Poll : What is your reaction to 70% / 5 yrs / 60k warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your reaction to the battery capacity warranty is

• Positive

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Negative

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Neutral

Votes: 42 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yikes! This thread may have pushed me against purchasing a Leaf until they get a TMS. I drive 54 miles each way, 70% highway, with charging at both ends. 20,000 miles/yr

Driving my ice hybrid costs $2400/ yr in gas to/from work. the leaf would cost around $300 in electricity (free charging at work).

Leafs not worth it if I need to replace the battery after a few years.

So I either wait, or revisit the cmax Energi ($1250/ year) or save up,for a tesla 40 kw

Phatcat73 said:
Yikes! This thread may have pushed me against purchasing a Leaf until they get a TMS. I drive 54 miles each way, 70% highway, with charging at both ends. 20,000 miles/yr

Driving my ice hybrid costs $2400/ yr in gas to/from work. the leaf would cost around $300 in electricity (free charging at work).

Leafs not worth it if I need to replace the battery after a few years.

So I either wait, or revisit the cmax Energi ($1250/ year) or save up,for a tesla 40 kw

Sadly, I have to say that's probably the wise decision. With a 54 mile commute each way, you would have trouble making it in the Chicago winter even when the car is new, if you could at all.

Phatcat73 said:
Take a look at TaylorSFGuy's commute, which is about 130 mi RT. It should give you a better indication of what to expect (although Chicago is much colder in the winter than Seattle):
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11168&p=266941#p266582

Back