Portland Leaf Owners group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfsquires

Is there any interest in forming a Portland Metro Area Leaf Owners group, now that cars are being delivered? Is anyone going to Thursdays OEVA meeting who would be willing to raise this issue?

I think it would be beneficial for there to be a Nissan LEAF Enthusiasts Group :D within the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association, but I think a separate organization separate from the OEVA would cause too much fragmentation.

DarkStar said:
I think it would be beneficial for there to be a Nissan LEAF Enthusiasts Group :D within the Oregon Electric Vehicle Association, but I think a separate organization separate from the OEVA would cause too much fragmentation.

Chris - will you be at Thursday's meeting and would you bring this up? I have another commitment on Thursday evenings. How would you deal with folks who wanted to be a member of a Leaf Owners SIG, but didn't necessarily want to join the OEVA?

Jim

To start with, you might try just an informal "Branch Gathering" of any LEAF-interested folks.

Pick a convenient date, time, and place, and see who shows up.

Perhaps a popular eating place with sufficient space and parking.

Worst result, you eat alone.

It has worked well here, and in San Diego.

jfsquires said:
Chris - will you be at Thursday's meeting and would you bring this up? I have another commitment on Thursday evenings. How would you deal with folks who wanted to be a member of a Leaf Owners SIG, but didn't necessarily want to join the OEVA?
Membership isn't required at all to attend OEVA meetings. Actually, we love getting curious people into the meetings!

The traditional meeting format is that the cars show up between 6:30 and 7pm and we stand around chatting about them until the meeting starts at 7:30.

The meeting starts with anybody new that wants to introduce themselves, go over the events calendar, then we usually break out into groups if there isn't a primary topic of discussion. It's not very formal, so I would just say if LEAF owners wanted to group together we could! :D I'll ask the Chair, John Christian, if this sounds like an acceptable plan, but I don't see it being an issue at all.

Outside of the OEVA, I agree with Gary that maybe a weekend meetup once a month or so at a restaurant would be fun, but would be much more of a "social-gathering" vs. the more "users-group" meeting that we would have during the OEVA meetings. I would suggest maybe a restaurant in Hillsboro since we have 16 public charging stations within a fairly small area (with one J1772 and one 120v plug that can be used at the same time on each) that could be used.

Hello,
That all sounds good to me. My main problem is my work schedule which has me tied up until 9:00 PM on Thursday nights, I don't make many OEVA meetings.

bowthom said:
Hello,
That all sounds good to me. My main problem is my work schedule which has me tied up until 9:00 PM on Thursday nights, I don't make many OEVA meetings.
That has been my issue for years - very active member of the Oregon Brew Crew up until about a year and a half ago, which meets on the same night as the OEVA. Since then my wife and I started going to music every Thursday night: http://www.debrie.com
However, I would have made an exception if I got my LEAF in time for the last meeting, but that did NOT pan out...

PDXLeafer,
Well............ my students wouldn't like me taking even one night off but I could (cough) pretend to be (cough) sick. ;) The next Thursday eve I have off is spring break 3/24. I'll have my leaf by then I hope. I thought about bugging you for a Leaf fix but figured I'd leafe you alone with your new car ( :mrgreen: envy).

Just a quick heads-up that I may try to put a gathering together for LEAF owners at Hagg Lake in Washington County later in the summer. I asked the parks supervisor for the county if there were outlets available that could be used for electric vehicles and he indicated that something could definitely be worked out! :D

DarkStar said:
Just a quick heads-up that I may try to put a gathering together for LEAF owners at Hagg Lake in Washington County later in the summer. I asked the parks supervisor for the county if there were outlets available that could be used for electric vehicles and he indicated that something could definitely be worked out! :D

That would be cool! I would definately be up for that. Might even try to work in a swim in the lake.

Has this event you discussed in the winter actually taken place? Been scheduled? Been thought about since February? We get ours tonight, and would definitely love to meet other Leaf owners for a social. Might even be willing to drive over to the dark (west) side for it ;)

rich

Back