Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 7 days' notice this morning. Do you think I'll be as lucky as you? :D Thinking about calling my guy at Royal Moore to see if he has good news for me.

The empty charger in my garage is breaking my heart.

Lynza said:
I got my 7 days' notice this morning. Do you think I'll be as lucky as you? :D Thinking about calling my guy at Royal Moore to see if he has good news for me.

The empty charger in my garage is breaking my heart.

Congrats to you as well :D . Don't be too disappointed if the e-mail did not pan out. It happened to me, and according to Nissan, a "glitch" may have caused some of these 7-day notices to go out prematurely. But.. let's hope yours is right on. BTW, is Dave your salesman at Royal Moore?

Picked up Mikiko this afternoon and spoke with Joel Fowler there at Wilsonville Nissan and they got 6 LEAFs in yesterday. Two were for Portland General Electric and picked up yesterday, two others went to different municipalities, one was mine, and the other is a Glacier Perl LEAF that is being picked up by its owner tomorrow (Saturday).

You can see the PGE LEAF at the Better Living Show at the Expo Center. If you stop by tomorrow, I'll be in the OEVA booth with my "Wake Up Fully Charged" shirt on. :D

I almost forgot, when you pick up your LEAF, it doesn't matter if you've already arranged financing or not, they'll have you fill-out and sign an application of credit. This kinda made me upset since I already went through this with the credit union and the dealer stated it was required "due to the Patriot Act." That didn't help the situation...

After I calmed down, I decided that I had come to far through this process to walk away and a second ding on my credit report was worth it... Not the best policy, but be prepared and don't get upset by the process like I did.

DarkStar said:
I almost forgot, when you pick up your LEAF, it doesn't matter if you've already arranged financing or not, they'll have you fill-out and sign an application of credit. This kinda made me upset since I already went through this with the credit union and the dealer stated it was required "due to the Patriot Act." That didn't help the situation...

After I calmed down, I decided that I had come to far through this process to walk away and a second ding on my credit report was worth it... Not the best policy, but be prepared and don't get upset by the process like I did.
Congratulations darkstar! Looking forward to reading your posts about your new LEAF. Sounds like your experience may have been a little clouded by the BS at Wilsonville Nissan but thank you for the heads up about the "patriot act" requirements. I'll be researching this so I can go in prepared when I pick my car up. It's supposed to be here in April and I'm paying cash so I expect I'll be asked to fill out a credit application too. Sounds like they caught you off guard.

healy100 said:
DarkStar said:

Congratulations darkstar! Looking forward to reading your posts about your new LEAF. Sounds like your experience may have been a little clouded by the BS at Wilsonville Nissan but thank you for the heads up about the "patriot act" requirements. I'll be researching this so I can go in prepared when I pick my car up. It's supposed to be here in April and I'm paying cash so I expect I'll be asked to fill out a credit application too. Sounds like they caught you off guard.
Yes, I too appreciate this heads-up. There's no way I'm going to fill out another credit report when I arrive with pre-approved financing from First Tech! My shields will be up and phasers charged....

Here is a link relating to the so called "patriot act" requirement. I'll delve into this deeper today and post what I find. http://www.soundmotor.com/

healy100 said:
Here is a link relating to the "patriot act" requirement some dealers have. I'll delve into this deeper today and post what I find. http://www.soundmotor.com/
And another link.http://www.carbuyingtips.com/scams.htm

healy100 said:
healy100 said:
Here is a link relating to the "patriot act" requirement some dealers have. I'll delve into this deeper today and post what I find. http://www.soundmotor.com/
And another link.http://www.carbuyingtips.com/scams.htm
http://caralarm.blogjer.net/2011/03/01/the-scams-new-car-dealerships-love/

Unfortunately, they we're willing to let my wife and I walk away unless we gave them the required info to run the credit checks. We were definitely caught off-guard as I did a lot of work before-hand to make sure we wouldn't have to do that.

I'm still not happy about that part of the sale, however it really only represented about 5% of the actual sale, the other 95% was one our best car buying experiences we've ever had. Unfortunately, that 5% will be what I remember...

I probably will be writing Nissan corporate about that, but they probably encourage it for data-mining purposes.

DarkStar said:
Unfortunately, they we're willing to let my wife and I walk away unless we gave them the required info to run the credit checks. We were definitely caught off-guard as I did a lot of work before-hand to make sure we wouldn't have to do that.

I'm still not happy about that part of the sale, however it really only represented about 5% of the actual sale, the other 95% was one our best car buying experiences we've ever had. Unfortunately, that 5% will be what I remember...

I probably will be writing Nissan corporate about that, but they probably encourage it for data-mining purposes.
Putting the negative experience at Wilsonville Nissan to the side how do you like your new LEAF?

I paid cash and I too was asked By Rustom Nissan to fill out a credit sheet because the "patriot act" required it. I resisted and made a stink about it. They said they would not sell me the car if I didn't. They said dealers who do not comply get into big trouble. I was ready to walk out, standing with coat on, when I decided to go ahead. It left a bad feeling in my gut but I went ahead with the deal. Next time I'm there I am going to get to the bottom of it and contact the State Attorney General.

Granted there is a possibility this is an abuse of power by agents of Homeland Security, so I will endeavor to see the proof.

I was already pre-approved and ready but ended up going through the dealer as it was just easier. Same deal through the same bank. On some brighter news, I decided to go take a picture of my new plates:
releaf_from_gas_sm.jpg

WOOHOO!!!

bowthom said:
I paid cash and I too was asked By Rustom Nissan to fill out a credit sheet because the "patriot act" required it. I resisted and made a stink about it. They said they would not sell me the car if I didn't. They said dealers who do not comply get into big trouble. I was ready to walk out, standing with coat on, when I decided to go ahead. It left a bad feeling in my gut but I went ahead with the deal. Next time I'm there I am going to get to the bottom of it and contact the State Attorney General.

Granted there is a possibility this is an abuse of power by agents of Homeland Security, so I will endeavor to see the proof.[/quote You might find this an interesting read. http://www.drivingthenation.com/?p=446

PDXLeafer said:
I was already pre-approved and ready but ended up going through the dealer as it was just easier. Same deal through the same bank. On some brighter news, I decided to go take a picture of my new plates:
releaf_from_gas_sm.jpg

WOOHOO!!!
Great pic. Love the juxtaposition of your LEAf against the insane gas prices on the reader board and an old gas guzzer car.lol

DarkStar said:

Congrats on your new leaf! I look forward to seeing more leafers on the roads of Oregon!

I did some quick research on the Patriot Act requirements for car purchases. Executive order 13224 seems to be the instigator for the "credit check" which really seems to be a background check with OFAC. You may want to pull your own credit report in a few months from the big three credit bureaus and see if you notice the inquiry. But since millions of vehicles are purchased a year, I doubt there would be any credit score impact.

healy100 said:
Putting the negative experience at Wilsonville Nissan to the side how do you like your new LEAF?
Well, I didn't get to drive it much today since I was at the Expo Center all day for the Better Living Show (talking about electric cars, of course), so my wife got to hot rod around town without me and she said it was a lot of fun.

Tomorrow we get to do our regular weekend duties like grocery shopping and grabbing the mail at the P.O. box, so it will be the start of some regular usage.

In other news, the Blink charged the car without any issues last night and is currently charging the car. Hopefully I don't experience the same lockup issues some others have ran into...

chuffpdx said:
DarkStar said:

Congrats on your new leaf! I look forward to seeing more leafers on the roads of Oregon!

I did some quick research on the Patriot Act requirements for car purchases. Executive order 13224 seems to be the instigator for the "credit check" which really seems to be a background check with OFAC. You may want to pull your own credit report in a few months from the big three credit bureaus and see if you notice the inquiry. But since millions of vehicles are purchased a year, I doubt there would be any credit score impact.
From what I understand the OFAC check is required but the credit check is not if your'e using non dealer financing the dealer cant run a credit check only a OFAC check.

Back