Remote Climate Control Failed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick0101

As I was about to leave work today, I pulled out my phone and launched the Leaf app. It was hot, so I turned on climate control so the car would be cooled off by the time I walked across the giant parking lot. The command was acknowledged normally. A couple minutes later, I got an error message that said the climate control was not responding.

The only thing that was different today was that it was plugged in to an EVSE that made been remotely disabled. At my work, the EVSEs are $1.20 per hour to use. This fee applies anytime you are plugged in (charging or not). The other way you can stop the fee is to use the EVSE provider's app to stop the charging event. I had plugged in after lunch and received a notice that it was full (80%) before 3:00. Rather than paying for another hour or two before I left for home, I used their app to turn off the EVSE while leaving it plugged in.

Anyone else seen this? I plan on trying this again to see if it is reproducible.

I get an error message when I try to switch on the climate if the EVSE is plugged into the car, but there is no voltage in the wall socket.

I've received this error a few times in random locations, while charging, while not charging (and plugged in), and not plugged in. I also would have difficulty refreshing the status of the vehicle too, so I just assumed that either there was a CARWINGS problem or the car had low cellular signal.

Back