Sac area gathering #2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visual

Since we had such a great time last time, its time to plan our second outing. Does everyone want a repeat (meet at EG Nissan, plug in as needed, carpool over to BJs) or would that be too predictable/boring? Saturday again? In April?

I know a couple more people have their cars now, and have joined the rest of us smugly driving by gas stations... :lol:

BJs worked out pretty well ... except that it's a little noisy and a long table is less than ideal. I am not sure how to easily fix the latter (round tables, but more than 10 causes the same issue), but the former: meet somewhere else or at a less busy time at BJs. The BJs menu options were quite nice.

I can not make it on 3/26 (but that's kind of short notice anyways).

I'd like to attend: I'm scheduled to get my Leaf on April 6th.
Nissan of EG is about 32 miles from my house in El Dorado Hills via Grantline.

Jim M

Sure, I'll do it again, despite being anti-social. :lol:

My dealer, Future Nissan in Roseville offered to try and set something up to host an event for us. I could reach out to him. Or is that too far for most people?

As for the date, pretty much any weekend would work for me. Where did the suggestion of 3/26 come from? I don't see that anywhere. Or were you just striking that date off the list?

I know several of us can do Roseville, but a few people came from Central Valley and will at least have to charge before they go back, I imagine. I know Roseville has some great restaurants, and we can probably find one with a separate (quieter) room we can use (like Crush 29).

Personally, either April 2nd would work, or after April 23rd (daughter has several college admission events on Saturdays in April), but that shouldn't prevent the gathering from going forward.

Let me talk to my dealer and see what he had in mind. I'll also check into some of my favorite places to see who can handle a large party. How many did we have last time? We can also use my house as an extra charger if needed, I'm not far from Future Nissan...

Living in Grass Valley I certainly like the Roseville option. My delivery is still May and hopefully will stay that way given the tragic events in Japan. Good to get even a vicarious LEAF fix though.

We also enjoyed the get together in EG, and it would be super to get together again. Our Leaf is due during the week of March 31st. On Saturday, April 16th, Roseville with be having their Earth Festival at Mahany Regional Park from 10 am to 4 pm. The Greater Sacramento EAA has a booth, and we'll hopefully be able to show off our Leaf and/or Volt. Please drop me a note if you would like to join in. We can always use more help. Other than the 16th, April looks pretty open for us.

Oh, good point. That could be a neat thing to do. Meet up, have lunch, then show off the cars at the Earth Festival. I'm down with that, anyone else? Or maybe they'll have food at the event? I'd imagine so, does anyone know for sure?

As for my dealer hosting the event, it looks they have different definitions of "hosting" than I do... But they did say we could meet there and use their chargers. :)

If we do want to do this in Roseville, I'll call around and see what restaurants can accomodate us.

Looking forward to 2nd meet. I got my car delivered on 3/9.
Only weekend which may not work for me would be 4/16. Otherwise, I am open on all other Saturdays. Roseville works just great for me, but obviously EG is doable. Last time Visual was kind enough to give me the ride.

This topic seems to have died off, so let me revive it with some specific questions. Roseville is having their "Celebrate the Earth Festival" on Apr. 16th, which is right around the timeframe we were discussing for another get together. I think it would be great if we all met up there instead, and we could extoll the virtues of our cars to a wider audience. They've asked the local EV club to bring some cars, so we'd be welcome. The event is from 10 - 4, but for those of us willing to show our cars they'd like us there at 9:30. We are welcome to charge at Future Nissan, which only about 5 miles away. I will also have my modified L1/L2 portable that people can use if we find a suitable outlet.

So, if you were planning on attending the next get together, please respond to the following questions:

A) Can you do 4/16?
B) Do you want to do it at the festival?
C) There will be food there, are you ok with that or would you rather go to a restaurant?
D) If you can't do the 16th, what weekend would work better?
E) If you can't do Roseville, where can you do?

Thanks!

I like the idea of Roseville and the festival. I would definitely need at least a level2 charge to get back home since it's 55 miles from my house to the Roseville Automall and 58 miles to the Park.

I am willing to bring my LEAF and support the festival and help promote electric cars. I also like the idea of eating there. I'm sure there would be someplace we all could sit down and meet.

I would have loved to come on 4/16/11 and brought my LEAF as well as upgraded Nissan EVSE but I am on call during that weekend.

cardw said:
I like the idea of Roseville and the festival. I would definitely need at least a level2 charge to get back home since it's 55 miles from my house to the Roseville Automall and 58 miles to the Park.

I am willing to bring my LEAF and support the festival and help promote electric cars. I also like the idea of eating there. I'm sure there would be someplace we all could sit down and meet.
Cool. If we can find a suitable plug at the park (I've got lots of adapters, you can use my modified portable unit right there. If not, there's the automall or my house... So, well get you back home no problem. :D

Harv said:
I would have loved to come on 4/16/11 and brought my LEAF as well as upgraded Nissan EVSE but I am on call during that weekend.
Do you usually get called in? Can you come hang out until you do? It's not far...

GeekEV said:
cardw said:

Cool. If we can find a suitable plug at the park (I've got lots of adapters, you can use my modified portable unit right there. If not, there's the automall or my house... So, well get you back home no problem. :D

Great! I'm willing to work it out.

Richard

GeekEV said:
This topic seems to have died off, so let me revive it with some specific questions. Roseville is having their "Celebrate the Earth Festival" on Apr. 16th, which is right around the timeframe we were discussing for another get together. I think it would be great if we all met up there instead, and we could extoll the virtues of our cars to a wider audience. They've asked the local EV club to bring some cars, so we'd be welcome. The event is from 10 - 4, but for those of us willing to show our cars they'd like us there at 9:30. We are welcome to charge at Future Nissan, which only about 5 miles away. I will also have my modified L1/L2 portable that people can use if we find a suitable outlet.
Thanks!
Sounds like a great activity for the local LEAF club--advocacy for EV's. I'm hoping to find similar activities here in the SF Bay Area for BayLEAF members to do. I'll bring up the topic at our next meeting on April 2nd.

Back