running on fumes (range anxiety)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is plan your trip accordingly, don't rely on public charging particularly on a time constraint, drop your car down to 50mph on freeway, turn off climate.

On and the leafspy app is excellent for these moments as you'll continue to get mileage data belo the ---

How do you manage to keep tour sanity at 50 on the freeway when semis go 60?

Phatcat73 said:
All I can say is plan your trip accordingly, don't rely on public charging particularly on a time constraint, drop your car down to 50mph on freeway, turn off climate.

I have only seen the dreaded --- one time on the interstate about 1 1/2 miles from the DCQC and fortunately made it. Have never turtled.
Strongly recommend LEAF Spy Pro.
Drove 2 1/2 years without it. The lack of data from the LEAF without it is disturbing. :shock:
Would never drive LEAF without it.

Keep in mind that turtle and range in turtle is dictated by lowest cell voltage. At very low range go very slow and do not accelerate. Drive like a turtle.

But range at low end can be unpredictable. Tony Williams confidently pushed the limits a lot and then on one trip the LEAF acted differently and he was dead in the water.

And yes I have run out of gas once about 30 years ago. Recognized I had a problem on hilly rural interstate three miles from exit. Fortunately it climbed the last hill without sputtering too badly and coasted down the exit and stopped under the interstate only 1/4 mile from the single Texaco that fortunately was open. With modern cars where the fuel cools the pump I probably would have destroyed the pump and been stranded over night.

Back