Preferred Dealer auto-populating?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafinThePark

Had a strange thing happen to me. Yesterday I happened to log into my dashboard just to see what if anything has changed - I am in Minnesota, so I really didn't expect to see anything new. However, I noticed that I now have a Preferred Dealer....Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa. I know I never selected them, but I have made contact about the possibility of getting an orphan and shipping it to Minnesota. Could they have somehow added themselves to my Dashboard? Very strange.

The other oddity that I noticed was that the one dealer in the Minneapolis/St Paul area that actually has their own Leaf (They purchased their own orphan) to test drive and to have a changer station is the only one in the are that is NOT labeled "Leaf certified". It almost as if this the certified tag is inverted for at least this market.

That happened to me too. A few weeks after I reserved in May '10, my PD changed to a dealer in TX (I'm in WA). I had no PD set before that.

Mossy is a fine dealer so your buying experience should be good, and I wish you a nice visit in San Diego, and an interesting drive back to Minnesota. :)

Seriously, I think that if you first visit a dealer's Leaf web site and then the Nissan dashboard web site, a cookie is set which identifies that dealer as your preferred dealer. I don't know if that's what happened to you, but Mossy is among the more active dealers online so you could have visited their site. Dealer preference is easily changed.

That makes sense...I visited the website to get contact information regarding orphans they may have available.

So, any reason to change that right away? Right now I am still not sure who my dealer in Minny will be and I have awhile until I will be ordering anyway.

Nissan customer service has probably gotten bored with the people that cannot order because they failed to choose a dealer.
Feel free to change the preferred dealer as desired.

Back