Drained 12v battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cguteliu

We are having an issue where we are coming out to a dead 12v battery and a clicking relay. I switched out relays and problem solved for a month. Back out today and again dead battery and clicking relay.

I had assumed the relay was bad and easy fix but now I'm assuming there is something more. Anybody else have this happen? 2022 sv.

Doesn't happen when plugged in.

12V power is available from the DC-DC converter when the car is charging so the state of the 12V battery isn't critical then.

I'd get the 12V battery tested or just connect it to a stand-alone 12V charger until it's fully charged. The Leaf doesn't have a great 12V charging system and if the battery is not fully charged to start it may never get to a full charge during normal operation even though it maintains its medium charge level. Starting the battery at a full charge should be enough to keep it operational if the battery health is OK.

There is definitely something wrong this not the battery. It has been tested. The car is trying to do something over and over that is draining the battery. It is makes a clicking sound in the relay under the hood in front of the driver.

Just want to know if anyone else has had this because it is one of those things I know won't happen when I take it to a dealer.

I pulled the chg rad fan fuse and the clicking stops. I'm assuming that means the cooling fan has an issue. Does this sound correct?

We are having an issue where we are coming out to a dead 12v battery and a clicking relay. I switched out relays and problem solved for a month. Back out today and again dead battery and clicking relay.

I had assumed the relay was bad and easy fix but now I'm assuming there is something more. Anybody else have this happen? 2022 sv.

Doesn't happen when plugged
Did you check Battery voltage...should be 13 v. And they go bad after a few years.
are you leaving the headlights on?
If the battery voltage is not 13 volts, get a new battery from the parts store.... and clean your terminals.
after you put it back in. Check to see the voltage is 13v, then voltage across terminals is 13v, and that there is no drop across your cables... this is a 12v system problem not an EV problem

Back