Santa Monica Nissan couldn't be better!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malfield

Picked up my car at noon April 2.
Ran through all the paperwork and paid by personal check within one hour.
Although I have owned both EV1's and the RAV4EV, Paul Scott, the SM NIssan sales rep spent an hour and a half briefing me on all the buttons, displays, bells and whistles, and there are a bunch of them. It was 3 hours of undisturbed personalized attention. Everyone at SM Nissan was pleasant and helpful. I only have 180 miles on it so far, but the Leaf is superb. Makes my 9 year old RAV4EV feel like an old pick-up truck with a broken suspension.

I too had a terrific experience with Paul at Santa Monica Nissan. I was in touch with him long before my Leaf arrived and he took great care of me when I went in to pick it up on March 30. Everything went smoothly and efficiently at SM Nissan and I drove home in my new Leaf about 2 hours after I arrived. I've got about 300 miles on it so far and it's been just wonderful driving it. I was a Leaf "cheerleader" even before I got the car and now that I have it I'm an even more enthusiastic cheerleader! I've been talking up the car, giving people test drives and passing out Paul's card to potential Leaf buyers. I LOVE THIS CAR!

These reports are good to read in light of the "bashing" of SM Nissan in other threads. I am awaiting delivery from Santa Monica Nissan, now scheduled for May 23. I was getting a little leery, although I have done business with SM Nissan for many years. Thanks for the info.

Two brand new members to the forum as well, welcome and congrats on your first posts.

So the RAQ was the transaction price with no add-ons or high pressure sales of accessories?

Glad to hear the great reports and congrats on the new wheels :D

Congrats on the new cars. I also had a good experience with Paul as I have said before. Having someone who understands the cars and issues is a plus for me. Having an advocate on the inside will hopefully help us address the issues we all have. I know he shares our desire for a real SOC display and will hopefully push hard on that and other complaints.

I need to go back for first service soon (I also need to get front plates mounted since I never did that) and will report how that goes.

Just out of curiosity, what first service since nothing is really required for the first 12 months.

EVNation said:
I need to go back for first service soon (I also need to get front plates mounted since I never did that) and will report how that goes.

My mistake. I got a "service coming up" email that said 3,750 miles or such. I misremembered that was the first tire rotation for some reason. Getting old. Looked in service manual and it says 7500. So must just be standard car service center drum up biz bulk email.

But 6 mon or 7500 miles is listed as tire rotation. That will be a while still. :) But I may still go in to get the plates put on cause mine wasn't drilled and I don't want to DIY that really. I did the mud guards and that went well but my wife is picky about getting the plates on straight and my head isn't.

I did get a laugh when we went over service for the car at SM with Paul. It was rotate tires, check fluids, rotate tires, check fluids, etc.. So minimal it was funny.

mogur said:
Just out of curiosity, what first service since nothing is really required for the first 12 months.

EVNation said:

I wish to add to the mounting praise for Paul Scott and the rest of the team at Santa Monica Nissan. We took delivery of Leaf #968 yesterday in both a smooth and fun transaction. Paul has had such a long-running passion for EVs in general and now for this vehicle in particular that dealing with him is a joy.

Also a shout out to Mitch Freeman, who is the SM Nissan General Sales Manager, a strong Leaf proponent who spent considerable time with us (not because he had to, but because he clearly wanted to join in the fun and excitement of a Leaf delivery). My son arrived to join us, driving a Mini-E... and we had the Leaf and the Mini-E side-by-side on the dealer's front lot, which drew a fair bit of attention and smiles.

Sure, the car arrives after a nearly year-long wait with frustrations aplenty. We can rightfully ding Nissan corporate for inadequate communications. Yet, the firm does deserve a lot of credit for taking on the risk and the challenge of creating this car. In the process, I am certain this automaker learned a lot about the rollout experience.

Now with the car in our driveway... the shining light at the end of the tunnel is sweet indeed.

So hats off to both Santa Monica Nissan and the Nissan corporate. My wish to all of you (especially those who ordered in the fourth quarter of 2010) that your car arrives swiftly and that you have as good a delivery transaction as ours.

BobTarlau said:
...Also a shootout to Mitch Freeman, who is the SM Nissan General Sales Manager.
Duck, Mitch, they're coming with guns a'blazing!!

Seriously though, it's nice to see SM Nissan and Paul getting some kudos.

Santa Monica Nissan Service Dept: plug the Leafs back in when yer done with them! The update on my car this morning drained three bars and it didn't seem to get plugged in at all while it was there. You got EVSEs, use em! Otherwise, thanks for the car wash. :)

Odd, I wonder what they were doing that would drain that much power...

malloryk said:
Santa Monica Nissan Service Dept: plug the Leafs back in when yer done with them! The update on my car this morning drained three bars and it didn't seem to get plugged in at all while it was there. You got EVSEs, use em! Otherwise, thanks for the car wash. :)

mogur said:
Odd, I wonder what they were doing that would drain that much power...

malloryk said:

Not sure.. they didn't drive it anywhere, odometer was the same. But I guess since this was the first one they did, they're not used to servicing Leafs yet. fyi to everyone to mention to the service dept to plug the cars in. I didn't think of it when I left my car with them this morning but I will in the future (I did leave a message with the guy I dealt with).

Unless the customer specifically requests otherwise (and the Service Advisor should ask when you arrive) all LEAFs in the service department should be plugged in at all times while possible during "idle time" to 80% (except this might mess up a customer's Timer settings). Customer should be able to specify charging level other than 80%, and LEAFs undergoing PDI would get priority. (But most dealers probably have enough charging docks that conflict will be rare.) (Distance from home-to-dealership should also raise a particular LEAF-in-Service's priority on nozzle.)

I will make a point of requesting a plug in from Weseloh Nissan tomorrow morning during my service. I have a feeling #202 may be the very first LEAF they have seen. I plan to pace around in the waiting room during the brain surgery.

Mallory, sorry you didn't get a charge. I just saw this and will make sure Donald gets the word. He's our LEAF tech and is very good. It should be a policy that we inquire as to your needs for charging and then do it. Absolutely.

Paul,

I sent an email to the GM at S.M. Nissan based on the below but never got any response. Is there any official position on after hours charging along the lines of what I experienced a while back?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3157&hilit=+santa+monica

PaulScott said:
Mallory, sorry you didn't get a charge. I just saw this and will make sure Donald gets the word. He's our LEAF tech and is very good. It should be a policy that we inquire as to your needs for charging and then do it. Absolutely.

mogur said:
Paul,

I sent an email to the GM at S.M. Nissan based on the below but never got any response. Is there any official position on after hours charging along the lines of what I experienced a while back?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3157&hilit=+santa+monica

I don't know what happened with your first charge here, but we have had problems with homeless people in the neighborhood. Strange that they would unplug and wrap the cord.

When the business is open, they prefer to have people come and let us know when you are charging in case we need to access the chargers for our own cars. When we get a truck load of them in, they need to be charged up for delivery, and we need all the chargers since it takes so long. Otherwise, if the lot is open at night, and the charger available, you should be able to get a charge. If it's not working, there could be a tripped breaker. I'll keep an eye on that.

:D i just got my leaf yeaterday and it does make it worth the wait just like they said it would. paul has done alot of hand holding for me over the last year but he has remained cheerful and positive. gave a great orientation.

Back