Question about delusional resale values

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetEV said:
donald said:
The only EV I am aware of that can actually send coolant to the batteries lower than ambient is MiEV, which can use air cooling from its AC system when rapid charging. (In theory, Renault ZE's could too, as they incorporate a Peltier cooler, but in practice I doubt they are powerful enough to cool batteries lower than ambient.)

At least Tesla (several models) and Ford Focus Electric (FFE) have chilled liquid cooling. These are sold nationwide. There are probably some compliance cars sold only in CA as well. If I lived in a hot place like Vegas NV, I'd look carefully at the FFE.
Spark EV and Volt have both liquid-cooled and heated battery packs, and they can certainly cool below ambient, as can the others mentioned above with it. I forget what the Smart has. The LEAF has no active pack cooling system of any kind, not even a fan.

Tenn built Leaf with 12k miles. Went to dealer first time since purchase for battery check. Not one problem - but yes they did a software update (original likely written in Japan) also.

Not one rattle, squeak, or fault returned on the OBD.

I think the answer to your question is KBB is not selling you the car, the owner is. You may be delusional about what the resale values should be by expecting a website to be accurate. (Yes I know it is impossible for the internet to ever be wrong) :lol: There was a guy on here posting average auction sales prices of leafs. That is a good guide to wholesale prices.

Hmmm... re: the OP, I noticed
Last visited: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:33 am
(this is Pacific time)

I guess the OP may not have seen some of our responses... hope he learned something from us setting him straight on his "facts".

cwerdna said:
(this is Pacific time)

I guess the OP may not have seen some of our responses... hope he learned something from us setting him straight on his "facts".

You do not have to be logged in to read posts.

Hedge

Hedge74 said:
cwerdna said:
(this is Pacific time)

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he hasn't responded/posted any more either...

cwerdna said:
Hedge74 said:
cwerdna said:

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he hasn't responded/posted any more either...
perhaps he got the answers he needed.

GRA said:
I forget what the Smart has. The LEAF has no active pack cooling system of any kind, not even a fan.

The Smart ED has an active battery cooling and heating system which conditions the battery.

So far, we had an extremely cold winter here in Toronto, one day in particular was -34C and wind chill. On that day, my Smart ED showed a dash indicator when I started the car that informed me the battery heater was bringing the pack "up to" the -20C minimum operating temperature before I could set off. This heater is on a different circuit and operates independently of the resistive cabin heater. It took a few minutes to heat the battery, and I was off and running.

cwerdna said:
(this is Pacific time)

I'm glad you guys missed me. I have been on the Elio Motors board for the last month.... Anyway, there is one update on the 2011 leafs values. There are cars in cali that are asking 14k or more but some have the quick charge port and some dont. when you price the car on kbb.com there is no option to check for the quick charge port. they are priced the same, which is dumb. how much do you guys think should be added to the kbb price if it has the QC port. a new leaf costs about 1200 for the option. how much is that option worth on a 3 year old car.

evboy said:
cwerdna said:
(this is Pacific time)

I'm glad you guys missed me. I have been on the Elio Motors board for the last month.... Anyway, there is one update on the 2011 leafs values. There are cars in cali that are asking 14k or more but some have the quick charge port and some dont. when you price the car on kbb.com there is no option to check for the quick charge port. they are priced the same, which is dumb. how much do you guys think should be added to the kbb price if it has the QC port. a new leaf costs about 1200 for the option. how much is that option worth on a 3 year old car.

If you want a number. I feel people either need this option and will not buy a used LEAF without it (and willing to pay more for it), or they do not need it (and not willing to pay anything for this option). But for added flexibility it would be a nice option to have, especially if you plan to resell the LEAF. I would (very roughly) value the option as 1/2 of the new cost that you quoted - $600.
But it really depends on the buyer's situation.

You can get a 012 leaf w/ 25k for as little as $12,999 right out of a dealership now but you MUST be willing to travel god knows where and trailer it home.

Odd part with values is that the lowest priced cars now are all 2012's. Last year you could get certain 2011s for as low as $11,500. So the bottom floor of the prices has moved up recently.

But again, I would buy the 012 listed above personally (and I would guess the op would as well) but in my case moving a car back nearly 2000 miles is rarely worth it plus its either site unseen or driving a gas gussler across the country to pull it home.

Back