Prospective buyer, need a measurement please

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleech2

I'm really interested in getting a used Leaf, but I need to be able to transport my elderly mother in it. She had a compact Saturn station wagon but could no longer use it because the seats are too low to the ground, and that is something I fear may be an issue with a Leaf. Could someone kindly take the time to measure the distance from the ground to the surface of the front passenger seat? Thank you. I'm mainly looking for a 2014 or 15 S model.

bleech2 said:
I'm really interested in getting a used Leaf, but I need to be able to transport my elderly mother in it. She had a compact Saturn station wagon but could no longer use it because the seats are too low to the ground, and that is something I fear may be an issue with a Leaf. Could someone kindly take the time to measure the distance from the ground to the surface of the front passenger seat? Thank you. I'm mainly looking for a 2014 or 15 S model.

I can't measure mine because of the location in which it's parked- the measurement would be wrong. However, I can tell you that the seating height for the Leaf is fairly high, and there is a height adjustment, at least from 2013 on, and at least on the driver's side. I'll be amazed if it isn't much higher than a Saturn wagon.

Seat height,
64.9 centimeters
25.5 inches
Lots of other measurements here also

http://www.smithsmotorgroup.co.uk/nissan/motability/cars/leaf/

Thanks so much for the help. The leaf's seat is 5-1/2" higher than the old saturn, this is great news.

I measured 25 inches on my 2015 SL with the passenger seat toward the rear of its adjustment (it is a little higher if it is positioned further forward). Driver seat has height adjustment, passenger seat does not. The LEAF also has a higher roof line which helps for entry/exit. I think it would be a good choice to transport your mother as long as the range between charges meets your needs. If you get an SV or SL, you can remotely start the climate control to make it comfortable when getting in after it has been parked.

Gerry

I am a disabled senior citizen and find the Leaf one of the easier vehicles for me to get in and out of. People that woud have trouble with the height of a mini van or small SUV should find it easier to get in and out of. The Leaf is just a couple of inches shorter than a CRV or Nissan Quest which my mother found too high to get into so if she was still with us my fealing is the Leaf would be about perfect for transporting the elderly.

I'm also somewhat disabled, and find my Leaf pretty easy to enter and exit, even compared with my old Camry. The doorway could be taller, but then it would be a minivan.

I have a rather tall torso and the Leaf works just fine. MUCH better than my wifes Prius which I kind of despise(in that respect) as I can't tell you how many time I've hit my head on the roof because I like to sit my butt on the seat and then swivel my body/head into the car. On the Prius the distance between the seat bottom and door jam is just too short, a common problem with modern cars for me. Because of this when I get in the Prius I'm forced to go in heat-first. I also like to occasionally wear a hat and can do that in the Leaf, something I can't do in the Prius or most smaller cars. My favorite vehicle was my Toyota Scion Xb(original body style) with that car I could have worn a 10 gallon hat with no isssues(not that I ever wear a 10 gallon hat :lol: ) amazing for a vehicle so small!

The Leaf window visibility and the ease of entrance is one of the best of all of the cars I own. I even have a Cadillac CTS, and even that car is hard to get into if you don't watch your head. It is a low clearance. I would say that the Leaf is great to easily get in and out of compared to other "car" size vehicles.

Back