Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
Here's the article:

And here is the only reference to LEAF demand in Oregon:

Oregon consumers, local experts say, haven't been beating the bushes to get their hands on a Nissan Leaf, the only mass-produced, all-electric vehicle currently on the market.

Overall, they hit it right on the head with this story and as long as ECOtality keeps slacking off we will only see more of these stories. Unfortunately the article doesn't go into the DC Quick Charge network the state is building separate from ECOtality's and what the status of that is, but it's a step to holding ECOtality accountable.

While the rest of the article might have "hit it right on the head" the quoted segment about LEAF missed the mark by a long (electric) mile!

HIOJim said:
I heard that the EV Project wanted ~800 participants in the Portland metro area but only got something like 400. So there might be some truth to the article.

Personally, I hear a lot of interest in the Leaf from people but most 'freeze reaching for their wallets'.

I actually know of two people who are ready and willing to buy one right now. I don't think Nissan has any left for this year's allocation.

patrick0101 said:
greenwayleaf said:
Congratulations. Looks just like mine! :D
Including mine, there are 6 Leafs at my work. Mine is the only one with the "Zero Emission" logo. Did any other of you Portlanders get it? My anecdotal evidence suggests that a low percentage of vehicles have this.

Actually mine has it as well. I'm not sure it was worth the extra money, but oh well.

greenwayleaf said:
HIOJim said:
I heard that the EV Project wanted ~800 participants in the Portland metro area but only got something like 400. So there might be some truth to the article.

Personally, I hear a lot of interest in the Leaf from people but most 'freeze reaching for their wallets'.

I actually know of two people who are ready and willing to buy one right now. I don't think Nissan has any left for this year's allocation.
I may be selling my LEAF as soon as I receive it. IF I ever receive it! Nissan has worked my last nerve in too many ways. I have had the blink installed already so I need to contact Ecotality and learn what my legal obligations are. Not sure if the charger can be returned or if I am legally obligated to keep the LEAF until the EV project is completed. I will know more Monday. I should have just bought the Tesla Sedan like I had intended.

dyhopper said:
A silver LEAF with Pacific Wonderland plates parked next to me at Old Spaghetti Factory tonight.
That has to be DarkStar, right?
Yep! The wife and I decided to grab some dinner and go see the new Pirates move. Unfortunately we figured out that none of the showtimes at Evergreen worked for us, so we ended up having to drive over to Movies on TV.

BTW, the movie was a lot better than the 2nd one, but not as good as the 1st. :D

healy100 said:
I may be selling my LEAF as soon as I receive it. IF I ever receive it! Nissan has worked my last nerve in too many ways. I have had the blink installed already so I need to contact Ecotality and learn what my legal obligations are. Not sure if the charger can be returned or if I am legally obligated to keep the LEAF until the EV project is completed. I will know more Monday. I should have just bought the Tesla Sedan like I had intended.
When you notify ECOtality, they'll just come pick up the EVSE. Basically, the EVSE belongs to them until December 31, 2012 and if you use it with your Leaf until then, it is yours to keep, otherwise they get to take it back.

DarkStar said:
...When you notify ECOtality, they'll just come pick up the EVSE. Basically, the EVSE belongs to them until December 31, 2012 and if you use it with your Leaf until then, it is yours to keep, otherwise they get to take it back.
What about the ~$1200 they contributed to its installation?

HIOJim said:
DarkStar said:
...When you notify ECOtality, they'll just come pick up the EVSE. Basically, the EVSE belongs to them until December 31, 2012 and if you use it with your Leaf until then, it is yours to keep, otherwise they get to take it back.
What about the ~$1200 they contributed to its installation?
The contract does state that installation needs to be repaid. They must just write it off...

patrick0101 said:
greenwayleaf said:
Congratulations. Looks just like mine! :D
Including mine, there are 6 Leafs at my work. Mine is the only one with the "Zero Emission" logo. Did any other of you Portlanders get it? My anecdotal evidence suggests that a low percentage of vehicles have this.

I didn't get it but saw a red LEAF (again) this morning on 125th heading toward Southridge high school. I was waiting at the bus stop, and spotted the logo on the side of the car!

Here is a shot of my car charging up in Hillsboro this afternoon:
248020_1993631171573_1567249303_2141056_2229704_n.jpg

Here is a shot of my car charging up in Hillsboro this afternoon:
Very encouraging to see. This is finally becoming a reality and a practical option. Do you get much reaction from people when they see you plugging in?

healy100 said:
Do you get much reaction from people when they see you plugging in?
I have not. I was not there very long and it was raining. I have given about 20 people rides and test drives at work though and 2 of them are now on the list. My wife has had a lot of questions from the other parents when dropping our daughter off at school.

There were 3 Leafs, an i MiEV, and a Yaris EV conversion at PIR today for the Human Powered Vehicles and Electrathon event. I will post a couple pictures soon. It is going on tomorrow too, but I don't know if the EVs will be there.
http://bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3915

patrick0101 said:
There were 3 Leafs, an i MiEV, and a Yaris EV conversion at PIR today for the Human Powered Vehicles and Electrathon event. I will post a couple pictures soon. It is going on tomorrow too, but I don't know if the EVs will be there.
http://bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3915
The i MiEV was interesting to drive. I'm curious how the U.S. spec version turns out, but the price will definitely have to be competitive to get people to buy it. The JDM spec version has a 85 mile LA4 range which will probably be looked at as it's biggest downside...

Otherwise I loved answering questions about my Leaf and even gave a couple of people rides in it. Positive responses all around!

patrick0101 said:
There were 3 Leafs, an i MiEV, and a Yaris EV conversion at PIR today for the Human Powered Vehicles and Electrathon event.
Here are the 3 Leafs and the i.
249849_10150191626228020_138510433019_7100181_7566498_n.jpg

The other 97 pictures can be seen here: http://goo.gl/bpYla

A marketing friend of mine says we should change our name to the acronym PLUG - Portland Leaf Users Group.

:D

PS. Getting my charger installed tomorrow!

GinkoLeaf said:
A marketing friend of mine says we should change our name to the acronym PLUG - Portland Leaf Users Group. :D
That is a great idea. The Portland Linux Users Group uses the PLUG name too, but I think there is still room for us to use it.

patrick0101 said:
GinkoLeaf said:
A marketing friend of mine says we should change our name to the acronym PLUG - Portland Leaf Users Group. :D
That is a great idea. The Portland Linux Users Group uses the PLUG name too, but I think there is still room for us to use it.

"PLUG" for an eV group seems more appropo, but I'm sure there can be multiple meanings for it. Incidentally, the same format wouldn't work for Seattle :lol:

i just notice on Plugshare that there is a Level 3 Chademo charger listed in Tualatin, 700 Mohawk Dr. Have any of you Portlanders seen this/used this charger?

Back