642.html

I should have them in about a week, so I'll let you know how they work in the next few weeks.

02/11/2015 UPDATE:

These seat covers arrived today--about a month after I ordered them--but the quality is really unacceptable, especially at $159.99 for the pair. (I am returning them.)

The covers are very wrinkled and have a bit of cardboard dust from the box. (The covers appeared to be stuffed into the box, and there was no internal packaging such as a plastic bag.) The holes are rough, not exactly round, and fraying at the edges.

Additionally, all the packing paperwork indicates that these are for a 2011-2012 LEAF--the order documents clearly indicate 2015 LEAF--so I wonder if they're even the correct covers.

I would NOT recommend these; they do not fit the criteria of "not suck".

MartinChico said:
MartinChico said:
I ordered a set of Coverking "1st Row Poly Cotton Custom Gray Seat Covers" (part no. CSC1P3NS9397) for the front seats (from CarID.com):

http://www.carid.com/2014-nissan-leaf-seat-covers/coverking-seat-covers-28960642.html

I should have them in about a week, so I'll let you know how they work in the next few weeks.

02/11/2015 UPDATE:

These seat covers arrived today--about a month after I ordered them--but the quality is really unacceptable, especially at $159.99 for the pair. (I am returning them.)

The covers are very wrinkled and have a bit of cardboard dust from the box. (The covers appeared to be stuffed into the box, and there was no internal packaging such as a plastic bag.) The holes are rough, not exactly round, and fraying at the edges.

Additionally, all the packing paperwork indicates that these are for a 2011-2012 LEAF--the order documents clearly indicate 2015 LEAF--so I wonder if they're even the correct covers.

I would NOT recommend these; they do not fit the criteria of "not suck".

I ordered these same seat covers a couple months ago from CoverKing, and they really aren't that bad. They are holding up pretty good for me so far. It's been 2-3 months now. They look a little rough at first but once you get them on and fully adjusted, they are ok looking. The holes are covered and unseen once you put the headrest on. After you tuck all extra material in, tighten the straps, the whole thing looks a lot better. They are made from a heavy-duty denim-like material (cotton I believe) and are fully machine washable.

I don't know if you know, but you have to reach under the seat and unhook a little "S hook" elastic strap. This strap holds a fabric flap tight on the bottom of the backside of the seat. It you don't let lose this flap, you can't get the buckles through the middle of the seat.

I too was expecting higher quality seat covers for the money you spend on these, once I got them on I decided on keeping them. I searched all over the internet and physical stores but came to the conclusion that these are the highest quality you can get without spending a lot.

CoverKing does makes higher quality seat covers but you'll pay more. These are the lowest price ones they have. Mine do still have some wrinkles but they still look better overall then the cheap ones sold at Kmart or auto stores (that ripped on me when I put them on).

I'm personally not rich, so I don't have $300-$400 or more to spend on Seat Covers. I didn't really want seat covers in the first place, but I don't want to pay when I turn my car in.

Back