Recurring Renewal Pains Me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

This forum is valuable and i support it.
I just renewed though i said i would not do so till the recurring Paypal payment was removed as the default. I did not want the hassle of undoing a recurring payment.

Turns out, I could not cancel the recurring payment easily at Paypal.
I am now 20 minutes into that process at PayPal.

Mike, why dont you make it possible to make a one-time payment as the default, sted of this annoyance?

I am in
My Money>
My Pre-Approved Payments>
and i dont see a way to stop the recurring payment short of disputing the transaction.
nuts.
(UPDATE: i have used paypal just once before, so i am not nimble in that space.)

planet4ever said:
If I recall, you just delete the pre-approved payment entry. That doesn't affect the payment you just made; it only says future payments are not pre-approved.
Ray

Close to the top left you should see 'Cancel'. Just click on it and it will only cancel the recurring payment, not the present payment. I had to call Paypal to clarify because I wasn't sure either. I told them they need to make their directions tell about the 'cancel' part.

LEAFfan said:
planet4ever said:
If I recall, you just delete the pre-approved payment entry. That doesn't affect the payment you just made; it only says future payments are not pre-approved.
Ray

Close to the top left you should see 'Cancel'. Just click on it and it will only cancel the recurring payment, not the present payment. I had to call Paypal to clarify because I wasn't sure either. I told them they need to make their directions tell about the 'cancel' part.

thanks for being helpful....
whatever i did to end the recurring nature of the payment cancelled the whole deal, and then went into dispute. a real pain.
i just wanted to send mike some turkey to support this great site.
i am sure i did something wrong, but not being a paypalophile, i was unfamiliar with the architecture.

thankyouOB said:
LEAFfan said:
planet4ever said:
Ray

thanks for being helpful....
whatever i did to end the recurring nature of the payment cancelled the whole deal, and then went into dispute. a real pain.
i just wanted to send mike some turkey to support this great site.
i am sure i did something wrong, but not being a paypalophile, i was unfamiliar with the architecture.

wxyz is aware of the issue and the "dispute" is fine. the money does not get sent back so you are ok. he has actually changed it so going forward, YOU must select the recurring payment option

DaveinOlyWA said:
[

wxyz is aware of the issue and the "dispute" is fine. the money does not get sent back so you are ok. he has actually changed it so going forward, YOU must select the recurring payment option

I would be glad if he got the money.
I saw no sign of that from Paypal, but then i havent been back to their site since New Years.
so when does my sign on turn GOLD? (-:

Back