Reasonable deal on a S with charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhammond

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm thinking about leasing a Leaf S with the quick charger option. I'm in Oakland California and I'm looking at two options:

36 month lease / 12000 miles per year
Down: $2967 $2599 + $288 license + $80 doc fee
Lease payment is $200.85 +tax. (tax estimate is $18; total about $218)

24 month lease / 12000 miles per year.
Down: $2967 $2599 + $288 license + $80 doc fee
Lease payment is $135.21 +tax. (tax estimate is $12; total about $147)

Any thoughts on whether this is reasonable? I'm also interested in people's thoughts about the 24 vs. 36 month lease. I'm pretty sure the technology will advance significantly in the next two years (even 150 miles range would be a worthwhile improvement) but my gut feeling is that 24 months seems too short - but I don't have a good reason for that.

thanks!
Fergus

fhammond said:
... I'm also interested in people's thoughts about the 24 vs. 36 month lease. I'm pretty sure the technology will advance significantly in the next two years (even 150 miles range would be a worthwhile improvement) but my gut feeling is that 24 months seems too short - but I don't have a good reason for that. ...
Well, the CA rebate ($2500) is only available with a 36 mo or greater lease, so that might figure into your choice.

24-months sounds like a sweet deal, but you'll want to figure out what the money factor is and the residual and go to a site like http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and plug in all the numbers to make sure the dealer isn't inflating the money factor beyond NMAC's figure.

You'll also want to put down as close to $0 as possible since the low money factor (low interest) causes the risk associated with a large down payment to outweigh the benefits of reduced interest paid, IMHO. If you put $3000 down and wreck the car a month later or an hour later, that money is ::poof:: gone. NMAC gets paid off by the insurance.

I always thought short leases were more expensive per month, since you are basically paying for the time when the car depreciates the most. When I did my lease, 39 months was the best deal. If I were you, I would go with the shortest lease option. 24 months should be plenty of time for the new plug standard to be adapted and we might see a design refresh for the LEAF, so I would stick with that if I were you.

Hi all,

I ended up leasing a 2013 SV with a quick charger. Total down was $3000 and the monthly lease is $191. I got this from Nissan Oakland. Seemed reasonable the two other dealers declined to match it; probably a good sign.

thanks.

Back