Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked into the Nissan dealer on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. It was slammed. Took 5 hours, but I walked out with a $199 lease (plus $12 sales tax) for 36 months, after writing a check for $1800 down + first payment. Two options were included at this price: the charger package and the floor mats/cargo area mat. They attempted to cram a $599 "dealer fee" into the deal, but they eventually discounted the price by an additional $599 to offset it. Note that the nationally advertised deal does not include any options. That's why I was there for 5 hours, standing up to walk out on three different occasions, to get the charger package at the $199/month price without any additional upfront buydown of the lease payments.

They attempted to dealer trade for an S (they had none in stock), but that fell through. I got the next one off the truck, 5 days later, in my preferred color (blue).

I'm in the Orlando area, so I have no concerns about reduced range because of the inefficient heater, and my commute is only 30 miles round trip.

I've bought a level 2 charger from Amazon.com that I plan to install in my garage over the next few days.

Up to now, I've commuted in my 2004 Subaru WRX STi, which gets about 17 mpg on premium fuel, and costs me about $250/month in gas plus significant maintenance costs because of its advanced age (100k+ miles). It is now relegated to the role of weekend fun and road trip car.

My calculations, including paying additional insurance and amortizing the level 2 charger over 36 months, show my costs to be zero or less to add the Nissan Leaf to our family.

Bob

I purchased a 2013 SV in Valenica, CA. Metallic Slate on Black with Quick Charge package, Premium package, splash guards, and floor mats.

List Price was $35,690
Factory Invoice (according to truecar.com) was $33,556
VPP Discount of -$1000
Final Touch +$500
My cost $33,074 + tax/lic
OTD: $36,488
Factor in $8k down and $10k in rebates, my monthly is $315

The $2500 state rebate was mailed in today and I will be applying for the $7500 Federal rebate 2/2014
I plan to install a Level 2 home charger with the 2k from LADWP's TOU program.
I also intend to extend my warranty to a 5yr/100,000mi. This will happen when i get my state rebate back. I have a 100mi round trip commute to work and will probably pass that by the 4th year. I only go 50mi on a charge though since there are several level 2 chagers at work.

Love this car though. Im saving SOOO MUCH!
Used to have a BMW 335i (475/monthly payment) + (375/monthly gas) + (200/monthly insurance) + (150/monthly maintenance) = 1200
Leaf (315/monthly payment) + (40/monthly charge) + (100/monthly insurance) + (0/monthly maintenance) = 420

rolo2285 said:
I purchased a 2013 SV in Valenica, CA. Metallic Slate on Black with Quick Charge package, Premium package, splash guards, and floor mats.

List Price was $35,690
Factory Invoice (according to truecar.com) was $33,556
VPP Discount of -$1000
Final Touch +$500
My cost $33,074 + tax/lic
OTD: $36,488
Factor in $8k down and $10k in rebates, my monthly is $315

The $2500 state rebate was mailed in today and I will be applying for the $7500 Federal rebate 2/2014
I plan to install a Level 2 home charger with the 2k from LADWP's TOU program.
I also intend to extend my warranty to a 5yr/100,000mi. This will happen when i get my state rebate back. I have a 100mi round trip commute to work and will probably pass that by the 4th year. I only go 50mi on a charge though since there are several level 2 chagers at work.

Love this car though. Im saving SOOO MUCH!
Used to have a BMW 335i (475/monthly payment) + (375/monthly gas) + (200/monthly insurance) + (150/monthly maintenance) = 1200
Leaf (315/monthly payment) + (40/monthly charge) + (100/monthly insurance) + (0/monthly maintenance) = 420
Factory invoice was only $2150 under MSRP? Hmmm. Should be right around $32,000. What is "final touch"? I wouldn't purchase the extended warranty, but I respect your decision - you may want to check out the website of Nissan of Santa Rosa who boasts to have the best prices anywhere for Nissan warranties.

PhysicsTeacher said:
Walked into the Nissan dealer on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. It was slammed. Took 5 hours, but I walked out with a $199 lease (plus $12 sales tax) for 36 months, after writing a check for $1800 down + first payment. Two options were included at this price: the charger package and the floor mats/cargo area mat. They attempted to cram a $599 "dealer fee" into the deal, but they eventually discounted the price by an additional $599 to offset it. Note that the nationally advertised deal does not include any options. That's why I was there for 5 hours, standing up to walk out on three different occasions, to get the charger package at the $199/month price without any additional upfront buydown of the lease payments.

They attempted to dealer trade for an S (they had none in stock), but that fell through. I got the next one off the truck, 5 days later, in my preferred color (blue).

I'm in the Orlando area, so I have no concerns about reduced range because of the inefficient heater, and my commute is only 30 miles round trip.

I've bought a level 2 charger from Amazon.com that I plan to install in my garage over the next few days.

Up to now, I've commuted in my 2004 Subaru WRX STi, which gets about 17 mpg on premium fuel, and costs me about $250/month in gas plus significant maintenance costs because of its advanced age (100k+ miles). It is now relegated to the role of weekend fun and road trip car.

My calculations, including paying additional insurance and amortizing the level 2 charger over 36 months, show my costs to be zero or less to add the Nissan Leaf to our family.

Bob
I think you've done your homework, got a very good deal on your lease, and will be happy. 'Way to go! :)

Posted in another part of this forum referencing my experience, but I suppose this is more appropriate here. I will never ever ever ever ever ever do any business with ANY car dealer over the phone or in person. It's a *hit storm waiting to happen, and I think that with the internet, some time, you can get good deals. I did my deal over email. Created a spreadsheet to compare apples to apples. Most dealers are full of complete crap, so do your due diligence and make sure you compare. I got to my breaking point of time spent researching vs. worth it or not and they had what I wanted in stock. I went in, all papers were ready, in and out in about an hour.

State : California
Metro area/city : South Bay Area

Color/trim: Slate SV, black interior
Options: Quick charge w/LED and Premium Package
Accessories: floor mats and splash guards (I don't get it...)

Total MSRP+destination charge: $35,665
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $31,325 (I'm not sure if this includes tax and license or not)
Total discount (or markup): Not sure, because it includes the tax credit
Additional fees: Not sure
Purchase or lease?: Lease. $160 a month including tax, $2500 drive off. $6,180 total cost for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Dealer: Premier

Delivery date: Same Day

Plans for home charging: 240v/30a modded charger. I have used my home charger 3 times in the last 2 weeks. There are so many free QC options in my area, I'm actually regretting investing in 240v home charging, though it will be nice for our next EV.

katieandbrian said:
went in, all papers were ready, in and out in about an hour.

State : California
Metro area/city : South Bay Area

Color/trim: Slate SV, black interior
Options: Quick charge w/LED and Premium Package
Accessories: floor mats and splash guards (I don't get it...)

Total MSRP+destination charge: $35,665
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $31,325 (I'm not sure if this includes tax and license or not)
Total discount (or markup): Not sure, because it includes the tax credit
Additional fees: Not sure
Purchase or lease?: Lease. $160 a month including tax, $2500 drive off. $6,180 total cost for 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Dealer: Premier

Delivery date: Same Day

Plans for home charging: 240v/30a modded charger. I have used my home charger 3 times in the last 2 weeks. There are so many free QC options in my area, I'm actually regretting investing in 240v home charging, though it will be nice for our next EV.

Congrats! At 20.6 cents/mile, it's one of the best deals yet.

As far as the charging, as EVs become more popular (and 2013 seems to be the best year yet), don't expect QC or L2 to remain free, and if they do expect more competition from other EV users for them.

RonDawg said:
katieandbrian said:

As far as the charging, as EVs become more popular (and 2013 seems to be the best year yet), don't expect QC or L2 to remain free, and if they do expect more competition from other EV users for them.

Thanks! Never calculated per mile cost. Heh. I'm assuming you work at a dealer. :D

I've contacted my local non-Nissan charging stations and the 2 stations I use have absolutely no plans to start charging for their blinks. QC or L2s for that matter. I charge at 630 or 7am in a relatively quiet area of Silicon Valley. I've heard a lot of rumors, and have contacted Blink and Chargepoint. They all say "they are rolling out the new fee platform soon!". I contact that station provider directly and they either say, "nobody is looking into that" or "no, we're not going to charge. It will take years for us to have to start charging and actually turn a profit. We don't see enough kWh". I am really not concerned, and the buzz/speculation has proven to be false. Blink "officially" started their 5$ QC structure on June 4th.

I think that even if competition gets more intense, places that value investing in the infrastructure will expand their station capacity before starting to charge. I encourage local folks to turn up pre-9am and compete with me for a whopping 19 minutes of top off. It will turn into a knife fight, I'm sure. :D:D:D

katieandbrian said:
RonDawg said:
katieandbrian said:

Thanks! Never calculated per mile cost. Heh. I'm assuming you work at a dealer. :D

Actually no, but from other "Is this a good lease deal or not" threads it seems like the best way to determine it is to get your total cost divided by the miles you intend to use (and with a lease you want to use as many as allowed, as you don't get a refund for unused miles).

I've contacted my local non-Nissan charging stations and the 2 stations I use have absolutely no plans to start charging for their blinks. QC or L2s for that matter. I charge at 630 or 7am in a relatively quiet area of Silicon Valley. I've heard a lot of rumors, and have contacted Blink and Chargepoint. They all say "they are rolling out the new fee platform soon!". I contact that station provider directly and they either say, "nobody is looking into that" or "no, we're not going to charge. It will take years for us to have to start charging and actually turn a profit. We don't see enough kWh". I am really not concerned, and the buzz/speculation has proven to be false. Blink "officially" started their 5$ QC structure on June 4th.

I think that even if competition gets more intense, places that value investing in the infrastructure will expand their station capacity before starting to charge. I encourage local folks to turn up pre-9am and compete with me for a whopping 19 minutes of top off. It will turn into a knife fight, I'm sure. :D:D:D

But it's so much easier to be able to charge at home, rather than having to allot an extra 19 minutes (plus travel time to and from the charger from your normal route if necessary) to take advantage of a QC. In my case, that 19 minutes actually more than doubles my one-way commuting time.

But it's so much easier to be able to charge at home, rather than having to allot an extra 19 minutes (plus travel time to and from the charger from your normal route if necessary) to take advantage of a QC. In my case, that 19 minutes actually more than doubles my one-way commuting time.[/quote]

I've been searching for those threads! Any direct links?

And it is much easier to charge at home, but when you live in the Silicon Valley and there are 5 QC stations within a couple miles of your work, the 25 minutes (including 2 way driving time) in the morning doesn't seem like a bad investment. I normally run to get a coffee or snack in the morning anyways, so it's really almost a wash. I've essentially paid about 2 dollars for my first 400 miles. Yeah, it adds about 25 minutes total a few times per week, but my morning commute is about 35 minutes. 45 in the afternoon. Not a big deal.

The way I think about it is like this: would you wait in line 20 minutes every day for 3 gallons of free gas? I would. No doubt! One of the positive side effects is that I've been forced to "slow down". I use the time to actually relax where my life is otherwise non stop for 12-15 hours a day. I think after the novelty wears off I'll start charging at home more, but it's a fun adventure for now. And thinking that there are motivated companies out there investing in the infrastructure is really motivating.

There are numerous threads from folks who decided to start new ones, rather than include theirs in an existing one. I can't find it anymore, but there is a thread in which a table was posted that compared everybody's deals. That's where you'll find that your deal is one of the better ones; only a few managed to get deals that amounted to less than 20 cents/mile.

However here's one such thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you click on "View Active Topics" on the top left, you'll often see someone making a similar new thread.

As far as charging for free in public vs. at home, that would depend on how much trouble it's worth (extra time to allow for charging, possible wait times, etc.) vs. how much it costs to charge at home. In my case, it only costs me $30/month to drive my Leaf 1,000 miles. I do not have a QC port on my car so that's not an option for me, and until recently the nearest QC unit would add an extra 20 miles to my commute. The nearest free public L2 is about 15 miles away in the opposite direction of my commute.

Since you mention Silicon Valley, I can see why you want to take advantage of free charging. PG&E charges some rather scary rates :eek:

State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland

Color/trim: Slate S, black interior
Options: None
Accessories: floor mats and splash guards
Total MSRP+destination charge: $29,965
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $27,355 (VPP Pricing)
Total discount (or markup):
Additional fees: $449 (license/Registration, Title, Electronic Filing, Processing)
Purchase or lease?: Lease. $155 a month, $1000 drive off. $4,565 total cost for 24 months, 12k miles a year.

Dealer: Beaverton Nissan (Clint Edwards, Internet Dept.)

Delivery date: 6/12/13

Plans for home charging: Sticking with 120V for now. My commute is ~35 miles round trip M,W,T,F. There is Blink station at work, but I am hoping to not have to use it often...

morlglums said:
State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland

Color/trim: Slate S, black interior
Options: None
Accessories: floor mats and splash guards
Total MSRP+destination charge: $29,965
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $27,355 (VPP Pricing)
Additional fees: $449 (license/Registration, Title, Electronic Filing, Processing)
Purchase or lease?: Lease. $155 a month, $1000 drive off. $4,565 total cost for 24 months, 12k miles a year.

Dealer: Beaverton Nissan (Clint Edwards, Internet Dept.)

Delivery date: 6/12/13

Plans for home charging: Sticking with 120V for now. My commute is ~35 miles round trip M,W,T,F. There is Blink station at work, but I am hoping to not have to use it often...
Great deal.....seems to me. :)

I just drove my new Leaf home today but had to leave the paperwork with the dealer (as they have to drive all the way to my house to get my husband to sign it because he didn't come with me) .... so I don't have all the numbers (I'll update when I do)... But I can share what I have so far....

State : Georgia
Metro area/city : Atlanta

Color/trim: Silver/SV
Options: LED Package
Accessories: Ummm not sure ;-) There is a cargo organizer in the trunk and it does have floor mats.... so I think those are accessories

Total MSRP+destination charge:
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license):
Additional fees:
Purchase or lease?: Lease

Not sure on the above until I get all the paperwork - but I know it's $255/mo for a 24 month lease with $1890 down (tax and first month's payment) for 15K miles per year. So my math is: $255 x 23 = $5865 + $1890 = $7755 - $5000 GA tax credit = $2755 for a two year 15K lease ;-)

Date/time of reservation: June 19, 2013 - drove it off the lot same day

Dealer: Nalley Nissan in Decatur GA

Delivery date: June 19, 2013 - drove it off the lot same day

Plans for home charging: Buying a GE Watts Station (30 amp) charger from Home Depot and having an electrician install it. Until then good old 110 overnight.

I am super excited as my husband and I have been drooling over electric cars since the EV-1.... and since I won't let him get a Tesla ;-) this is the "next best thing." I welcome all suggestions/comments/help on getting the most out of our new car!

State: Minnesota
Metro area/city: Minneapolis

Color/trim: Silver SV
Options: LED Package, Quick Charge, cargo net, safety package,
Accessories: All-season mats (Minnesota winters are hell on mats)

Total MSRP+destination charge: 34,695
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 32,780
Total discount (or markup): 1,915
Additional fees: 399
Purchase or lease?: Leased, 39 month, 12k miles, $320/month, $2k down.
Dealer: Kline Nissan
Delivery date: Drove it off the lot today.

Plans for home charging: We only have 120v in the garage now, trying to figure out what to do at the moment. EVSEUpgrade.com looks like a good deal to me compared to a wall charger unit.

Damn, after reading this, did I get taken at the dealer? I thought I did okay with the truecar / amex pricing but hell you guys got some good deals.

State : New York
Metro area/city : Wappingers Falls (Dutchess County)

Color/trim: Mettallic Slate / Black / SV
Options: No options. We passed on the quick charge port...We figure that by the time there are enough quick charge stations here in the North East to truly change our driving habits, we'll be on our 2nd EV.

Accessories: Splash Guards & Floor/Cargo Mats

Total MSRP+destination charge: $32,985
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $31,000

I tip my hat to everyone who looks at the new-car-buying-experience as a challenge. To me...the process is the equivalent of getting a Novocain-Free root canal. We opted for the relatively hassle-free TrueCar pricing, which came in at factory invoice price. We're looking forward to the Federal rebate at year's end, but there's nothing at the state level (New York hates EV's).

Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Date/time of reservation: Deposit was placed with the dealer on April 20, 2013. Not certain when the factory order was accepted.

Production month was June 2013

Dealer: Poughkeepsie Nissan, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

Delivery date: 7/13/13

Plans for home charging: Siemens Versacharge 30 Amp Charger (bottom fed) - Receptacle installed inside and outside of garage for maximum parking options. Will most likely keep the Leaf outdoors during the summer months, and in the garage during the winter. Bottom fed charger will provide flexibility in moving between the two locations.

State : MD
Metro area/city : DC 'burbs

Color/trim: Ocean Blue S
Options: Charger Package; Floor mats
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge: $31,120
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $28,320
Total discount (or markup): $2,800
Additional fees: $200 (doc prep)
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Dealer:
Delivery date: 7/15/13

Plans for home charging: L2 station TBD

Hello, Just got my new Leaf this weekend!

State : Georgia
Metro area/city : Atlanta

Color/trim: Ocean Blue SV
Options: Quick Charge / LED package
Accessories: Floor mats

Total MSRP+destination charge: $34,470
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $30,914
Total discount (or markup): ~$1,600 under invoice (per info on this site)
Additional fees: $56 county tax
Purchase or lease?: Lease - $258/mo (before GA Ad Valorem* for comparison); $353 including Ad Valorem
Lease Terms: 24month, 15k miles/yr
Lease Cost: ~$0.21/mile / ~$0.28/mile with ad valorem

Dealer: Capital City Nissan / Matt Stice

Delivery date: 07/12/2013

Plans for home charging: 120v trickle charging; Level 2 available at work; Level 3 at Corporate Ofc :D

As of April 2013, GA residents basically "prepay" their tag for the vehicle life when they purchase or lease a vehicle. Of course, this is paid every time the vehicle changes hands... Great if you keep a vehicle 10 years, awful if you lease for 2 years :(

I'm feeling sick to my stomach and I hope someone here can help. I see that others leased for about the same total price, but their quoted lease payments are much less than mine. Was this a horrible deal? Do others generally post a lease monthly payment not including taxes? I just don't understand.

Here are the details of my contract, leased 2 days ago. I got $1000 off the asking price:

http://i.imgur.com/Mp6KDtn.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back