Random and spontaneous DRL when parked or charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taughey

Hello
This is my first posting. I have a 2011 Leaf that I have been driving for 3 years without problems. Recently we noticed that the DRLs were coming on with the car parked. Nothing would switch them off again but they would eventually extinguish spontaneously. With "lockdown" in the UK we have not used the Leaf for 2 weeks or so. Tried to start it today - to go for my Covid Jab - but it was dead. Recharging the 12v battery resolved this issue but the DRLs have come on again. I'm guessing that this random DRL activity is draining the 12v battery as the main battery was still charged. I can't find any similar posting highlighting this issue. Can anyone help or explain? Thank you.

One year later and the problem has returned. DRL/Fog lights stay on when all switches off, ignition off and key nowhere near car. Causes 12v battery to drain. Am I the only Leaf owner to experience this. I am in UK and its a 2011 Leaf. Thanks

I'm in the US so I don't know if I even have DRL but I'd check the light switch first, assuming that is supposed to turn them off.

Probably the easiest way to start would be to un-plug the wiring at the back of the light switch to see if that fixes it. If it does, then the problem is probably a bad switch. If the lights are still on with the switch unplugged, there is a short somewhere between the switch and the lights.

Back