Rebuttal to Forbe's article re: Mileage Fraud re: elc. vech

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hill said:
anyway, back to Forbes ... Forbes is not stupid. Forbes is a coduit for status quo big business. That agenda flies in the face of things environmental, or things that challenge the control of existing power/fuel requirements. Coal & Oil industries LOVE to tout the "you're just moving the dirty exhaust pipe from the car to the coal-fired electric generator" BS. Don't fret when this ignorant statement gets spread, because each time said, it gives a new opportunity to set the record straight:
1) dirty coal-fired generators have to run anyway, 24-7, and EV's can make use of the recharge power at night, which would have otherwise gone to waste.
2) To make each gallon of fuel, 1/2 of the coal / oil fired electric power to create the gallon, had to come from dirty coal/oil ... especially when you factor in the trillion dollar expense of the military we need, just to assure we can keep our (over) 50% oil imports flowing ... so we can keep power flowing to the dirty coal mines.
But ... Forbes big-business sponsors (which include big oil) somehow forget to mention that fact ... which means, that fossil fuel burner cars, first have to burn up a lot of dirty coal fuel, to MAKE electricity, just so fuel can be refined to burn in cars ... a DOUBLE dirty cause of pollution. At least EV's don't pollute, after the dirty electricity is created. That little omission of the facts gives us a chance to educate the ignorant, who might not otherwise be able to think that logic through.

Excellent post, Hill, and you notice I didn't use the word stupid, (although I think I use infantile argument).
I totally agree that from their perspective it would great if we just kept on buying oil from them and we're not going to, so SO SAD FOR THEM. Yes, I agree that Forbes is a tool. And when they are a tool for the dirty and rich polluting companies it's up to us to stand up and say "hey, wait a minute", and we've both done that! :)

Back