San Juan Capistrano Nissan Dealer, stay away

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptititoi

Each time I need to charge my Leaf, the people at Nissan San Juan always give me hard time. Like did you buy the car here, or well we have a lot of cars to charge today...
Yesterday I asked them if I could charge my car, and they told me yes after giving the regular hard time, when I came back 4 hours later, my car was unplugged...
They actually let my car charging for an hour and unplug it to charge another car. I had barely enough juice to get back home...
The worse thing is that they have TWO chargers and when I stopped by to pick up my car the other charger was available wtf.
The only time these guys were nice with me is when I wanted to buy a Leaf.
Lucky I did not buy it from them.....
If you're in the area and have to charge your car I would recommend to stop at Nissan Irvine or Ocean Side Nissan, really nice people at these 2 locations.

Well....I stopped by there (yes, it was two years ago) to pick up a couple hours of L2 charge while on my way from
SAN to Anaheim. They were very courteous to me, even offered me a cup of coffee. Maybe things have changed? :shock:

derkraut said:
Well....I stopped by there (yes, it was two years ago) to pick up a couple hours of L2 charge while on my way from
SAN to Anaheim. They were very courteous to me, even offered me a cup of coffee. Maybe things have changed? :shock:

Same here (about two years ago). They seemed nice enough at the time, and went out of their way to give my daughter a balloon.

The OP's too lazy to even mention the dealership by name (Weseloh), or document the experience in Plugshare (which has no recent negative comments and plenty of positives, btw).

I'd rather we get another opinion before another dealership gets vilified.

I never had a problem with SJC Nissan.. As a matter of fact, they are open 24/7 for charging and when we came back from Tony's party, that was our 1st late night stop while everyone else was QC'ing across at the hotel.

If anything, Tustin Nissan were the A'holes because they told me earlier in the day they would leave 1 charger open for me....

All spots were blocked with NEW Leafs and I could not charge..

Tustin Toyota across the street has a higher power J1772 for the Rav4's anyways and they are 24/7!!! (higher voltage too!!)

So there!

P.S. If you're L2 charging at Oceanside... LOLOLOLOL that's the worst voltage I've ever recorded!! 197v from a Jplug..

Good luck there... from the unit in the back! :?

So if a dealer needs to charge a car they are selling or wants to use their equipment as they chose they are jerks. Perhaps they needed to charge a car and then the car left and someone forgot to plug you back in? Not that they are obligated to monitor your car on their property. When it comes to charging at dealers people need to stop bitching and be glad they can at all. I can't stand most car dealers but If I owned one there is a large contingency of LEAF drivers I would never want to see on my lot. It's a business and they own it, time and many dealers are going to resent many LEAF drivers that don't respect their business and choices and it will lead to less and less access. Some how there is a group of LEAF drivers that think they are entitled to tie up dealer resources and get special charging treatment. The majority of "" holes are not dealers when it comes to charging they are entitled EV drivers, I see them all the time and it's really unfortunate. There are plenty of other reasons not to like car dealers.

Apparently, this dealer was recently sold to a new owner, so there may be different marching orders.

But, leaving a LEAF at a dealer for four hours is a long time, and it sounds like the OP goes there a lot. In other words, the problem may not be the dealer.

Why would the OP need to go there if he lives relatively close by?

Why are people using dealers to charge other than in an emergency situation? If you need a dealer to charge then you likely are not a candidate for an EV. Unless a dealer promised you a personal charge spot in writing with full access of course.

EVDRIVER said:
So if a dealer needs to charge a car they are selling or wants to use their equipment as they chose they are jerks.
To quote you..

Mossy Nissan in Oceanside as do MANY OTHER dealers have special other AV units in the back that are for this sole purpose.. to charge, prep and test dealer vehicles...

The units that NISSAN chose to put out front for the SOLE purpose to promote, brand and sell the Leaf are now usually the round spaceship dual AV units and they always tell you "COME ON BY ANYTIME FOR A CHARGE"

Problem is.. there are only 2 spots are they like to block them..

Some dealers are cool and will tell me to go behind to the garage and charge! Some even have 240v 14-50 outlets and NEMA plugs for welders!!

Dealers really don't have much motivation to promote EV's. Anyone depending on a dealer-sponsored charge is setting themselves up for disappointment.
If Nissan really wanted to promote Nissan-sponsored charging, they would go without dealers.
OP should be using the QC next door.. he still made it home after being unplugged 3 hours early.. To me, sounds like he was just trying to get free electrons.

JasonA said:
EVDRIVER said:
So if a dealer needs to charge a car they are selling or wants to use their equipment as they chose they are jerks.
To quote you..

Mossy Nissan in Oceanside as do MANY OTHER dealers have special other AV units in the back that are for this sole purpose.. to charge, prep and test dealer vehicles...

The units that NISSAN chose to put out front for the SOLE purpose to promote, brand and sell the Leaf are now usually the round spaceship dual AV units and they always tell you "COME ON BY ANYTIME FOR A CHARGE"

Problem is.. there are only 2 spots are they like to block them..

Some dealers are cool and will tell me to go behind to the garage and charge! Some even have 240v 14-50 outlets and NEMA plugs for welders!!

Yes this is all true and It's their equipment and they can tell you to go away anytime. If someone invites you to a party at their home on the telephone and tells you to come in as the front door is open does not entitle you to come back anytime you want and walk in? When it comes to EV charging quite a bit of common sense is thrown out in place of assumption, entitlement and down right rudeness. Car dealerships are private business and private property, the fact they offer any charging is amazing and likely short lived because of freeloaders and rude EV drivers. I particularly like the EV drivers that think plugging into an outlet in a parking lot is not stealing electricity. I suppose one can rationalize anything to their advantage. The few rude EV drivers are going to mess it up for everyone else, these are the folks that eat the free doughnuts at the dealership and then complain that they are stale or they don't have the ones they like! :roll:

Back