Poll: who else here came from a high perf car like a 911

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessEV

Or boxster/m3/gtr ?

And decided to keep both?

And hasn't driven anything but their Leaf in their first week of Leaf ownership?

I gave up motorcycle riding for the Leaf. Don't know if that counts or not, but I am willing to sell my bike now - after a couple of months of Leaf ownership, I have no desire to buy gas ever again.

I came from a long history of Porsche 911 ownership and still have two, along with the Leaf, which is largely my wife's car, not mine. I do drive the Leaf at every appropriate opportunity, which is the everyday, around-town, short-range trip. The older, air-cooled 911s cannot even get warmed up enough on a short trip to burn the condensation out of the oil, and it's really not even good for them to drive less than 20 minutes or so at a spirited pace to get oil temps up to 190F or so. The Leaf is also a far more utilitarian body type for hauling passengers, the dog, groceries, etc., and far more comfortable and easy to drive. It just makes more sense in most situations. My wife has not even driven her Miata since getting the Leaf, and is ecstatic to have not visited a gas station since April 1st. :D

As novel, fun, relaxing and quiet as it is, I still need both, though, as the Leaf is quite a sedate car, essentially a big computer on wheels, and it is never going to satisfy me in terms of performance and the "feel" of engagement with the machine, and the connection between road and driver that has been the paradigm of the driving experience for most of my adult life. The Porsche slogan "There is no substitute" still rings true for me, and I am not yet old enough to abandon the excitement of performance driving events for a rocking chair on the porch, though I am getting closer to that day. :cry:

TT

The Leaf and the 911 are like Ying & Yang. Both are tasty.

porscheleaf.jpg

It's a thing of beauty OE.

I have a race prepped 05 GSXR1000 if that helps in the OP's research.

Let's see... Over the years I have owned a M3, a Porsche 911S, a Porsche 944 Turbo, two Corvettes (a C4 and a C5), and a number of other sports style vehicles from a Fiat 124 Sport Spyder on up. The Leaf aside, driving such cars still brings a never-ending smile to my face and I doubt I'll ever fully give them up. Oh yeah, a number of motorcycles too, currently a BMW R1200RT... I guess I should also include the boat which is twin 370hp turbo diesels...

I sold my 1998 Viper GTS to by my Leaf. I don't regret the decision at all. The Leaf is fun to drive and I am saving money to boot. I still have a 2009 Challenger SRT8 to play with also!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yes my 911 cab s has been in the garage the whole week I've had my Leaf. The Leaf is such a utilitarian car. Yet so simple and pure and fun at the same time. Totally different than the cab on a sunny day w the top down and blasting thru the hills with the exhaust at full song. Both are awesome. I'm just surprised that I haven't been back into my cab yet. Maybe something to do with the wet weather here recently.

Guys at work find it odd and somewhat unbelievable. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Yes, ive come from an Audi A8 6.0 W12

funny thing is, at the moment, i have kept the W12, but i prefer driving the Leaf

I'm impressed, a NSX-T, Maserati CambioCorsa coupe, Two GT-Rs, a Viper, an E90 M3, an A8 W12, at least 2 911s, a Suzuki GSXR1000, and goodness knows what else, I'm in distinguished company. And we all have a car that is the current must-have too.

OrientExpress said:
I'm impressed, Two GT-Rs, a Viper, an E90 M3, an A8 W12, at least 2 911s, a Suzuki GSXR1000, and goodness knows what else, I'm in distinguished company. And we all have a car that is the current must-have too.

MUST GO FAST :cool:
Porsche89web.jpg

MUST GO SLOW :cry:
29211d1301446603-home-coming-

Yep . . . . no production vehicle could go from 0 to 100 to 0 faster than the big block 1960's cobra -. 2nd place? Porsche. Ahhh - to be young, stupid, and too much dough burning a hole in your pocket.
:lol:

Sence we got the Leaf a month ago I have not even started the ICE cars..The turbo car is going up forsale soon..I have no wants to go buy premium gas again..I will only own a ELECTRIC or HYBRID car once i get rid of the ICE cars..

I am taking delivery this week in San Francisco and shipping it to Boston.
I drive a Maserati CambioCorsa coupe.
Very excited to drive the leaf for work and Maserati on weekends.

We have two other cars. One of which is a 2006 Prius. The other is my baby a 2001 NSX-T with a Comptech SuperCharger, Coilovers, big brakes, headers, exhaust, etcetera. So yea I need both. I took the Leaf to Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA where I usually take the NSX-T. Lots of exotics there. I was surpised in that I got a lot of attention. People wanted to know about the Leaf. I would post a picture but it looks like that function is not working or I need to figure how to use it.
Manny

I have a Maserati Gransport spyder. I have charged its battery a couple of times since getting the Leaf two months ago, but that's it. I'd better run the tank out soon to keep the gas fresh.

The Maser is a crazy ride, and truly an event just sitting in the bugger and pressing "Start". Definitely King of the Highway while underway. But the bottom line is that the Leaf is a much better daily driver. Now that I have carpool lane stickers, the Leaf is quite a bit faster than the Maser during commute hours!

I'm old school,
66 Mustang 302 4bbl, fairly mild these days 13.9 sec @ 108 mph in the 1/4 mile and still gets 22 mpg. Not bad for an old guy. :lol:

Back