Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same call, (only call I have ever gotten) from Nissan. Said car was to be on train on May 16th. Dashboard at that time went from May 5th to June 3rd. Today it went to June 6th. Got an email saying that it was changing. I have no idea what all of this means. But Nissan has contacted me either through email or by the 1 phone call, 4 times since the 12th of May. I am hoping that everybody's wait will soon be over. I wish those whom I have gotten ahead of will get their car soon.

downeykp said:
I wish those whom I have gotten ahead of will get their car soon.

That could be part of everyone's frustration. When I took delivery of my Leaf last Wed. the dealer told me that Nissan is now trying hard to bring some order to the chaotic delivery process. Hang in there guys, it is well worth the wait!

Well, I've had a 300% increase in Leaf sightings over the last 24 hours, so it looks like things are starting to move! :D

Yesterday, I saw a Silver Leaf turning from Hall Blvd. onto Schools Ferry Road at about 5:45pm (I don't think there were any plates on the car yet).

This morning I had a Red Leaf pull up beside me at the Tualatin PGE Charging Station. We chatted for a bit before he had to go inside to work.

Driving from the Tualatin EVSE to West Linn, I saw a White Leaf driving in the opposite direction on Willamette Falls Drive. I flashed my lights and waved and they flashed their lights back. Definitely got noticed! :D

Pretty awesome seeing all of them driving around!

Just finished a chat with Jasmine @ 6:31AM PDT. She said that my car was indeed on a train heading north. I am hoping that this is true.
If it is there are probably many that will be delivered up the line in the next two weeks. She said mine should be to dealer in Olympia, WA by the end of the month.

our dashboard stated May 18th, and at 12:00, my husband left me a voicemail stating that our car (black, EV project) is at the dealership, in Wilsonville, and ready for us to pick up! Hurray! do we buy one of the extended warranties?

maple said:
do we buy one of the extended warranties?

Keep in mind the car has a 5 year/50000 mile warranty on the power train, and 8 year/100000 mile warranty on the battery. Not sure if extended warranty is worth it. The salesman at Hillsboro thought it wasn't worth it. Now, that says a lot!

maple said:
our dashboard stated May 18th, and at 12:00, my husband left me a voicemail stating that our car (black, EV project) is at the dealership, in Wilsonville, and ready for us to pick up! Hurray! do we buy one of the extended warranties?

If you do buy a warranty check out Santa Rosa Nissan. They have real low rates.
Here is the pricing for the Security+Plus plans you were looking at. All pricing included in this email assumes the vehicle has less than 12,000 miles and includes a $50 deductible. To receive pricing for a $0 deductible plan please log into the site using the user name and password provided. Also, all plans qualify for Nissan's 0% APR payment plan. It's simple, put 10% down and Nissan will bill the remaining balance over 17 months, interest free.

You can also login to Store Access for more information and to purchase the plan. Once we receive your order we will send you the applicable paperwork.

Buy Now
Or purchase over the phone by calling: 800-558-6403

For Security+Plus plans there is an additional fee of $75 for vehicles that have more then 12,000 miles.

For QualityGuard+Plus plans the mileage is determined differently. You'll want to login into the site to find the pricing for these plans.
Quote:

Buy Now

1. LEAF Gold Preferred 36 Month 45,000 Mile Coverage: $287.00
2. LEAF Gold Preferred 39 Month 49,000 Mile Coverage: $303.00
3. LEAF Gold Preferred 42 Month 53,000 Mile Coverage: $333.00
4. LEAF Gold Preferred 48 Month 48,000 Mile Coverage: $336.00
5. LEAF Gold Preferred 36 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $368.00
6. LEAF Gold Preferred 48 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $548.00
7. LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $571.00
8. LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 75,000 Mile Coverage: $591.00
9. LEAF Gold Preferred 72 Month 75,000 Mile Coverage: $711.00
10. LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $755.00
11. LEAF Gold Preferred 84 Month 70,000 Mile Coverage: $824.00
12. LEAF Gold Preferred 72 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $831.00
13. LEAF Gold Preferred 84 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $1,084.00
14. LEAF Gold Preferred 96 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $1,134.00

Buy Now

Buy Now

You can also contact us at 800-558-6403.

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to earn your business.

Sincerely,

E-Commerce Department
Nissan of Santa Rosa
1275 Santa Rosa Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Thank you for your business.

maple said:
do we buy one of the extended warranties?
I don't recommend the extended warranty. So little of the vehicle is covered after the factory warranty period, it doesn't make sense to pay the additional money "now" for the coverage "later."

When our factory warranties are getting close to expiring will be the time to determine if we should buy an extended warranty, not right now though.

I got my car today, blue with the works:
229117_1975425436441_1567249303_2115251_4049808_n.jpg

On the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association mailing list, someone mentioned some issues with a Shorepower charging station and another list member mentioned that they weren't even sure if the Shorepower EVSE was functioning properly.

I decided to put together a quick video at the Tualatin PGE Charging Station (a Shorepower unit) to describe how it functions and a couple of troubleshooting tips:

http://vimeo.com/23917416

I was at the charging station this morning and someone came up to me and mentioned that the video is going around PGE's internal mailing lists too... Maybe I'll have to get back into producing videos again! :D

greenwayleaf said:
Congratulations. Looks just like mine! :D
Including mine, there are 6 Leafs at my work. Mine is the only one with the "Zero Emission" logo. Did any other of you Portlanders get it? My anecdotal evidence suggests that a low percentage of vehicles have this.

patrick0101 said:
greenwayleaf said:
Congratulations. Looks just like mine! :D
Including mine, there are 6 Leafs at my work. Mine is the only one with the "Zero Emission" logo. Did any other of you Portlanders get it? My anecdotal evidence suggests that a low percentage of vehicles have this.
Mine won't have it either, though I confess it looks good on your car. Not so sure it would look as nice on silver...

Didn't order logo myself.

BTW (thread hijack??) anyone see today's article in the Oregonian about lack of public chargers AND lack of Oregon orders for the Leaf? I suppose they want/need to make things 'newsworthy' but the suggestion there is not a lot of interest in the Leaf here ticked me off a bit. Would we expect to have thousands of orders for a car not in dealer showrooms?

Or maybe it is just my frustration in having reserved a car 13 months ago and still not getting it . . . . :D

mpr said:
...Would we expect to have thousands of orders for a car not in dealer showrooms?
I heard that the EV Project wanted ~800 participants in the Portland metro area but only got something like 400. So there might be some truth to the article.

Personally, I hear a lot of interest in the Leaf from people but most 'freeze reaching for their wallets'.

mpr said:
[...]anyone see today's article in the Oregonian about lack of public chargers AND lack of Oregon orders for the Leaf?[...]
Here's the article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2011/05/oregons_electric_vehicle_goals.html

And here is the only reference to LEAF demand in Oregon:

Oregon consumers, local experts say, haven't been beating the bushes to get their hands on a Nissan Leaf, the only mass-produced, all-electric vehicle currently on the market.
The article is really about ECOtality and them wasting taxpayer time and money fulfilling their contract with the federal government to install charging stations throughout the country. That single statement has zero information to back it up and I quickly glanced over it to focus on the guts of the story.

Overall, they hit it right on the head with this story and as long as ECOtality keeps slacking off we will only see more of these stories. Unfortunately the article doesn't go into the DC Quick Charge network the state is building separate from ECOtality's and what the status of that is, but it's a step to holding ECOtality accountable.

Back