Robocop ad

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimcmorr

Anyone notice the LEAF in the new Robocop movie ad? Robocop passes a car on the right on a motorcycle. Check it out if you hadn't noticed it. :geek:

You may want to provide a link, and perhaps a time stamp when it happens, because I've watched a couple of different trailers on YouTube and haven't found it yet.

I noticed it while watching a recorded episode of Castle last night. I played that ad back and forth and was convinced it was a LEAF. The scene was dark. I'll try to make note next time I see it or if I still have the recording I'll check when it was recorded.

:)

I'm sure you're right about spotting a Leaf. The original movie used then-futuristic-looking cars like the Merkur XR4-Ti, and of course the original Ford Taurus, so a Leaf would naturally fit here (plus being battery-powered would also fit in with the futuristic theme).

I'm just wondering what they will base the 6000 SUX on :lol:

adric22 said:
jimcmorr said:
Found it...

http://youtu.be/RhCaxDWS2kU

watch for the LEAF on the left side of the frame at time mark 0:28. It goes by fast the spot is only 33 seconds long.
Sure enough.. the tail lights give it away.. I bet most people won't notice.

I am sure you are correct! Thank goodness for DVR and rewind, I might have noticed but not been able to confirm without them.

I also spotted one in a Hawaii Five Oh episode last year in front of a hotel.

Not only did I notice it there, I saw it in the movie last night! The rear tail lights gave it away.
BTW, the movie was GREAT (and the original is one of my favorite movies of all time)! :lol:

RonDawg said:
I'm sure you're right about spotting a Leaf. The original movie used then-futuristic-looking cars like the Merkur XR4-Ti, and of course the original Ford Taurus, so a Leaf would naturally fit here (plus being battery-powered would also fit in with the futuristic theme).

If you let the mayor go, we'll throw in a Blaupunkt...

GregH said:
RonDawg said:

THAT line didn't make it in, but a couple of others did. BTW, don't get the idea that the Leaf was "featured" in the movie or that the police cars were identifiable: the Leaf was only seen in passing--just what you saw in the trailer.

Here's the screenshot. Most definitely a LEAF.

BgNGghzCQAAhRpj.png

Stanton said:
GregH said:
RonDawg said:

THAT line didn't make it in, but a couple of others did.

Probably because there's a whole generation of people, born after the original movie was made, that have no idea what a Blaupunkt stereo is, or that it was one of those cool things to have back then :lol:

While this movie will have far more special effects wizardry than possible in the 1980's, I'm hoping that they will keep the warped sense of humor of the Paul Verhoeven original. That's the reason why it's one of my favorite movies.

RonDawg said:
While this movie will have far more special effects wizardry than possible in the 1980's, I'm hoping that they will keep the warped sense of humor of the Paul Verhoeven original. That's the reason why it's one of my favorite movies.

They did, because it was co-written by the same 2 guys that were responsible for the original (3 writers total). While my expectations going in were very low, I have to say they nailed it. A couple of the action sequences will definitely require multiple viewings.

That's Cool!

I posted it on the LEAF FaceBook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=588276087931947&set=o.141137487795&type=1&theater&notif_t=like" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimcmorr said:
Found it...

http://youtu.be/RhCaxDWS2kU

watch for the LEAF on the left side of the frame at time mark 0:28. It goes by fast the spot is only 33 seconds long.

:geek:

Back