Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
Any special reason to have separate circuits for the Blink and the EVSE upgrade?

Not really. But I do want a separate circuit for the brewing stuff (120/240V 30A) and the charging circuit. And I only have one 240V slot left in the main panel, even converting every breaker to double breakers.

And eventually if things work out I will probably end up with a PHEV as our second car; would be nice to not have to rewire the panel again at that point.

And yet again, my LEAF has been delayed. Now pushed back to May 15, 2012. I should just quit looking at the dashboard.

EDIT: Well, I didn't quit looking at the dashboard, and they delayed it again... week of May 16. But my dealer just got an identical color, identical trim orphan LEAF. Not an identical price though- they are asking over $36K for it.

EDIT: And delayed again, week of May 18th...

EDIT: Got an email saying the delivery time changed, checked the dashboard, now it says May 16th. :)

State : Washington
Metro area/city : Seattle suburb, I work for Microsoft.

Color/trim: Red
Options: SL

Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Dealer: Campbell Nissan

Delivery date: May 7,2012

Plans for home charging: EV Project seems on track...Blink.

It seems like this has been a long trip, but I guess it has been pretty brief, compared to what some have experienced. I had been wanting to get a Nissan LEAF for over a year, but only recently thought it would be possible. I wanted it to be a cheap as possible, so I was going to order a SV. However, I found out that I could only get a free EVSE if I had a quick charger. After quite a few people on the forum told me I really ought to get an SL after all, I ordered a blue ocean SL on 5-12-12. To save money, I ordered one without any other options (such as floor mats). Then, I checked the LEAF site daily, waiting for the delivery status to change from "pending" to something a little more concrete. I had heard of others who had gotten their leaf in as little as a month and a half. In the meantime, Ecotality had an electrician come out to do my home assessment to see if I would qualify for the free EVSE. He said it looked fine and that I should easily qualify. Still, the weeks went by, and my delivery status never changed. On a whim, I went online and tried to see if I could get the Costco discount. No dice, by the way...no AZ dealers currently offer the LEAF as part of the Costco program. While poking around, I had accidentally selected "JUKE" instead of "LEAF" on the Costco website, and got a call from my awesome dealer Trudy Varin at Avondale Nissan. "Um...so did you decide to swich on me and get a JUKE instead? I thought you had your heart set on the LEAF?" My mistake! I assured her that I had no interest in the JUKE, and still was waiting (not very patiently) for my LEAF. Well, I swear that Trudy is just as excited about LEAFs as I am, so we got to talking about a blue SV that they had in stock. The trouble was, it had floor mats, and I didn't want to pay for floor mats. I was going to save a bit and buy some aftermarket ones. She clearly picked up on my impatience, and told me she would just sell me the one they had on the floor and throw in the floor mats for free, if I would like. The next day, I got a bonus check from my work. Needless to say, the family and I drove out that evening to pick up the car. That night, I went back onto the Nissan LEAF website to find the Carwings link. You can imagine my surprise when TWO LEAFs showed up on my account. Checking the delivery status of my order (which we were going to cancel), it said "Estimated delivery week of June 21" WHOOPS! Well, I can't complain. I still have my blue SL LEAF, I just got it 3 weeks earlier and got free floor mats! So, if any of you are looking for a blue SL in the Phoenix area, Trudy just might have one for you in a few weeks!

Last night I checked the Nissan web site to see if my delivery date was still "Pending" and was delighted to see that I now have an estimated delivery date (week of June 22). I thought I was supposed to get an email when the delivery date was no longer pending, but I didn't receive an email. Oh well.

I called the salesperson at my local Nissan dealer, and asked if that meant the week *ending* June 22 or the week *beginning* June 22. He said it could be either, but for some (most?) customers at their dealership, the actual delivery date turned out to be earlier than the estimated delivery date. So, it looks like my order-to-delivery interval will be about a month and a half.

Time to get busy installing my EVSE!

State : MI
Metro area/city : TOLEDO/OH (Live near the Border)

Color/trim: Ocean Blue
Options: Stock
Accessories: Stock

Total MSRP+destination charge: MSRP
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license):
Total discount (or markup):
Additional fees: NONE
Purchase or lease?: LEASE

Date/time of reservation: March 2012
Designated order month:
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): WHEN NATIONWIDE ORDERING STARTED
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: GERWICK NISSAN

Delivery date: JUNE 14th

Plans for home charging: LEVEL II LEVITRON ESVE

Nissan pushed my delivery back by several weeks form original date on Website, I knew more about process than dealer, but great experience so far.

State : CA
Metro area/city :
Inland Empire/Redlands
Color/trim: Blue/SL
Options:Stock
Accessories:Stock

Total MSRP+destination charge:38795
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license):38395
Total discount (or markup):400
Additional fees:
Purchase or lease?:Lease

Date/time of reservation:
Designated order month:
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):

Dealer:Metro Nissan Redlands

Delivery date:6-28-2012

Plans for home charging:120v, plan to install Schneider Electric EVlink in garage eventually.

Car was on the lot, easy staff to deal with, went golfing with sales agent to celebrate! Love my blue leaf, thanks to Abasile for his detailed notes on the trip to his house, my sister has a cabin 1000 yards from him! Chatted with his lovely wife--my sister is green, but now I'm greener!

"$389 for 39 months, with $2000 down and 1st month's payment due at signing.."

Why is this even considered a 'Deal' ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Fourth of July LEAF SL Special Offer
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:54:28 -0500

Good morning,

Courtesy Nissan has a special offer for your Fourth of July celebration.

You have shown interest in the LEAF - and the deal we have for you will not be better any time this season. This price is not being advertised and is only available to existing customers.

Take delivery of an in stock Nissan LEAF SL this week and drive away at $389 for 39 months, with $2000 down and 1st month's payment due at signing, subject only to financing approval by Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation and certain residency requirements.

Click on the link and pick from the five Nissan LEAF SL models we have in stock:

http://www.courtesynissan.com/search/New+Nissan+Leaf+tmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <https://gp1dcfe-b.group1auto.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.courtesynissan.com/search/New%2BNissan%2BLeaf%2BtmM

Make an appointment to rediscover the LEAF and take care of the necessary paperwork for delivery. Financing may also include the installation of a home charging station for an additional monthly amount - check for details if you want to include this in your lease payment.

I delivered 16 LEAF models with the first launch - with the help of the Business Director a protection package was offered that many of my customers decided to purchase. I am offering you the same opportunity.

The package included a 5 year / 75,000 mile Gold Preferred Nissan Security+Plus Vehicle Protection Plan and a 5 year / 75000 mile Nissan Maintenance+Plus Schedule 1 Plan. the cost is a flat $3400. This package allows for a worry free ownership experience:

I've been watching prices and I'm furious about this - because it means I bought too soon.
This is a quote from local dealership.
So far as I can tell this is a new car with nothing wrong with it.
AVAILABLE NOW, I can't buy it because I already bought one....

State : NJ
Metro area/city : New Brunswick / North Plainfield

Options: None
Accessories:None

Total MSRP+destination charge: $28,789
Total discount (or markup): $10k discount
Additional fees: $600

Designated order month:

Dealer: North Plainfield Nissan, NJ

Delivery date: At dealership, I believe.

Plans for home charging:

I am really mad about this price because it means my leaf has depreciated $2k / month since I bought it in February!

Did they wrap in the Tax Credit? Is that pre-owned and thus does not qualify for the tax credit? Is it a 2011 which was $1,900 cheaper than the 2012 with nothing changed except disabling the VSD button though may not include the Cold Weather Trim? Don't get angry until you know the whole story.

SolarPoweredLeaf said:
I've been watching prices and I'm furious about this - because it means I bought too soon.

Designated order month:

Plans for home charging:

I am really mad about this price because it means my leaf has depreciated $2k / month since I bought it in February!

Oh no no no. Spread the word around. It's not new despite their claims. I was about to drive up 60 miles to North Plainfield Nissan to purchase one because the internet salesperson was so convincing..... Offer good 2 day only,etc. But as the saying goes .... "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"

Ask for the vin number, if it matches any of the two listed here then its used.
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Nissan-Leaf-New-York-d2077_L22938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lucky for me, I did some more digging and found the vins and carfax reports. These cars wont qualify for rebates Fed or in PA. In fact both originated from PA. The reputation of this dealer is really poor. I did not even bother with them and got myself a real great deal from a reputable dealer in PA instead.

Spread the word. Doubt if North Plainfield is even a certified leaf dealer. Those are the only two Leafs in their online inventory.

Don't get too mad. Leaf is still the cheapest EV in its class now. Resale value will probably drop if 2013 price drops though. Oh well.
TimeHorse said:
Did they wrap in the Tax Credit? Is that pre-owned and thus does not qualify for the tax credit? Is it a 2011 which was $1,900 cheaper than the 2012 with nothing changed except disabling the VSD button though may not include the Cold Weather Trim? Don't get angry until you know the whole story.

SolarPoweredLeaf said:

Designated order month:

Plans for home charging:

Got a call from Nissan Customer Support. They claim that the vehicles are NOT titled previously and are therefore eligible for rebate, are from a dealership in Virginia that went under and are being priced to move - dealer is willing to take a loss. Personally, I think they are misinformed and I explained about the carfax report that you mentioned, I will post again when I hear back from them again.

SolarPoweredLeaf said:
Got a call from Nissan Customer Support. They claim that the vehicles are NOT titled previously and are therefore eligible for rebate, are from a dealership in Virginia that went under and are being priced to move - dealer is willing to take a loss. Personally, I think they are misinformed and I explained about the carfax report that you mentioned, I will post again when I hear back from them again.

Which dealership? I know Nissan of Chantilly had a bunch but I'm pretty sure they're not having trouble per se but also their and all the Northern Virginia dealers are pretty much stocked with at least a couple LEAFs. But there are no discounts here for EVs. The sales tax is 3% but that's for all cars, not just EVs.

State : WA
Metro area/city : Seattle

Color/trim: Brilliant Silver
Accessories: none

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,250
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $37,250/$37,250
Total discount (or markup): none
Additional fees: none
Purchase or lease?: lease

Walked into dealership on 6/10/12
Drove home with my new Leaf 6/10/12

Dealer: Car Pro's Nissan

Delivery date: 6/10/12

Plans for home charging: Trickle

Signed last evening for a 2012 SL with $39k MSRP (including mats and tinting). Lease was for 39 months and 15k miles per year, with $3,000 down and 38 payments of $289+tax or about $309/month. Residual value was about $16.7k.

Any thoughts? I'll take possession end of the week. Thanks.

State : CA
Metro area/city : Inland Empire / Rialto

Color/trim: Cayenne Red
Accessories: Quick Charge

Total MSRP+destination charge: $38,912
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $33,912
Total discount (or markup): 5,000 off MSRP, $7,500 Fed tax credit, $2500 CA EV Rebate
Additional fees: None
Purchase or lease?: Lease

Date/time of reservation: 7/20/12
Designated order month: 7/20/12

Dealer: Fontana Nissan

Delivery date: 7/20/12

Plans for home charging: Trickle charger at first then move over to a Level 2.

We had a good experience at Nissan of Bellevue, Washington. They claim to have over 100 Leafs in stock. We saw over 20 lined up on one level of their parking garage...

State : WA
Metro area/city : Bellevue

Color/trim: Silver / SV
Options: SV Default
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge: 34995
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 34995
Total discount (or markup): 1000 'charger credit'
Additional fees:
Purchase or lease?: Lease - 12K mileage/yr allowance.

Dealer: Bellevue Nissan

Purchase & Delivery date: 8/25/2012

Plans for home charging: Ecotality charger, or Open EVSE, trickle charger till then

Lease Details:
Lease Term: 24 months @ 213.70 per month
Gross Cap Cost: 35595.50
Cap Cost Reduction: 10248.97 (7500 fed tax rebate, 1000 charger allowance, 2500 down, -title, -reg, -b&o, -doc fee, -1st month)
Adj. Cap Cost 25346.53
Residual value: 21007.60
Money Factor: .00071

Never having had an electric or even hybrid before, and with a better charging rate coming in 2013, and who knows what in battery range/technology in 2014, we opted for the 2 year lease; We looked at Leafs last year, but at that time we only had 2 household drivers, and the 100ish mile range wouldn't work. With our eldest just licensed and driving her own hand-me-down beater, the driving load on this vehicle (replacing a Honda mini-van) will hopefully be reduced enough to make this work.

This is a very good deal compared to what I got for a 24 month lease for a 2011 SV at $450/month and no money down.

But off course when I bought this in April, there was none of this massive discounts off MSRP, that seems to be norm now.

Back