Poll : How much will the MY13 Leaf cost ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your gues for lowest trim Leaf 2013 price is :

• <=$27,500

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • $27,501 - $28,500

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • $28,501 - $29,500

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • $29,501 - $30,500

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • $30,501 - $31,500

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • $31,501 - $32,500

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • $32,501 - $33,500

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • $33,501 - $34,500

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • > $34,500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
edatoakrun said:
While I'm at it, I'm also guessing the 2013 LEAF EPA range will be ~79 miles, and that the total USA 2013 MY LEAF sales will be ~48,000, ending in ~October, when the nearly-identical 2014 MY will hit the dealerships.
What have you been smoking? 48,000 MY 2013 Leafs sold??? That would be great, but I think it is a fantasy (depends on pricing, of course).

Stoaty said:
edatoakrun said:
While I'm at it, I'm also guessing the 2013 LEAF EPA range will be ~79 miles, and that the total USA 2013 MY LEAF sales will be ~48,000, ending in ~October, when the nearly-identical 2014 MY will hit the dealerships.
What have you been smoking? 48,000 MY 2013 Leafs sold??? That would be great, but I think it is a fantasy (depends on pricing, of course).
Yes - that is the topic for another poll (once we know the price) - but I don't think we will see anything but modest YOY growth. So, may be 12k or so.

Stanton said:
No meat required: no Nav, leather, fancy wheels or upscale electronics (like cruise), and they can easily get the MSRP <$30k. Now, I wouldn't want to buy that car, but that's not the point.
Also, I don't think the S will have the rear-view camera (although I think it's an option) and it will have cheaper headlights.

All those things add up. Although as someone pointed out, I'm not sure how many of these are high-profit items that provide value but aren't all that costly to Nissan.

Not me -- I would happily go with the cheaper S base model. I would get the QC port as my one option, aside from floor mats perhaps.

I would prefer the black seats anyway, as they will show less discoloration over time, and frankly, the cruise control is something I can live without on such a limited range vehicle. It's irksome that most manufacturers' base model cars strip out cruise control. Maybe because its generally something most people want so badly, they will go with the more costly model just to get it....

The only thing I would be really concerned with is not having the live mapping system showing the available range of the car. If they left that out, I would be concerned how to work around it. Does the standard, non-internet-linked GPS system compute range on a map, without 'carwings'? Do you update the maps with a SIM chip download from a PC?

Anyway price to me is key. The incentives my dealer is now offering on current models are significant -- if they could shave another $5k off those prices, by going with the S trim, I'd be totally sold.

0.jpg

Back