Sac area gathering #2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to be there by 9.30 as well and hopefully spend sometime with you guys, depending on how hectic my call is. Looking forward to see you all.

I'll likely be there with husband & baby.

Edit/update: still trying to make it, but might be later. Stuck at an appt in Stockton, so we'll see.

I had a great time meeting all of you and checking out your cars! Maybe at the next gathering we will have our Cayenne Red Leaf. :cool:
See ya next time...

VIN 1265
Cayenne Red SL
Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. June 2011??

I think we did a lot of good out there today. Lots of interested people asking lots of questions. Although we didn't get a lot of time to talk to each other. :lol:

I was especially pleased to see so many CHILDREN that were interested. My favorite quotes:
These cars are good for the environment, they're electric.
Daddy, why don't WE have an electric car?
I can't believe all of these cars are electric!

I'm wishing I'd thought to put sunscreen on though - I got burned pretty bad out there.

GeekEV said:
I think we did a lot of good out there today. Lots of interested people asking lots of questions. Although we didn't get a lot of time to talk to each other. :lol:
Yup ... this one was done for the community ... to "spread the word" ... to accelerate adoption of EVs.

Album (BTW, those photos were taken before the event really got going, and are a poor reflection of the crowd of people and attention these vehicles received during the 6 hours we were there.)

We had cardw charge on a solar trailer :p ... Lodi is a long way from Roseville :)

And credit for a successful event and a THANK YOU is also in order to the GSEAA (Greater Sacramento area Electric Auto Association)

GeekEV said:
I think we did a lot of good out there today. Lots of interested people asking lots of questions.

It was great. Unfortunately, I could only spend about 3 hours.
Lot of enthusiastic visitors. Tim and I were standing behind GeekEV, when the kids made those remarks. It was really encouraging.
I think we did a much better job at promoting EVs than Nissan's PR department. We were able to provide real-life and "first hand" users' perspective.

Leafer and Harv , et al,

First GREAT pictures; I only got a couple and mine are not as well setup as yours.

And further, I agree totally that we, those of us with these new technology cars already, need to make it a mission to "preach the gospel."

It was amazing to me how few attendees were familiar with our cars even in broad terms....I think "person to person" exposure will do more than any adverts to promote these options, so maybe we should consider for our next gathering somewhere with similar "high traffic and exposure" to the "as yet unwashed?"

Maybe a Costco or REI parking area or one of the major malls? And plan on spending 3-4 hours (at least and with sunscreen) to do "show and tell."

Clearly in this setting on Saturday, we didn't get to personally socialize with one another as much as I would have liked, but "getting the word out" is probably much more important, so any suggestion for next time and place?

I agree that we had a great event. I must have talked almost continuously to people from when I got there to when I left.

I did go to Future Nissan and top off while I went to get something to eat afterwards. I drove up and one of the sales associates plugged my car in and offered to wash the windows. :)

They had a couple of new sales people there and I must have talked with them for an hour. I gave a short test drive and went on home.

I drove 55 miles there from Lodi and I think it was Jesse from http://clubrescue.org/Jesse_DelBono.html who brought the solar array that charged my car. I was down to 4 of 12 bars on the iPhone app and charging brought it up to 8. I added 3 more at the dealer and drove home with plenty to spare.

It was great to see all of you and thanks to everyone who offered to let me charge at their house and for making arrangements for me to charge up during the day.

Richard

I'm glad Future Nissan treated you well. Unlike some of the dealers we've been reading about... :D

Where'd you wind up going to eat?

GeekEV said:
I'm glad Future Nissan treated you well. Unlike some of the dealers we've been reading about... :D

Where'd you wind up going to eat?

There was a selection of Taco Bell and Wendys. I noticed a bistro after I had already ate at Taco Bell. Oh well it was cheap.

It was a great adventure. I'm getting more comfortable with the LEAF's limitations and how to work with them. I think if the dealers would have quick charge stations getting around the whole bay area would be no problem. From Lodi I can get to a lot of places. It's just getting back the presents a challenge unless you are going to stay overnight or aren't going to drive around much once you get there.

Hopefully the next generation battery will give us something over 200 miles range.

Richard

Back