Report from 10K

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmydreams

Today, on the way to work, my dashboard showed this:

photo.jpg

I've had the car exactly 6 months and 1 day.

As of my last electric bill, I am averaging $.034/mile since January. Last month my bill was down to $.028/mi since I have dialed in my charging into super-off peak times.

So far, no issues with the car, tires, or brakes. I DID find a crack in the windshield yesterday which was the result of a rock on the freeway. Bummer, but things like that DO happen.

Still loving the car.... :mrgreen:

Good to hear you are at 10k already. I have had my car 6 months and 2 days and rolled over 6500 miles today. Mine is doing excellent as well!

derkraut said:
Awesome, JimmyD. You're saving some major bucks there, compared to the old Hummer/Suburban/pickumup/ driver, eh?

No kidding!! On average, it cost me $340 to drive those 10000 miles. In my BMW (that I sold when I got the Leaf), those same 10K miles would have cost $2,000!!!

:lol: :mrgreen: :cool:

Jimmydreams said:
No kidding!! On average, it cost me $340 to drive those 10000 miles. In my BMW (that I sold when I got the Leaf), those same 10K miles would have cost $2,000!!!

:lol: :mrgreen: :cool:

Nice to hear that no issues for you, unfortunately for me I would be taking it for repairs 3rd time now. Although, only the first one was major one. Also, I estimate that same 10k miles would've been $2500 on 16 mpg SUV vs Leaf $250. That's roughly 10x the savings.

odd... I got a crack on my windshield the same day. a garbage truck was going 70 and plenty of stuff was shooting off, one debris hit my windshield.
I only have 4900m, though
Jimmydreams said:
Today, on the way to work, my dashboard showed this:

So far, no issues with the car, tires, or brakes. I DID find a crack in the windshield yesterday which was the result of a rock on the freeway. Bummer, but things like that DO happen.

Still loving the car.... :mrgreen:

Jimmydreams said:

Amazing! 10k miles in 6 mths. How is the battery holding up?

Could you share your charging patterns?
1. Do you charge every night 7 days per week?
2. Do you charge exclusively 100% or 80% or mixed?
3. Do you do opportunity charging to top up whenever at public stations?

Pls do share..... ;-)

Thanks!!

Jimmy, you are probably the first to reach 10K miles on MNL. If you had leased, instead of bought, you would be projected to be only 15K miles over the 45K limit. :lol:

Wow, you're racking up those miles, Jimmy!

Just passed 1000 miles in mine after ~1 month. So far so good!

mxp said:
Jimmydreams said:

Amazing! 10k miles in 6 mths. How is the battery holding up?

Could you share your charging patterns?
1. Do you charge every night 7 days per week?
2. Do you charge exclusively 100% or 80% or mixed?
3. Do you do opportunity charging to top up whenever at public stations?

Pls do share..... ;-)

Thanks!!

My charging is simple: 100% every time, 5-6 days a week. Opportunity charging so far only a handful of times and only when I thought I needed the extra juice to make it home. But I will charge anywhere that it's available....it's just not that available around town.....yet. ;) Zero battery issues.

Wih my recent re-locate to Murrieta, 56 miles each way and 100% charging twice a day I'll be coming after you with those miles.

mossyleaf said:
Wih my recent re-locate to Murrieta, 56 miles each way and 100% charging twice a day I'll be coming after you with those miles.
There is someone doing 129 miles a day here in Seattle - but you are close.

So he's the one! :evil: I keep coming up rank 2 on carwings and wondered who it was that could be driving more than me...

sirfergy said:
Where I live it's expected to have a broken windshield, too many trucks on the freeways. :(

Same here, that's one of the reasons why I stay on surface streets. Most of our insurance policies have 0 ded. on glass.

Jimmydreams said:
.....My charging is simple: 100% every time, 5-6 days a week. Opportunity charging so far only a handful of times and only when I thought I needed the extra juice to make it home. But I will charge anywhere that it's available....it's just not that available around town.....yet. ;) Zero battery issues.

I will be closely monitoring your progress with the Leaf. You've definitely set the bar here. :)

In general, I read the threads here about the long term detriments of 100% charging. I am quite fearful of doing 100% charges even for 3 -4 times per week but I don't have a choice. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens over time.

Back