Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on finally getting the call Jim. I got my pollen car earlier this month and have been happy with the performance and paint quality.

patrick0101 said:
RasPdx said:
We pick up our Red Leaf at Rustom this evening - very excited!!!!
Congrats!!!

RasPdx said:
I thought I'd start seeing them around the neighborhood (inner SE) but have yet to spot one.
They seem to be clumped on the west side.

Yup, they do seem to be clumped around the west side recently. I live in Cedar Mill and picked up my Black SL on Friday evening from Royal Moore in Hillsboro. Then on Saturday my daughter and I were biking on Saltzman Rd and within 10 minutes of each other we saw a Red and then a Silver LEAF cruise by. My daughter has now created the "LEAF" spotting game to replace our "punch buggie" game we've played for years when on the road. The next day we were testing the LEAF on the hills and curves of Skyline and a Blue one zipped past us, with just enough time for us to acknowledge each other with toots of the Roadrunner-like horns.

I couldn't be happier with the performance of the car and the buying experience with the dealer. Now I just have to figure out how to get the RSS feeds set up, which I've heard you can do!

Congratulations to the latest string of new owners.
Ed

Picked up LineJumper today. The paint was okay, i'd say an 8/10, but it had only been washed by the prep crew and quickly at that as it was still in it's Long Beach plastic when I arrived. This makes me think the 'pollen contamination' was just an excuse, because why would they reapply the plastic?

I have to say, the staff at Wilsonville Nissan were a pleasure to work with. Aside from the late prep work, they were enthusiastic, competent and very professional. Even the finance guy was cool! No pressure on the extended warrantee or other extras, and the prices were close to some of the online deals mentioned here. All in all a great purchasing experience.

Other people have said that getting the car makes you forget the last 13 months of neglect. I never believed them, but now I have to say that they're pretty close to correct. A wonderful car! I am delighted - it's like driving a UFO.

HIOJim said:
Picked up LineJumper today. The paint was okay, i'd say an 8/10, but it had only been washed by the prep crew and quickly at that as it was still in it's Long Beach plastic when I arrived. This makes me think the 'pollen contamination' was just an excuse, because why would they reapply the plastic?

I have to say, the staff at Wilsonville Nissan were a pleasure to work with. Aside from the late prep work, they were enthusiastic, competent and very professional. Even the finance guy was cool! No pressure on the extended warrantee or other extras, and the prices were close to some of the online deals mentioned here. All in all a great purchasing experience.

Other people have said that getting the car makes you forget the last 13 months of neglect. I never believed them, but now I have to say that they're pretty close to correct. A wonderful car! I am delighted - it's like driving a UFO.

Congratulations Jim!! I'm glad you stayed the course. It *IS* sorta like driving a UFO.... now if it could just levitate and fly.

Congratulations Jim. I am so close after waiting so long. It has been almost two years since the LEAF prototype was at OMSI & I got put on the list. I can hardly wait to drive my UFO past the UFO lights of Crown Point rest area, 78 miles from the dealer to Hood River, OR

HIOJim said:
I'm really glad to hear you're delighted, I was really concerned that you wouldn't end up purchasing it! See ya around town! :D

Congrats, Jim. Lets hope all of the bad feelings are gone and you can enjoy new Leaf. Aloha

HIOJim said:

Well it's been a month and a half and I'll have 3000 miles on my Leaf by the two-month mark.

Still in love with the car.

I've been seeing a lot more Leafs on the road. I saw my first blue one yesterday morning but he was on the other side of 26 so I doubt he saw me wave.

I do see a guy in a red Leaf out in Hillsboro on Jackson School Rd, but he always looks at me like I'm an idiot when I wave, so thpppt to him.

If you guys see a curly-headed idiot waving at you from a black Leaf, it's probably me.

I just met John Wayland, owner of a very cool EV drag racer. He saw my Leaf and we started talking about EVs.

I saw another black Leaf this morning and waved, so if you were on the Ross Island bridge, hi!

Two days with my car now and I love it! Can't wait for the charging infrastructure to build out. I had missed this one being built right in my neighborhood earlier this month. Second PDC funded one in Portland with a cool solar canopy with all Oregon sourced parts (Solarworld cells for the panels).

http://portlandobserver.com/?p=9085

Well, got the call. I'll be picking up a blue leaf this Thursday. Took the week off so I'll have fun ramping up on charging & carwings & various buttons. This site has been a big help keeping me sane :shock:

Jim C.

Congratulation to onthewind and eminus. I am sure you are loving / will love your new car.

There is a big EV gathering at Pioneer Courthouse Square this Saturday, July 9th. There will be Leafs, conversions, and other EVs there from 9AM till at least 4PM. It is open to the public, anyone can drop by and check out the EVs and ask questions. The event is put on by the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association and there will be a speaker, Paul Scott, from Plug In America there too.

If you drop-in, I'll be there with my blue Leaf, say hi.

Picked up "Onthewind" today. Joel & the guys at Tonkin Nissan treated me very well with no nonsense. He said they had about a couple of dozen cars show up all at once. Drove home about 15-ish miles and plugged in to start playing. This car is very cool. After driving a Prius the big adjustment was to stop worrying when the engine would start up if I pressed the pedal too hard. I was in D on the freeway and moved to ECO on the offramp. I put a bookmark on my phone and tried the carwings remote climate control. Finally feels like I'm in the 21st century...Good luck to those waiting, its a lot of fun.

Res. 5/15/10
Ord. 1/7/11
Del. 7/7/11

Maiden voyage, 80 miles. I picked up my LEAF from Gladstone Nissan last night, set cc @ 55 mph, about 75 degrees out, no climate control, very little eco, went through the Columbia Gorge, up 800 feet @ the end of my trip to make it home, near the North side of Mt. Hood. I did about 6 miles @ 40 mph. Arrived home with 4 miles range left. This car is going to be the best :)

Tomorrow, Saturday July 9th, is EV Celebration Day at Pioneer Courthouse Square. The Square will be filled with EVs. There will be factory EVs and conversions, BEVs and PHEVs. The event is from 9:30 am till 4:30 pm with speakers starting at 1pm. Special guest, Paul Scott from Plug In America, will be attending and speaking too. This event is put on by the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association. I hope to see you there.

New Blink Network locations!

For those that already have received their Blink Network cards, stations are going up at a frantic rate here in the Portland region. Here are the locations that I'm currently aware of:

• Hillsboro Main Library (2 stations)
  • Hillsboro Stadium (3 stations)
  • Hillsboro Parks & Rec Office (next to stadium) (1 station)
  • Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center, Hillsboro (2 stations)
  • Beaverton City Hall (2 stations)
  • Beaverton Library (3 stations)
  • Wilsonville City Hall (2 stations)
  • Fred Meyer, Wilsonville (2 stations) - I'll be here for lunch on Friday (7/15).
  • World Trade Center, Portland (2 stations) - I know about the one in the garage, but it appears there is one on the street too now.
  • Clark Public Utilities, Vancouver (1 station)
  • Forest Grove City Hall (1 station)

Any other Blink stations popping up? West Linn City Hall should be getting installed extremely soon and I'm told that the AVCON unit at the Hillsdale Library will be replaced with a Blink soon too.

Hey I visited the 2 new Blink stations at the brand new Wilsonville Fred Meyer!

here are some pics I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111447414000753781180/ChargingAtWilsonvilleFredMeyer?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Back