Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenwayleaf said:
Dashborad now says May 13th. Hopefully, the delivery won't be on Friday the 13th!
I'm afraid to check my dashboard now. Who knows what it will say. Ok here I go to get the bad news.

DarkStar said:
greenwayleaf said:
Dashborad now says May 13th. Hopefully, the delivery won't be on Friday the 13th!
It's only bad if your VIN is also 666. In that case, I would just pick it up on May 14th. :D

Luckily the VIN ends in 477, so no worries. :) At this point I'm not sure if these updates on the dashboard mean anything at all. :?

FWIW, I got mine (vin 887) last Wed here in Corvallis. Saturday, I drove up to McMinnville, charged for an hour at Nissan, then to the fast charger at WTC for a half hour charge, then up to Battle Ground, dinner with a friend, then back to the WTC for another half hour charge, then back to McMinnville...where it would have been a 2hr charge if the dealer had left the power on to the charger like they said they would. So it was a hotel room and then a charge Sunday while visiting a friend there (and a brief discussion with the manager about the fact that they are critical infrastructure at the moment), then back to Corvallis. 234 EV miles in one trip, well beyond what I thought would be possible for about a year (when the fast charge infrastructure goes in). I'm a little dubious about that though, as I now think 65-70mph freeway range is going to be a little short of the 50 mile spacing: 60mph will get you run over on the freeway... I still love the car though, it's plenty for the vast majority of my driving...

Thank you for the report on traveling the I-5 corridor. I will be attempting a 71 mile drive from Hood River to WTC to recharge and shop when I began Leafing around. We will see if I have to travel on the historic highway to/from Portland.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I will be attempting a 71 mile drive from Hood River to WTC to recharge and shop when I began Leafing around. We will see if I have to travel on the historic highway to/from Portland.

Yes, my trip was on 99W (except for I-5 from Portland to the Battle Ground exit going north; I took surface streets going back to see how much difference it made --- not a lot for that short)

greenwayleaf said:
Lynza said:
I'm now at "week of May 10th" so I've pretty much given up at this point. It'll get here when it gets here.
Indeed. Today the dashboard changed from 10th to 11th!

I'm giving up, too. Changed from
May 6 -> 10 -> 13 in 3 days. At this rate, by May 1, scheduled delivery should be around mid June...

In some of the other threads, users are reporting that they've been notified that their cars have been released from Long Beach. My guess is that the dates will change a bunch as the "service bulletin" is applied on the vehicles, but with some luck hopefully those dates move up!

DarkStar said:
In some of the other threads, users are reporting that they've been notified that their cars have been released from Long Beach. My guess is that the dates will change a bunch as the "service bulletin" is applied on the vehicles, but with some luck hopefully those dates move up!
My date has been set to May 6th for more than 6 weeks. I've talked to CS as well as my PD but they both claim to have no information on what my car's status is. It would be interesting to know when cars start arriving in the PDX area....

I was notified yesterday that my Blink charger will be installed shortly so that corresponds with my LEAF delivery date of May 2nd. I'm assuming Nissan told them my car is being delivered within the next 2 weeks but I Still haven't received a confirmation from Nissan or the dealer.Time to clean out the garage I guess and cross my fingers.

It seems like wait times continue to be all over the place. I reserved 4/28/10 and could only order 12/10 and got moved from April to May to July 2011 for "order status". Yet I have a shiny new Blink charger as of today sitting in my garage! Wish I had something to charge with it . . . .;(

useopenid said:
healy100 said:
I Still haven't received a confirmation from Nissan or the dealer.

Yup, I didn't hear much of anything from the dealer until he called to say "it's here, you can come pick it up tomorrow"
Well I don't like last minute surprises so that will be fun. If you don't mind me asking who did you buy from? My dealer is Wilsonville Nissan.

mpr said:
It seems like wait times continue to be all over the place. I reserved 4/28/10 and could only order 12/10 and got moved from April to May to July 2011 for "order status". Yet I have a shiny new Blink charger as of today sitting in my garage! Wish I had something to charge with it . . . .;(
. I understood that Ecotality only installed the blink after being notified by Nissan that a customers LEAF was ready to be delivered.

healy100 said:
mpr said:
. I understood that Ecotality only installed the blink after being notified by Nissan that a customers LEAF was ready to be delivered.

Yeah, that's what they initially said, but that doesn't seem to be true anymore. :roll:

Mikiko will be sporting some awesome license plates this weekend. I'll be at the Tesla event tomorrow morning and I'm sure I'll be asked a bunch about the LEAF. If you see me, feel free to say "hi!"

5643057685_8af72f6c69_z.jpg

DarkStar said:
Mikiko will be sporting some awesome license plates this weekend. I'll be at the Tesla event tomorrow morning and I'm sure I'll be asked a bunch about the LEAF. If you see me, feel free to say "hi!"

5643057685_8af72f6c69_z.jpg
Cool juxtaposition of the retro Pacific Wonderland Oregon plates on a brand new cutting edge electric car.

healy100 said:
Cool juxtaposition of the retro Pacific Wonderland Oregon plates on a brand new cutting edge electric car.
Thanks! Back in 2008 I was looking for registered original Pacific Wonderland plates to transfer to our Subaru and found out about the Oregon 150th Anniversary reissue so I decided to just wait for those. My wife didn't really care at all what plates we have on the car and I love supporting local history and museums so the reissued plates were definitely a win-win situation!

Back