Repair prior to turn in

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epi117

Have two months left on lease, 21k miles.

Should i repair or turn in as in and just pay for cost to repair. pretty sure i have some other minor dings.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://imgur.com/Szi7E5e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://imgur.com/ftRajdt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

find some touch up paint and very carefully try to hide it. No point in giving them any ammunition to ding you. Most likely you will get away with it if the color is the same it won't draw their attention hen they are inspecting it even if it is scratched or dinged there. I wouldn't pay a body shop to do anything though. Maybe you can use some model paint you buy in a hobby shop if you can't buy it from the dealer for the exact color of your car.

If you have not done so, contact Nissan's third party contract inspection service at (800) 253-9026 to set up an appointment to inspect the vehicle and give you a written report of any excess wear/damages they find. The standards they use for excess wear is outlined here: http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/owning/Wear_and_Use_Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you get a written report, which should include an estimate of what any excess wear charges will be, you can then make a decision as to whether to pay it off or repair before turn-in.

If you pay to get it professionally done there's always the chance that they will claim it wasn't done right and ding you a second time. Your best bet is to use touch up.

If you want to make it look good get a good wax job or a mild polish. It's not good to use polish a lot on your own car since it actually rubs clear coat away but on lease turn in....

Did NMAC send you the $500 off excess wear offer? And do you intend to lease another Nissan?

That may cover it.

Or, You can get touch up paint from the dealer or online. Borrow a buffer and blend it in with buffing compound.

i would not make a decision until you have it inspected which you probably can get done right away. this gives you time to decide whether to fix it or let it go. There seems to be no dents so a steady hand with touchup paint might just do the trick.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Did NMAC send you the $500 off excess wear offer? And do you intend to lease another Nissan?

That may cover it.

Or, You can get touch up paint from the dealer or online. Borrow a buffer and blend it in with buffing compound.

Nope , two payments left and no offers yet.

Epi117 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

That may cover it.

Nope , two payments left and no offers yet.

i think the offer is automatic if you buy/lease another Nissan

Back