Range Recommendations from Gudy?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other thing to remember.. in 5-10 years there will be a lot cheaper battery packs to buy and the capacity would probably be more than the double for the same size/weight. I think most of EV owners would upgrade their batteries before they go bad...

I work some times with batteries for PBX systems (phone systems). Some cells go bad you have to calculate that, but if you handle your batteries with care they would last a long long time.. The no1 enemy for battery life time is heat.. 5 degree C increase over 25C will make a battery last 7,5 years instead of 15 years.. Thats why i think EV cars will make it better in colder climates than in all year around hot climates...

I don't know exactly the battery type for the Nissan car...

taztaz said:
One other thing to remember.. in 5-10 years there will be a lot cheaper battery packs to buy and the capacity would probably be more than the double for the same size/weight. I think most of EV owners would upgrade their batteries before they go bad...

I work some times with batteries for PBX systems (phone systems). Some cells go bad you have to calculate that, but if you handle your batteries with care they would last a long long time.. The no1 enemy for battery life time is heat.. 5 degree C increase over 25C will make a battery last 7,5 years instead of 15 years.. Thats why i think EV cars will make it better in colder climates than in all year around hot climates...

I don't know exactly the battery type for the Nissan car...

We will see that taztaz ;)...I'll be here to exchange some data to confirm that ;)

Back