Sac area gathering #2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A) Yes, I can do 4/16 (I'm scheduled to receive my Leaf on "Week of April 6")
B) Yes, I want to do it at the festival
C) OK to eat food there

Thanks!
Jim M

A) Can you do 4/16? Yes.
B) Do you want to do it at the festival? Sure; it helps advocacy.
C) There will be food there, are you ok with that ... Yes.
D) If you can't do the 16th, what weekend would work better? Any.
E) If you can't do Roseville, where can you do? Anywhere in GreaterSac Area.

GeekEV said:
Harv said:
I would have loved to come on 4/16/11 and brought my LEAF as well as upgraded Nissan EVSE but I am on call during that weekend.
Do you usually get called in? Can you come hang out until you do? It's not far...

I may be able to spend an hour or two. Usually I end up spending 6-8 hours on the weekend call day. But the hospital is quite close and even if I have to rush, it won't be a problem.

I just remembered this-Kaiser South Sacramento is celebrating "Earth day" on 4/22/11. Tim Hastrup had received an email from them. He forwarded that to me. I am trying to get in touch with the person responsible at South Sac Kaiser regarding that event. We can discuss about that event as well if more of us would be interested in attending that. As I understand, they are trying to get Plug-in Prius and some other EVs as well.

Great! It sounds like we've got several confirmed, so let's roll with that plan. The festival is being held at Mahany Park in Roseville (http://www.roseville.ca.us/parks/parks_n_facilities/parks_in_roseville/mahany_regional_park.asp). Is a bit further from the dealership than I thought, but still only 6 miles. My house is about 2 more past that. If you want to include your cars in the festival display proper (not sure how many they have room for), please show up at 9:30. Otherwise the festival is open from 10 - 4 so you can show up and hang out any time. Just a reminder, I wouldn't count on the food places taking credit, so bring some cash. I believe parking and the event itself are free.

See you all there!

Oops, I guess I missed the initial posting! The Asparagus Festival is that weekend in Stockton, but I guess I can go to that on Sunday the 17th, and meet up with you guys on Saturday the 16th. If it starts at 10am, I might even be able to get my husband to come before he heads to work in Old Sac.

So, to confirm, it's April 16th, starts at 10am at Mahany Park in Roseville? Does anyone know whereabouts the group might be since it's a 225-acre park?

Cindi

Can't make the 16th. Sorry to miss it, but I'm sure there will be future gatherings. Possibly I'll actually have a car by then. The earthquake has relegated me to the forlorn pending. Frustrating as I can't even blame Nissan for the delay. I do, however, blame them for the total absence of communication.

Have a great time

cinmar said:
So, to confirm, it's April 16th, starts at 10am at Mahany Park in Roseville? Does anyone know whereabouts the group might be since it's a 225-acre park?
I'm told it will be in the Roseville Utility Exploration Center at the park, and that we (perhaps unsurprisingly) will be in the parking lot.

Hello,
sorry for the short notice, next Saturday (4/9/2011) at 2 pm Davis / Yolo ev meeting with at least one Nissan Leaf. Our normal location at "Konditorei", 2710 East 5th Street, Davis CA 95616. EVs can park at the Police Station next door.
Hope it doesn't rain anymore.

GeekEV said:
I'm told it will be in the Roseville Utility Exploration Center at the park, and that we (perhaps unsurprisingly) will be in the parking lot.
FYI, I'm told there's no 240v outlet there (bummer), but plenty of 120v. Those of you coming from farther away may have to make due with that, or hit up Future Nissan before heading home. The event coordinator did say they'd have a truck mounted portable solar unit at the event which MAY be able to provide 240v, he wasn't sure. How cool would that be?

There is at least on EVSE at John L Sullivan Chevrolet in the Automall. Not sure how they would feel about someone in a LEAF using it as it's right next to the showroom floor. I haven't noticed any behind the place.

Future Nissan is also in the auto mall and has two chargers out front, both of which I'm told are accessible after hours. One is in the customer parking area and the other is nearby on their vehicle delivery pad. FYI, the auto mall is about 6 miles from the park. And if need be, my house is about two miles from there. :D

OK, I am planning on making this gathering after missing #1, but I have a question....

For the service to the curious, should I perhaps come in our Chevy Volt or do we need another Leaf "on display?"

2011 Chevy Volt, Crystal red, rear camera and neutral leather interior
or
2011 Nissan Leaf, Glacier Pearl SL

Home has 5.5 kwh of Sunpower solar panels, solar hot water heater and all low water, drip system planting here in W. Sacramento

Good question. Personally I'd like to promote the LEAF more. :)

BUT, there's already supposed to be about four of us, so a Volt might not hurt. :lol:

I was gonna get my Leaf on the Week of April 12, but has been pushed out to Week of April 21.
So I won't have my Leaf for this gathering. :(

I'm going anyway - I hope to bum a demo ride from someone. :)

I plan to be there with my Red LEAF at 9:30 and I believe 120v over the 4 hours should be enough to get me back home to Lodi.

It's 55 miles from my house in Lodi.

I will also bring some "give aways" courtesy of Nissan.

Richard

Back